Question Look to Apex/ Macau

Discussion in 'Community Support' started by simrace2, Apr 21, 2018.

1. simrace2

simrace2 New Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    Is there an option for look to apex or look ahead like there was in GTR2 or Race07? I looked through the menus and could not find anything. If not, Raceroom needs to include it in future builds. Trying to make the hairpin at Macau without some way of looking toward the corner is frustrating and inconsistent to say the least. It makes this track no fun at all. I've driven it in other sims and enjoyed the challenge, but I quit playing it on Raceroom because it was virtually impossible to negotiate the hairpin.

2. Gopher04

Gopher04 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +237 / 0 / -0
    Straight forward answer is no...but we so need one.

3. majuh

majuh Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +257 / 0 / -0
    Make sure your steering lock is high enough, then you simply need to drive on the "BUS STOP" writing and turn your steering wheel all the way to the right. You will always make the corner this way with the correct speed.

• Like Like x 1
  4. simrace2

simrace2 New Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    Thank you for the tip. The steering lock and lack of sightline is certainly making that corner very challenging. In Race07 I rarely had as big a problem as I've had with RRE. I was having to make a "K" turn every lap with the Porsche GT3 and it was ridiculous.

5. Yevgeny Lazorenko

Yevgeny Lazorenko Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +793 / 0 / -0
    You can pass that hairpin easily with the handbrake even with the default steering's settings if you don't like maximum steering lock.

6. n01sname

n01sname Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +956 / 0 / -0
    As I asked for a look-to-apex-function for years in vain now, I finally bought myself a Delan Clip (alternatively the ED Tracker is also very popular) and if you are not planning to get a VR Set (due to low budget issues) in the near future or haven't checked out decent Headtracking Soft'n Hardware at all, I can ensure you it's a total game changer (kinda fake VR for around 50€ ) and makes your RR Experience so much more lively - you'll kick yourself for waiting and wanting look-to-apex so long, sitting behind your static desktop display in a static cockpit that , in comparison & review, always felt numb & dull...:)

( @Yevgeny Lazorenko )

• Informative Informative x 2
  7. Gopher04

Ratings:
    +237 / 0 / -0
    Sounds at looks interesting, not the prettiest of things but seems to work well, but 2 more USB slots might have to use a hub, which gave me nout but problems years ago.
    Did you find fairly straight forward on setting up the software? and what did you use?

8. n01sname

Ratings:
    +956 / 0 / -0
    The Delan clip takes a bit of fiddling around (better take your time to avoid frustration - though once you checked what's what, it becomes fairly easy) & comes complete with modified camera, software & all (which I updated immediately for better tracking results = works like charm). The most pratical tracker seems to be ED Tracker as all-in-one item If I'm right, also available as wireless box incl. USB-Stick...

9. Gopher04

Ratings:
    +237 / 0 / -0
    Was doing alot of looking around last night, didn't really like the Ed Tracker, but then came across Trackhat, and their new TrackHat Clip Plus looks good, alittle more expensive as it's better finished and is wireless, it would be interesting to know who came first, as they are basically the same design but Delan clip is more raw. It seems Opentack software is the best way to go.
    Have you had it working with all major sims..

10. n01sname

Ratings:
    +956 / 0 / -0
    I just checked it out with RRE and Dirt 4 /Dirt Rally, works flawless, immersion is even better when driving Rallystages..guess there should be no problem with actual Simtitles at all....

11. Gopher04

Ratings:
    +237 / 0 / -0
    Sorry Fairman what have you checked out? do you mean Opentrack or Delan Clip.

12. n01sname

Ratings:
    +956 / 0 / -0
    Delan Clip

13. Gopher04

Ratings:
    +237 / 0 / -0
    Does the software have to open/running whilst playing or is it just use for calibration?

14. n01sname

Ratings:
    +956 / 0 / -0
    Software & Camera combined are operating in the background .
    You'll need two USB slots for clip & camera unless you go for another Headtracker than Delan Clip...;)

• Like Like x 1
  15. Gopher04

Ratings:
    +237 / 0 / -0
    Yeh I went with EdTracker in the end, one due to the size, and the lack of USB needed, anyway only received it today so haven't tried it, but thought I'd make something so I don't have to use a headset for offline racing, so modded a Alice band..

IMAG0121.png