Released Mercedes-AMG Motorsport eRacing Competition 2018

Discussion in 'News & Announcements' started by Robert Wiesenmüller, Apr 20, 2018.

1. Christian G

Christian G Topological Agitator Beta tester

Ratings:
    +2,411 / 0 / -0
    Things are getting a bit confusing round here..
    The KTM X-Bow has been released for quite some time, and yes it is in its own class because that's how it's run in the real life X-Bow Cup. The KTM that is yet to be released is the GT4 car and I'm not aware of any cups that run only KTM GT4s (that doesn't mean that there might not be such a cup somewhere, but there's no significant series doing so afaIk).
    So they should release the KTM GT4 on its own because it's been announced or teased for too long, but they shouldn't release those DTM cars as cup classes? ;)

I don't really understand why this is such a big issue. As Robert already said, those Mercedes DTM classics will be released simply because they are here now, thanks to that cooperation between Raceroom and Mercedes-AMG. And tbh I think they drive superbly, so I assume many people who tested them will be pleased to be able to drive them outside the competition later on. What would you have done in their place if the chance to create those competitions would have presented itself to you? Would you have declined this huge marketing chance because unless there's a full-fledged series to create it's not worth doing it? Why shouldn't they be sold after the end of the competition, knowing that a complete DTM/ITC 1995 roster won't be available any time soon, if at all. After all, there are reasons they won't even consider making a DTM 1995 at this point in time, the announcement of WTCR and a more fleshed out GT4 class are just two of them.
    Sadly all those things don't just fall from the heavens and the work on these new series is in full swing, but it will take more time.

And I don't know who told you to be happy with those Mercedes cup classes coming up, but if you prefer more complete series' to be released I'm totally fine with that, and I even agree. I just don't see why they shouldn't release those marvelous cars now that they've been created anyway..

• Like Like x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
    Last edited: May 23, 2018
  2. FormelLMS

FormelLMS Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +229 / 0 / -0
    I'm really sorry that there was such a discussion started after I've told my only opinion.

I've said, that I dislike, that there is not the full grid for those Mercedes Cars. Nothing more. So this is my point to say, I don't want to buy, because I don't want to drive a Mercedes Class, because in my head is such a class with an Alfa and an Opel.

Thats the only point.

I absolutely like, that S3 deal with Mercedes and make those events happen, but if I where S3, I definetly want to get the other two to sell them.

That was the think I loved i Raceroom: Full Race Series. DTM Mercedes don't provide this.

I hope, it's ok, to stay at my opinion and that there is no point to discuss about. :)

• Like Like x 2
  3. Don Rudi

Don Rudi Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +284 / 0 / -0
    Nicely twisting my words, you know well I was refering to the X-Bow GT4 in my post o_O
    Thanks! My point exactly. So it is awesone to have a single Merc, but we cannot be bothered with a single KTM GT4 - merkste was? ;)

And for the record, I never said they should not release those Mercs and I also said that these eSports events are great for the game's reputation. All I wanted was to express my concerns, that we average drivers who enjoy their offline races are not being forgotten. Nothing more, nothing less. I could enwrap it with a bit more drama though, if you like ;)

4. Christian G

Ratings:
    +2,411 / 0 / -0
    Sure you can have that opinion, nobody is debating that preference, at least I'm not. ;) Like I said, I also like having classes with more than one car, so there's no disagreement there.

Now I'm not in any way involved in those decision, so the following is just me speculating, but looking at the timeline how these announcements and competitions line up, I assume that those competitions emerged last, which means that work on WTCR and GT4 (among other things that are being worked on but sadly can't be talked about just now) had already begun when they decided to create those Mercs. Hadn't that been the case, maybe they would have considered going for an ITC 95, but with those other projects already on the go it just wouldn't have made any sense to add yet another construction site at this very moment.
    Like I said, just my imagined take on how this all came about to be like it is now, but sometimes the timing is really all that prevents great things (like an ITC 95 in RR, which would just be kick-ass and I totally want that too :) ).

Last edited: May 23, 2018
  5. Christian G

Ratings:
    +2,411 / 0 / -0
    Err, that wasn't really meant as hostile as it might have come across. Maybe it's also because internally we refer to the X-Bow RR simply as the X-Bow and the X-Bow GT4 as the KTM GT4 for clarity. So my apologies if that came out wrong or I missread things, I just thought you might have mixed up the two.
    Well, I do realise that it would probably cause more problems to release the KTM X-Bow GT4 ;) now, because once those other cars will follow the physics will most likely have progressed and that would mean having to do the whole GT3-class-update-thing again. And I guess the least people around here are very eager to have that again...

