Problem Logitech G29 Leds and FFB problems

Discussion in 'Community Support' started by -nOiSe-, Jun 24, 2019.

1. -nOiSe-

-nOiSe- Well-Known Member Beta tester

Ratings:
    +51 / 0 / -0
    Hi!!
    After the last main update - the one that introduced the FR90 Cars - my Logitech G29 on steering wheel leds stopped functioning. Before that they worked properly. :cry:

Another strange "bug" seems to happen to me when I drive FR90 v12 Cars (I just own the V12): normally I can drive it, but sometimes if I go out of the track on the gravel or the grass, with two or the whole four wheels, when I correct the direction to control the car my steering wheel "looses grip" becoming askew as a suspension is damaged... I'll explain better: for example, in that moment in real life steering wheel is straight, in the game is rotated about 30-45° left or right without any reason... :fearful:
    I have to say I didn't touch walls and I don't damaged the suspension, this happens also with "car damage off". It seems it happens just with FR90, at the moment no problem with the other cars, so probably it isn't a hardware issue.

Thanks a lot.
    :blush:

2. monzoom

monzoom New Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    Same story for me. Sadly.
    I hope they fix it with the next update. :(

3. -nOiSe-

Ratings:
    +51 / 0 / -0
    :sob:
    It had happened once before and they fixed it very fast...

4. Christian G

Christian G Topological Agitator Beta tester

Ratings:
    +2,411 / 0 / -0
  5. -nOiSe-

Ratings:
    +51 / 0 / -0
    The second problem I wrote about in the first post happens also with other cars, expecially driving "fast cars" like FR90, FX17... :triumph: And today also with the "Super racer" competition Porsche. What could it be? I hope not a hardware issue... :sweatsmile:
    I don't know if you understood what happened here, it's a little bit hard to explain... Maybe I should try to make a video...

6. -nOiSe-

Ratings:
    +51 / 0 / -0
    With the help of youtube, I SOLVED the second problem!

If your Logitech G29/G27 do something like this

that means the sensor is dirty and must be clear. (This video shows PS4 "version", but it's same for PC)

So what you have to do it's:
    • Unplug your G29/G27: first the electrical plug, then the USB one.
    • Dismount it, as shown clearly in this video:

• Locate the sensor as shown here below. This video It's not very clear, but you must locate a little silver-thing inside that cilinder. You'll recognize it also because it's dirty, there's a lot of dirty there and it's incredible how much dirty can go there... :laughing:

• Now clean it!! Personally I used a cotton swab and denatured ethyl alcohol.
    • Re-assemble your hardware.
    • Test it! I hadn't problems in 2 hours of racing with different cars... :smiley:

I hope this could help :wink:
    If I succeeded, you can do it too... :joycat:

(Videos aren't mine... :tearsofjoy: )

• Informative Informative x 1
    Last edited: Aug 2, 2019