Released June 2016 Patch

Discussion in 'News & Announcements' started by KW Studios, Jun 13, 2016.

1. n01sname

n01sname Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +956 / 0 / -0
    And I was bored with the GTR 2 rain settings cause it never changed: light rain, heavy rain, monsoon and nothing inbetween :)
    I do agree with Skybird here btw. For a new sensation everybody wants to have it , but once the folks are replete it is quickly forgotten or even troublesome. And looking at real racing, what's the average percentage of rainy days during a championship ?
    1-2 weekends during a season (not considering GB :) ) ?

• Agree Agree x 2
  2. Sonat Ozturk

Sonat Ozturk Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +2,012 / 0 / -0
    Never said release is on 14th :). Just mentioned 14th as a deadline to launch the game with the steam account you want to keep.

• Like Like x 3
  3. Grauer Wolf

Grauer Wolf New Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    Hopely this patch fixes the gear / drive problems with some of the actual new skins for some cars (z.06r, p4/5) and the missing environment shadows of the heli cam view.

Yes, we need new cars! New generation of gt3 and more classic gt2 and gt1 pls. New content for p1 lmp, one r18 is not enough! More tracks - nordschleife was a great deal, now the next step pls: le mans license!...

• Like Like x 1
  4. Captain Zero

Captain Zero Member

Ratings:
    +23 / 0 / -0
    Big thank you from an American who loves this game! I really enjoy all the excellent work and service you guys do for us! Kudos!!

• Like Like x 3
  5. w.velgersdijk

w.velgersdijk Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +51 / 0 / -0
    [​IMG]

Attached Files:

• Funny Funny x 4
    • Like Like x 1
  6. le_poilu

le_poilu Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +278 / 0 / -0
    All that, for me, mean almost only one thing: it's very hard to do rain in a good way, and until it's not, of course nobody will use it.
    Yes you can have waters drop on the windshield and slippery track. But racing under the rain is way more than that and way more complex to get right.
    First thing: rain simulation is totally worthless until you can manage to have a dynamic racing line. If it's to get a full wet track, then full dry, then full wet, it's a non sens at all.
    Driving under rain and wet conditions is also about finding the best driving line, and on the wet is never the same.
    If we could have something (at least) approaching the real thing that is driving under rain condition, I'me pretty sure it would be more used that Kunos said about NetKar Pro. Look at Pcars or rfactor2, Races with variables conditions are a thing, even for online races.
    It's even more relevant when you can set the game to mach real weather condition for a track.

For myself I never was for rain at all cost on games, because I know it's never really accurate and of course you'll end never using it. But the day we'll have proper rain conditions, I'll jump on it because it can give a real driving experience

Not always :)
    Lots of drivers like wet conditions, because they can make a difference by the driving and not only the performance of the car.

And to say, the bests karting races I had where the one under the rain :p

7. sbtm

sbtm Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +591 / 0 / -0
    I almost bought the fanatec CSP v3 yesterday because of the patch... but then I remembered that I need to eat until next pay arrives on my bank account in 2 weeks :-D

sooo.. I'll buy it next week or so.. damn stomach.

• Funny Funny x 2
  8. fischhaltefolie

fischhaltefolie Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,042 / 0 / -0
    V3 pedals helped me the most to improve. I've had secondhand V2 pedals before and I didn't get along with them when breaking. I never achieved full retarding. I don't know if they were damaged or I was not able. Then the mess with those loadcells. I had to replace them nearly every 8 weeks.
    V3 arrived, I plugged them in and was happy. No problems at all, very easy to adjust in fanatec settings.

• Like Like x 1
  9. KoshaPashkin

KoshaPashkin Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +204 / 0 / -0
    on steamdb, new DLC :hushed:
    [​IMG]

• Love it! Love it! x 2
  10. sbtm

sbtm Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +591 / 0 / -0
    GT Masters "Experience" 2015?? I thought there will be no "Experience".. ?

11. Matej Lakota

Matej Lakota Active Member

Ratings:
    +44 / 0 / -0
    Maybe I shouldn t compare, but just to see how rain can make races much more interesting. We raced at LeMans this weekend with some other simulator where server can be connected to real weather situation over the racetrack area and I will just say, nothing beats uncertainty and expectation from minute to minute when you are watching clouds trough your windscreen, but never know, what next half an hour will bring you.

Some minutes of my drive in the rain:

Thank you for V3 pedals upgrade, more than useful :)

• Like Like x 2
  12. Gerbuho

Gerbuho Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +264 / 0 / -0
    I wouldn't care about rain, I know I'd never use it. Night driving on the other hand...
    Couldn't get enough of the Nordschleife :)

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
  13. Metalogic

Metalogic Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +234 / 0 / -0
    If there really is going to be a 2015 ADACT GT Masters Experience, that would make my day and I'd buy it (assuming it would also be available through the Raceroom Portal Store), I was very disappointed that the 2015 ADACT GT Masters was just released as a car pack...

14. Metalogic

Ratings:
    +234 / 0 / -0
    Maybe they changed their minds, hope so! :)

• Agree Agree x 2
  15. rad

rad Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +458 / 0 / -0
    Maybe there will be some new feature, that they didn't manage to finish on time? And publisher demanded to release it, so they decided to launch cars only?

16. Gerbuho

Gerbuho Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +264 / 0 / -0
    Maybe... maybe... I don't know :(

17. Metalogic

Ratings:
    +234 / 0 / -0
    I'd rather have night driving than rain too...Should be (much) easier to implement (well) too...

18. Adam Jonas

Adam Jonas Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +222 / 0 / -0
    • Additionally we will include a lot of small fixes, which you will be able to find in the changelog, once the update is out.

One of the greatest feature of this patch. Egg-cellent.

• Agree Agree x 2
  19. A russian racer

A russian racer New Member

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0
    Hope that pagani zonda r gets new liverys and more grip its so wavey

• Agree Agree x 1
  20. MeMotS

MeMotS Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,056 / 0 / -0
    f83e13fc005394433a6a76a793f11042.jpg