• Like Like x 1
  6. Christian G

Ratings:
    +2,411 / 0 / -0
    Oh and just for the record, you aren't. I'm not the only one among the testers who want just the same and we won't stop reminding the developers of that. :)

• Love it! Love it! x 1
  7. Don Rudi

Don Rudi Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +284 / 0 / -0
    THAT is all I wanted to hear, now my day is brightened up a little again ;)

• Wonderful Wonderful x 1
  8. rad

rad Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +458 / 0 / -0
    And meanwhile at Sector 3 Studios

:p

• Funny Funny x 4
  9. n01sname

n01sname Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +956 / 0 / -0
    Either you overestimate the impact of your post or you're not used to lean yourself out of the window a bit for a decent discussion and controversy (not the mostly irrational war of biased opinions nowadays ), which (imo) is the salt to a regular client-customer relation as well as for ironing out any kind of discomfort :)....

• Agree Agree x 2
  10. RoccoTTS

RoccoTTS Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +534 / 0 / -0
    So besides WTCR, GT4, 3 DTM cars, 6 Porsches and 3 new tracks there are other things coming in the future ?
    Wow, future of R3E is looking bright :D

• Agree Agree x 2
  11. GooseCreature

GooseCreature Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +670 / 0 / -0
    Gotta love you lot, one side moaning that the Merc's will be released on their own and not part of a pack, then others complaining that the KTM's been ready for ages, why no release on it's own, rather than wait for a pack of GT4's. o_Oo_Oo_O
    What comes will come, rather than blather on about what's missing, get yourself in motor you've not driven forever, on a track you've long forgotten and drive. This Sim has so many hidden gems lurking in the periphery it belies belief, yeah a few could do with some TLC but how many of us has taken all the GT3's on every track since the physics update? Mathematically it's an enormous challenge on it's own and that's just one series. Love new content and buy it regardless, might not be my cup of tea but I will still rag it around as many tracks as I can. Wasn't much of a FWD fan at all but some of the best races I've had in RR has been in the WTCC's, door to door mayhem, what's not to like.
    We all want and expect different things from the same title, so every now and again something we feel is unimportant, yet is a game changer for another, must be tolerated or else life is gonna be a big disappointment for a lot of you.
    Live and let live!

• Agree Agree x 7
  12. Robert Wiesenmüller

Robert Wiesenmüller Esports / Events

Ratings:
    +1,133 / 0 / -0
    • Like Like x 3
  13. DaniloE31

DaniloE31 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +73 / 0 / -0
    Whole Lotta 2 Likes ;)
    You get it? :D

14. Robert Wiesenmüller

Ratings:
    +1,133 / 0 / -0
    Yes, here it seems like most of the people are more interested in other features of the game, especially the "offline" components. When elsewhere 3235 people seem to appreciate it and 7000 people drive in the competition. Not sure if this is the right place indeed for me to push this competition.

• Agree Agree x 1
    Last edited: Jun 10, 2018
  15. m.bohlken

m.bohlken Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +988 / 0 / -0
    yeah - to be honest, I still don't get why social-media-plattforms are so hyped, as I feel these plattforms are just a mess of information and junk-comments, but it seems that there are much more people following...

I wouldn't give much about likes or reactions to these posts, as many of us are already following the races live on the facebook-pages...

• Agree Agree x 3
  16. DaniloE31

DaniloE31 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +73 / 0 / -0
    I take it as a simple lack of Interest, not a matter of the choice of the right media ;)

• Agree Agree x 2
  17. m.bohlken

m.bohlken Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +988 / 0 / -0
    If a Stream of an esports-Race has more than 9000 views on youtube and many more on Facebook, than there must be some kind of Interest.
    Some of those following Racerooms activities get Informations not only here in the Forum but also on Facebook, Twitter, youtube, twitch and so on.
    But I agree with @Robert Wiesenmüller that the Forum might not be the best place to Push competitions as you will reach more people on Social-Media-Plattforms nowerdays. Here in the Forum are more the Fans of the Game it self. So you may leave Information and indepth Details still here but push it on Facebook, Twitter maybe Instagram?!

18. Robert Wiesenmüller

Ratings:
    +1,133 / 0 / -0
    • Like Like x 6
  19. alesi27

alesi27 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +233 / 0 / -0
    Finally, time to drive a Jean Alesi car....:p

20. sbtm

sbtm Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +591 / 0 / -0
    so the DTM 95 challenge has ended and it was said that the car will be available in the store after its challenge ended... soo can we expect it to come to the store this week? :)

• Like Like x 1