Problem Motion rig gt3 shift wobble

Discussion in 'Community Support' started by Sberns, Jul 2, 2018.

1. Sberns

Sberns New Member

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0
    Hi, just got back into R3E. Love the sim and the sounds are just fantastic!! I have a SimX motion rig and it seems that every time I upshift in the GT3 class cars (eg 911 GT3 R), my seat wobbles and pitches forward and back 3-4 times in succession instead of a single quick jolt (that is normal). This does not happen in other cars in R3E. I have also never experienced this in another sim. Anyone else ever have this problem or know how to fix it?? Thanks!

2. BrianBosch

BrianBosch Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +129 / 0 / -0
    I wish I could help you. I also have a motion rig NLR v3. Upshift works ok. So not sure if the cause of your 3-4 times wobble is on the R3E side or the SimX side (or anything else, long live the troubleshooting era). Strange that you only experience this with GT3 carsin R3E? Paddle shift vs H shifter the cause?

Yep fully agree R3E with motion sim is #1 combi. At least that's my personal humble opinion.

3. Sberns

Sberns New Member

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0
    Hi Brian,
    Thanks for chiming in! Doesn’t seem to matter regarding paddle vs H-shift. If you’re not experiencing it I wonder if it’s a SimX problem as I think all motion systems are generating the motion from shared telemetry and so an R3E problem would likely affect everyone. At least it’s only with the GT3 cars for some reason. Maybe something changed with the newest car physics?

4. Onaflyer

Onaflyer Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +52 / 0 / -0
    Just checked a couple GT3 cars, all shifts are right on. Nice and crisp with all cars. Prosimu T1000. Just an fyi. Maybe post something on SimX forum, someone might know something you can do. Good luck, see you on track.

5. Sberns

Sberns New Member

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0
    Thanks :) I'm going to open a ticket with SimX after I try and narrow down which effect is responsible.

• Like Like x 2
  6. Sberns

Sberns New Member

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0
    So I was trying to narrow down what effect is causing the wobble and with my seat effects off, I realized that I'm also getting a subtle wobble effect on my DIY G-Seat that runs with Simtools (surge effect). I also realized that this problem exists in other cars but is most prominent in the GT3 series. Given that this is happening in both Simcommander 4 (SimX) and Simtools, it has to be something to do with the R3E telemetry output. Does anyone know if there are config files that somehow could be responsible for this (the wheel controlset file doesn't have any effect) or do I have to submit a ticket to sector3?

7. Andi Goodwin

Andi Goodwin Moderator Beta tester

Ratings:
    +791 / 0 / -0
    quick question , is this constant or does it depend on how much right foot you add on/after the gearchange ?
    have you tried (have no idea if it will work) setting the shift ffb in game lower.
    if so does it change anything ?
    my thoughts are that it might be the transmission flex coming through as this isnt on all cars just recently updated ones ...

Andi

8. Sberns

Sberns New Member

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0
    Hi Andi, thanks for responding. The intensity of the wobble is dependent on RPM around the time of the shift. It does happen in other cars as well but it is very exaggerated in the GT3 cars. I am running with 0 ffb shift effect and 0 in my control set file. I tried adding a tiny amount in case there was a bug with zero, but it didn’t seem to make any difference.

9. Andi Goodwin

Andi Goodwin Moderator Beta tester

Ratings:
    +791 / 0 / -0
    any chance you can post your controllers rcs file , just incase i see something untoward in there ?
    its in documents/mygames/simbin/raceroom/userdata/controlset

Andi

ps might not reply until saturday evening ,concert at the bar tonight

10. Sberns

Sberns New Member

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0
    Ok thanks. Done.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jul 6, 2018
  11. RacingRichie

RacingRichie New Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    I have a ProSimu T1000 as well and use SimTools. I experience the wobbles, like some others in the XSimulator-Forum.

Anything we can do to narrow that down? Let me know what I could provide to give you a better picture.

12. Onaflyer

Onaflyer Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +52 / 0 / -0
    I have noticed the wobble now with some cars in R3E, some GT3 and some GT1 Apollo for sure.

13. Heath

Heath Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +136 / 0 / -0
    Hi! :D just noticed this discussion and being the fact that I run a DOF2 motion platform, I just went and tested to see i could duplicate the problem as per wobble and unfortunately I can not , I currently run Sim Tools version..V.2.0.3.1. not sure what version you are running, but at this stage I would say not RaceRoom related...

Last edited: Nov 22, 2018
  14. RacingRichie

RacingRichie New Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    I am running SimTools too. Strange thing is, that I only have this issue in RRE, not AC, not pcars2, not rfactor2.

here is a video of what it looks like(video is with 100% throttle and i think playback speed 50%, so you can more easily see the gearshift and the following wobble):

15. Heath

Heath Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +136 / 0 / -0
    Yeah , wow that pretty insane, :eek:

16. Heath

Heath Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +136 / 0 / -0
    Just wondering if the latest software updates for your software are written for a more current game engine, Once the devs have a look at your logs , might give a better idea what's going on. What version of sim tools are you running? Also require PC specs, and controllers, what version of windows, 32 or 64 , use speccy to grab most of the data neccessary. Also when it happens again shut down the PC and attach logs, game and mwt files , just zip them , .documents/mygames/simbin/raceroom/userdata/logs. Will be time and dated to your last use of the game. Thanks :D

Last edited: Nov 22, 2018
  17. RacingRichie

RacingRichie New Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    I just noticed the issue is not only linked to gear shifts but in general to an abrupt cut in forward surge, so e.g. if you lift the foot off the throttle quickly you get the same effect.

@tex_548 :
    I just updated to Sim Tools version V.0.2.3.0 which is the latest publicly available, but it doesn't make a difference unfortunately. This version as well as the latest plugin version state a new "memory structure handling"?!. Since you have a non-public version this might bring any improvement?!

18. RacingRichie

RacingRichie New Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    hmm anyone specific we could kindly "bump" to have a look at this?

• Like Like x 1
  19. GooseCreature

GooseCreature Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +670 / 0 / -0
  20. Heath

Heath Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +136 / 0 / -0
    No good unless supply information asked for above :) besides that he works on the physics of the cars not the desired output to motion rigs

Last edited: Nov 27, 2018