It is happening again

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by Christian G, Apr 21, 2017.

1. Christian G

Christian G Topological Agitator Beta tester

Ratings:
    +2,411 / 0 / -0
    We're almost there, just one more week.
    The next trailer revealing more scenes from the upcoming season:

And there's a little three-part series going into the phenomenon that is Twin Peaks:
    Part 1
    Part 2
    Part 3
    Just be warned that these contain some spoilers from the original seasons, so stay clear of these if you haven't watched the previous stuff, which you absolutely should, seriously. ;)

2. Christian G

Ratings:
    +2,411 / 0 / -0
    Can hardly believe it, but it is actually going to happen again, tonight.
    [​IMG]
    Whatever you do, do not take the ring.

3. Christian G

Ratings:
    +2,411 / 0 / -0
    Oh my log indeed.

4. Macaquinho

Macaquinho Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +219 / 0 / -0
    I don't have Sky... :eek:

5. Balrog

Balrog Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +466 / 0 / -0
    I've just started watching the original series to see what all the fuss is about. Currently I'm at the beginning of the second season but I'm still unsure if I like it or not.:p

6. Christian G

Ratings:
    +2,411 / 0 / -0
    If you don't like it after season 2 episode 2, it probably won't grow on you after that. But I surely don't wanna deter you from watching the whole thing, I think it's well worth it, even if afterwards you don't think it's the greatest thing ever.

And I feel I need to add that much: The Movie (Fire Walk With Me, which is a prequel that sheds some light on the events that led to Agent Cooper coming to Twin Peaks and should be viewed after the first two season but before the third one) has a distinctly different style than the first two seasons of the TV show. It's much more mature, sober. So if the series is to "bright" or cooky for your liking maybe that would turn it around for you.

Last edited: May 22, 2017
  7. Squanchy

Squanchy Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +66 / 0 / -0
    I suspect that you still wont be sure after watching the whole series. Nor will you know what actually happened. :p I'm still waiting for the plot threads from Twin Peaks, X-Files, Lost to resolve.

8. Skybird

Skybird Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +803 / 0 / -0
    Twin Peaks was a sensation at the time it came out. But for me, Twin Peaks mostly is what there is until Leeland Palmer got unmasked. Then it should have ended, the story was told, the cycle was closed, and all would have been good. But they did not stop, they shot the later season, an unnecessary attempt to beat the dead horse a second time to death, and did the movie, and now this. Lynch did some great stuff, Mullholland Drive and Lost Highway really left an impression on me. But the latest stuff he did was beyond the beaches of river Jordan, it was esoteric drivel to me (Inland Empire).

I do not hold my breath for this new show. Like I just said: I think it will be like trying to beat a dead horse to death a second time. And the TV environment has changed as well.

They should have not touched this again. Like Ridley Scott should not have touched Alien again, and most likely not Blade Runner as well. That something cannot be repeated at will, sometimes is part of what made it successful in the first run - and precious.

9. Christian G

Ratings:
    +2,411 / 0 / -0
    :rolleyes:

10. Christian G

Ratings:
    +2,411 / 0 / -0
    • Funny Funny x 1
  11. Christian G