Question "Jean-Baptiste Raymond de Lacrosse" dodgy lap on Spa GT3 Leaderboard

Discussion in 'Community Support' started by Robert Wiesenmüller, Jun 25, 2016.

1. Mich Angel

Mich Angel Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +216 / 0 / -0
    @DubZ Think what he was saying is fastest lap time don't mean you win the race.. it only mean you got the fastest lap. To actualy win the race you need to be consistant with that lap wich most are not. Best drivers are those who are consitant with their lap times no matter if the race is 15 minutes or 60 minutes. ex. I grinded a fast laptime on leaderboard, restarted everytime I failed to get a better laptime and got it finaly but I would never be able to keep that laptime consistand for any amont of race, hence that is why laptime don't tell anything about who is best driver in a race specialy races over 20-30 minutes.

I think the leaderboard competitions should amount for doing like 2 warmup lap then 10 laps then take overage laptime for those 10 lap to see who is the best driver, laptime hunting is just that, one lap nothing else. ;)

• Agree Agree x 1
    Last edited: Jun 28, 2016
  2. DubZ

DubZ Member

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -0
    And what I mean is, that this thread is no discussion about hotlap vs race.

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. n01sname

n01sname Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +956 / 0 / -0
    If you look at real Motorsports (except for statistic nerds) the only time that is referred to is the official lap record in general or during previous seasons which is the fastest race lap.
    Qualifying laps are of course used as a reference too but just to compare the performance from season to season internally (for the teams).
    I have nothing against hotlapping for fun and SP players might not like my statement but your true worth is shown during race events & seasons and there , as a matter of fact , I've seen many good hotlappers fail....
    Last not least the issues with so-called Leaderboards are as old as the first proper simracing titles more than 15 Yrs ago.
    There has been always trouble around it and I doubt that it will be flawless ever....cause there are always folks trying to exploit cause there are countless egos who cannot accept to look bad (in their opinion)...as well as various technical obstacles due to the fact that the technology around it becomes more complicated.
    So feel free to proof your speed, have fun but don't take it so serious...better for all ;)

• Agree Agree x 2
  4. n01sname

Ratings:
    +956 / 0 / -0
    Well you have your opinon bout it I have mine....

• Like Like x 1
  5. DubZ

DubZ Member

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -0
    @Fairman what opinion? You guys are discussing about hotlap vs race. Comopletely aenseless) senseless in this thread.. Maybe it's time to spend some days in programming a cheat which will annoy you so much in multiplayer gaming that you understand what we are talking about.

6. n01sname

Ratings:
    +956 / 0 / -0
    I'm doin' Simracing for more than 15 Years and I know exactly what you are talking about cause that issues are not new or exclusively to find at R3e Leaderboards - it seems you don't want to get my point (connected with the topic here) trying to put me down with some arrogant attitude :

I only see you talking that way, directed at me, so who the hell is we ?

• Winner Winner x 1
  7. DubZ

DubZ Member

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -0
    Well ok, I reduce the "we" to I. I'm have a private chat running with some guys in the background where all cant understand where the discussion is going to.

Your 15 years sim racing experience are not helpfull at all, because this thread is not to discuss how Bad the (sim) gaming life is... The thread was opened to point (especially the sector3 guys) on an available exploit, hack, whatever it is (But definitlely not a good Driver ;))

You also are all the time talking about the leaderboard and you did Not understand, that this thread only refer to the hotlap time - But could also be a privat multiplayer hack. You started a discussion that we dont should upset about some leaderboard times while you dont think about what happend in this video and what more things could happen which are currently not known.

• Like Like x 1
  8. n01sname

Ratings:
    +956 / 0 / -0
    Well classical misunderstanding then, my attempt was pointed to a wider perspective about issues with Hotlapping/Leaderboards in general, while I truely understand that you guys of course feel compromised about that Jean Baptiste ( Fantasy) Lap (I also know Flamedphoenix, Alex Dornieden and Robert as extraordinary fast drivers for example and if they say there is something fishy about it then there is something fishy going on).....
    But nice gesture to come a step closer and explain your POV, DubZ, highly appreciated and no offence intended ;)

• Like Like x 2
  9. Flamedphoenix

Flamedphoenix Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +127 / 0 / -0
    ok tested it: 2:14:6min. I still got 3 tenths in my pocket, but his driving style is completly unrealistic. Taking bad lines (means he does not make use of the whole track), braking way too early and the acceleration at 3 points (exit 1.corner, midfield before and after the 4th gear left and exit last corner) is not representing the gt3 physics. Furthermore it even looks like he is driving with pad (watch the zickzack on kemmel straight) :D
    So unreal time. Would be nice if the devs would find the reason for it. :)
    @Georg Ortner @J-F Chardon

• Like Like x 2
  10. Georg Ortner

Georg Ortner KW Studios Developer

Ratings:
    +3,508 / 0 / -0
    It looks like a glitch indeed. We are looking into it.

• Like Like x 2
  11. Mich Angel

Mich Angel Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +216 / 0 / -0
    I also took notice it look like he is driving with a hand controller, I wonder if there is some hardware that can interact with the game as in accelerate and slow down time/speed... I know I had such hardwar back in the days when i was FPS competing and most of us had it, it was comon elite gear back then :p With one press on a mous button I could fixate the aim and autofire where hardware help firing att optimum rate something I could never do klicking repetedly by myself.. I know that this days that kind of hardware don't work on games as back then, but what if he found one that does??

12. J-F Chardon

J-F Chardon KW Studios Developer

Ratings:
    +5,041 / 0 / -0
    Hello, just to put this at rest, I contacted that person this week and he replied immediately, being opened about this whole thing. I looked at the telemetry from his laps from our servers, and the conclusion is that he benefited from a glitch in the loading sequence where the game failed to load the data properly for the car, resulting in a different set of engine specs for his Bentley.

Those laptimes will be removed from the leaderboard and the glitch that caused it is being investigated.

• Like Like x 7
    • Wonderful Wonderful x 4
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  13. wad53

wad53 Member

Ratings:
    +9 / 0 / -0
    It might be worthwhile looking at his Bathurst GT3 leaderboard time too. ;)

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  14. Not Lifting Off

Not Lifting Off Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +368 / 0 / -0
    Glitch or something like cheat engine? Deliberately editing memory to force the load of the wrong config or edited config files or even change the cars power while its loaded into ram, would like to think its a glitch and has been caught and fixed.

• Agree Agree x 1
  15. Christian G

Christian G Topological Agitator Beta tester

Ratings:
    +2,411 / 0 / -0

• Informative Informative x 1