Lap Times in Competitions ..

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by M. Gordon, Feb 2, 2016.

1. Sean Kenney

Sean Kenney Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +316 / 0 / -0
    sometimes it takes a bit to update on the leaderboard, but solid internet connections seem to not have an issue. People who have so-so internet seem to have some issues.

• Agree Agree x 1
  2. mjayy

mjayy Member

Ratings:
    +5 / 0 / -0
    Gordon you should try out get real mode, that should make you a lot faster.
    And for car setup: less rear wing, make the anti rollbars very soft in front and back, negative toe in front and back and more negative camber ;)

3. mjayy

mjayy Member

Ratings:
    +5 / 0 / -0
    It depends on which competition you drive. At the current DTM-Competition on Redbullring your lap will not count if you are not faster than the time you challenged :)

4. Sean Kenney

Ratings:
    +316 / 0 / -0
    ohhh odd ty

5. Mich Angel

Mich Angel Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +216 / 0 / -0
    So what you are saying is this is the only laptime chalange/competition with different rules than other...?? LoL :p

Your laptime count no matter who you chalange the chalange is just a ghost a time reference for you and nothing more...
    You end up in the leaderboard/competition on the time you did first chalange or not, the only laptime you need to beat after that to get a new laptime is your own and if you don't then it stay where it is. no new time!

6. M. Gordon

M. Gordon Member

Ratings:
    +8 / 0 / -0
    I can confirm that I did not get credit for a faster lap in this challenge when I challenged a faster ghost. I did not beat the faster ghost, but my time was 2 seconds faster than my previous best lap, and the leaderboard did not recognize my faster time.

7. Mich Angel

Ratings:
    +216 / 0 / -0
    That is realy strange have to be a bug or somthing I've always get a new time first lap I do and since all competitions I've entered I always start first lap with a ghost chalange (rarly beat him first lap) on a time I know I can beat but always get first lap time. If this was so it take away the hole purpous with the chalange ghost...

8. M. Gordon

M. Gordon Member

Ratings:
    +8 / 0 / -0
    In fact I checked my statistics page and it shows my faster time for the current DTM 2015 challenge track, but that time is not reflected on the leaderboard

9. Mich Angel

Ratings:
    +216 / 0 / -0
    Then it is the bug many have problem with doing a time and it don't get registered in leaderboard I don't have that problem yet... :p

10. Sean Kenney

Ratings:
    +316 / 0 / -0
    i tried it and it didn't take my time.

• Funny Funny x 1
  11. Mich Angel

Ratings:
    +216 / 0 / -0
    that is so wierd...

12. matteman

matteman Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +128 / 0 / -0
    The goal for me is not to be faster than the "other guy",
    For me Its about being faster than I was yesterday.:cool:

• Agree Agree x 2
  13. spire13

spire13 New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Sorry to revive a thread that's a couple of months old but I seem to be having this issue as well - I've been trying some of the current Competitions - in some, my time seems to be recorded (e.g. DTM 2014), but on the DTM 2015 and the WTCC Championship hotlap, they are not recorded in the Leaderboard for the Challenge/Championship but yet I can see my times for those races on my Profile Statistics page!

Did anyone ever get to the bottom of this?

14. Mich Angel

Ratings:
    +216 / 0 / -0
    Don't know but I solved it by doing a cool down lap after I am done and drive in to pit and let that end it and it register just fine but when I am on track and ESC out to menu it hapen sometime my time is not recorded as you say in the comp or leaderboards but you can see it on your profile...

EDIT: some leaderboard have been totally reset so might be a reason... hmmm...

• Informative Informative x 1
  15. spire13

spire13 New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Thanks for the suggestion Mich - I just tried that (went into the pits, with the game "dropping" back into the menu), but no, no time has appeared on the relevant leaderboard, so still an issue (for me at least!).

16. Mich Angel

Ratings:
    +216 / 0 / -0
    hmm.. that's not good.. it happen so rarely for me that it have not been a issue for me yet.. wonder if it could be related to connection timeouts.

Edit: just remembered I have steam overlay turns off when playing games for it take up a lot of net resources and I only turn it on when I buy something in game shops that require it to be turned on to work. then turn it off again. If you have steam overlay turned on try turning it off and see if that work.

Last edited: Apr 30, 2016
  17. spire13

spire13 New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Well, I tried logging out of the RaceRoom website (I was logged in through a web browser as well as having R3E running), and did a hard reset of the PC. Tried the WTCC 15 challenge again (seeing as all of the Competitions have now ended, this was the only one I could try) and it registered my time! (Still doesn't make much sense seeing as the game would record times for some competitions but not others - all in the same session).

This could all be pure coincidence of course - maybe R3E did something on their end, or the current Competitions ending "did something" or ?

I'll see what happens when the next lot of competitions go up...

18. Mich Angel

Ratings:
    +216 / 0 / -0
    Yea as I hear it said on the forum they go up on Monday again ;) we'll se maby there was a bug needed to be fixed ;)

• Like Like x 1