Impact of Vehicles

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Wadi, Jun 25, 2018.

1. Wadi

Wadi New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Though this is a fantastic sim, I find it quite frustrating when I fail to brake properly and the car I tap in front of me sends me into a tailspin. There seems to be no give upon even a slight impact. There seems to be a slight difference on "Get Real" settings but not much. Any pointers, settings etc. would be appreciated.

2. Nano 10

Nano 10 Member

Ratings:
    +8 / 0 / -0
    Hi Wadi.

If you happen something like this relax and (do not) enjoy.

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Disagree Disagree x 2
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
  3. Andy Kettler

Andy Kettler Well-Known Member Beta tester

Ratings:
    +1,109 / 0 / -0
    1. video > Players fault

2. video > Ai´s fault

• Agree Agree x 3
  4. Wadi

Wadi New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Thanks. Well, the cost of doing business.

5. Andi Goodwin

Andi Goodwin Moderator Beta tester

Ratings:
    +791 / 0 / -0
    not even sure if 2 is the AIs fault .... over take and then shite road position afterwards , the players car is floating around in the middle like a turd in a toilet ,and brakes very early .....

Ai does make mistakes as real drivers do ... live with it , deal with it , learn from it

Andi

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  6. Nano 10

Nano 10 Member

Ratings:
    +8 / 0 / -0
    Andi Goodwin, to start the AI should not impact the car, should avoid it.

Then the impact of the IA is totally disproportionate in terms of force, always losing the player's car.

Last weekend I saw Le Mans and the behavior of the cars in traffic is totally different from the behavior of Race Room where they brutally collide with the opponent.

For years we have been asking for a solution, the AI is completely dirty and unreal.

• Dislike Dislike x 3
    • Agree Agree x 3
    • Funny Funny x 1
  7. FormelLMS

FormelLMS Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +229 / 0 / -0
    We've discussed the AI Thing many times here and it seems that nano10 want to hijack now every thread which he can.

But one thing is absolutely right in OP:

When a AI hits you, or you hit the AI (he said: and the car I tap in front of me sends me into a tailspin) he has absolute right!
    The players car is every time the looser. This is a breaker of Raceroom. You should slightly hit the car in front and then you went off the track and nothing to do.
    This is definetly not good.

• Agree Agree x 5
    • Like Like x 1
  8. Andi Goodwin

Andi Goodwin Moderator Beta tester

Ratings:
    +791 / 0 / -0

Nano ; please just crawl back under your rock , we dont have lemans in our game ; you drive at a very low Ai level , because all you want is to win and still you fail , learn some race craft , and stop being a nugget

And

• Agree Agree x 6
    • Funny Funny x 1
  9. Christian G

Christian G Topological Agitator Beta tester

Ratings:
    +2,411 / 0 / -0
    May I ask where (or who) you've been asking for years, seeing how you joined here just 2 months ago?

Guess I'm one of the lucky ones who don't suffer from weird back-tapping, for whatever reason. I get bumped, I bump into AIs and most of the times it goes down as I'd expect it to, both cars get unsettled a bit, but certainly no weird out of the blue spins. No idea if it could possibly be connected to the input device one uses..

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  10. .OG Isaac

.OG Isaac Well-Known Member Beta tester

Ratings:
    +173 / 0 / -0
    At some point you learn how to race, and then these accidents stop happening. It took me a while but I got there, now it's side by side action for days..

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. Nano 10

Nano 10 Member

Ratings:
    +8 / 0 / -0
    Andi Goodwin I said Le Mans for the competition not for the circuit, I thought it had been understood but ...

And my driving style is very good do not worry I tried all kinds of AI and it's still very, very aggressive, it has nothing to do with real racing.

Remember that Race Room is a "simulator" not an arcade game like Carmaggedon or Destruction Derby.

Chistian if you manage to survive a race it is also annoying, the AI must be challenging but not dirty and unreal like now

And if you look in trouble with AI you will see that they are years and years of complaints.

I subscribe to those complaints and started playing in 2016, then I joined the forum.

My idea is to improve the game I thought that betatesters listened to the advice of the clients.

If so many people complain about the same thing ... something happens, they should solve it.

• Dislike Dislike x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  12. Christian G

Christian G Topological Agitator Beta tester

Ratings:
    +2,411 / 0 / -0
    Well, as I stated above, at least I don't seem to be affected by the things you describe. This in turn creates a problem, because if we cannot reproduce an issue, there's not much we can do about it.

And I also don't experience the AI as being overly aggressive. And apparently I'm not the only one who thinks this way, because when looking at your posts there's usually quite a number of reponses stating that they disagree with your assertions about the AI aggression.

• Like Like x 1
  13. 2ndLastJedi

2ndLastJedi Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +156 / 0 / -0
    The Ai are pretty good here in R3E but I definitely get the spun sideways if I run into a Ai car that braked too early into a corner ! Its quite annoying and unrealistic behaviour for my car to spin around the same way every time I hit a car .
    I play with Ai set to 106% and have great battles for around 5th position , i can win if I push for P1 off the start but i usually give till the first corner before really trying to pass, but on some corners the Ai are slow and early brakers and i need to learn where they brake too early to avoid running in the rear .
    Its up there with the most annoying thing in R3E !

• Agree Agree x 2
  14. Nano 10

Nano 10 Member

Ratings:
    +8 / 0 / -0
    It`s very annoying the situation of the bots braking very early or very late, resulting in ridiculous crashes.

I am struck by the fact that there are people who defend this kind of AI, perhaps they find it funny, for me it is unnatural and totally different from what a real career is.

I tried all kinds of cars and AI but it's always the same, they hit you from behind or from the side and they also take you off the track

• Disagree Disagree x 4
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
    Last edited: Jul 4, 2018
  15. DonArturo

DonArturo Active Member

Ratings:
    +36 / 0 / -0
    have you actually have had unhealthy obsessions with other stuff you were wrong about before?

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Winner Winner x 2
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  16. RoccoTTS

RoccoTTS Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +534 / 0 / -0
    Is it possible to have a close battle with the ai without touching each other and spin out ?
    Yes it is, just look for yourself :

• Like x 2
    • Agree x 2
    • Wonderful x 2
    • Disagree x 1
    • Winner x 1
  17. RoccoTTS

RoccoTTS Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +534 / 0 / -0
    @Nano 10 If you really did watch this video and you still disagree, maybe it's time for you to leave this forum and play something else. Maybe you should start with Mario kart or something similar.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  18. Nano 10

Nano 10 Member

Ratings:
    +8 / 0 / -0
    No thanks I stay in the forum.

I like my videos that prove otherwise, they are 16, I invite you to see them, they are very instructive

As a child I played GPL, I never played Mario Kart, tell me how it is.

• Dislike Dislike x 3
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  19. Olijke Poffer

Olijke Poffer Active Member

Ratings:
    +34 / 0 / -0
    Well that looks great.. the thing about the AI in R3E is that I love them. In Pcars you often see very nervous AI cars flying left to right on the track. I like Pcars, don’t get me wrong but I love the AI from R3E..

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  20. DonArturo

DonArturo Active Member

Ratings:
    +36 / 0 / -0
    Well, if you keep going down the road you are on right now, don´t expect anyone here to actually interact with you anymore. People who can´t take an advice and think their opinion is the holy truth, even when presented with facts tend to get ignored after a while...

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Winner Winner x 2
    • Disagree Disagree x 1