Moving the Position of HUD (gears, rev, drs etc)

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by henriqueyan, Jan 28, 2017.

1. henriqueyan

henriqueyan New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Any news about this feature?

2. Rodent

Rodent Well-Known Member Beta tester

Ratings:
    +323 / 0 / -0
    Something akin to Trackmap would be awesome.

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. Andy Blade

Andy Blade Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +302 / 0 / -0
    Agree completely some info gets in the way for me triple screen setup and blocks my view of apex dependant on fov , have asked devs to look into moving them or being able to move them ourselves

• Like Like x 4
  4. AlleyViper

AlleyViper Active Member

Ratings:
    +39 / 0 / -0
    Even an option for left/right and (mostly) center would be welcome, as older Simbin titles had for gear.

Last edited: Jan 29, 2017
  5. theblacknight04

theblacknight04 New Member

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0
    i have the same issues with triple screen. the HUD elements are slightly over the middle screen bevels even using correct bezxel correction. Also ther portal/leaderboard has the same issue where i cant see the left/right edges (when checking your position the number is cut off). Anyway to adjust the HUD position at all?

6. Andy Blade

Andy Blade Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +302 / 0 / -0
    Hud no not at this time

• Like Like x 1
  7. theblacknight04

theblacknight04 New Member

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0
    thanks for the reply, perhaps a future feature that could be looked at as it does mainly affect users running triple screens :p

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. Andi Goodwin

Andi Goodwin Moderator Beta tester

Ratings:
    +791 / 0 / -0
    i turn it all off, use crewchief and an android App for a dashboard ..... the sim version of real life

Andi

• Agree Agree x 3
  9. ElNino

ElNino Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +475 / 0 / -0
    Yup I'll be that guy in the thread.....not high on my priority list. I use dashmeter, and also keep the one on in the bottom right of the screen, which has never gotten in the way of anything for me. Also standings up top I keep on, again never in the way.

10. Rodent

Ratings:
    +323 / 0 / -0
    Yep not the priority I agree, but if the Trackmap dudes can do what they do, and for free. Clearly it should be within the scope of a professional studio.

11. Tuborg

Tuborg Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +457 / 0 / -0
    Invalid place

Who's there? Please move this message to the left or right. This is an really old sugestion.
    invalid place.jpg

• Agree Agree x 2
  12. Neil Bateman

Neil Bateman Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +48 / 0 / -0
    RS Dash and Z1 Dash for me, one one my tablet and i get upto 4 instances of Z1 dash on my 2nd monitor.
    More than anyone should need.

13. Rodent

Ratings:
    +323 / 0 / -0
    True, though the option would still be welcome. Specially for VR.

• Agree Agree x 1
  14. HoiHman

HoiHman Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +142 / 0 / -0
    Being able to move the HUD is NR1 on my wish list.

The HUD is already disabled and i'm using Crewchief, but there are still some mandatory HUD items which are way off in VR.

If i'm not mistaken you have to announce you pitstop at least half a lap in advance to avoid having to wait until the pit-crew is ready to carry out the pit stop. This means i have to race at least half a lap in VR with the pit menu way too close in my face on the right side.

Also the starting lights are too close and feel like they are being jammed into your face.

The ability to move the HUD items further away and up and down would be awesome.

15. M D Gourley

M D Gourley Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +92 / 0 / -0
    I too would like the HUD to be repositionable to another area on the screen set up, whether single or triple. I have given up on trying to position my seat with the steering wheel on so I can see the dash readout in a good spot as well as getting the rear view mirror and side mirrors nicely aligned....now I have turned off the Arms and Steering Wheel, moved the dash read out closer while also trying to get the rear view mirror and side mirrors into a good spot for driving...it works nicely on most but not all cars....so having the ability to move the HUD into the right position, covering up / overlaying the cockpit dash readout would be a dream....this way I would only need to move the seating position for the mirrors then place the repositionable HUD in line with my actual T300 Steering Wheel.

• Agree Agree x 2
    Last edited: Jun 6, 2017
  16. Yevgeny Lazorenko

Yevgeny Lazorenko Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +793 / 0 / -0
    I can't wait for Chat box in the HUD or something, don't need something complicated, just a simple chat window, so I can see what people talk about.

Because, current disappearing messages not the best way to read information, which I almost can't see under the rear mirror...

When I am trying to type something after the finish I can't read anything else at all...

• Agree Agree x 3
  17. nolive721

nolive721 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +77 / 0 / -0
    Sorry for necro thread but I can’t find the way to resize the hud elements and didn’t want to open a new thread

I can move them after pressing m key with my mouse but then no way I can find how to change their size

I tried mouse keys the wheel etc but no joy

any guidance appreciated

18. Goffik

Goffik Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +170 / 0 / -0
    If memory serves, I think you right-click and hold on the element you want to resize, and then drag the mouse. Obviously activate the HUD movement mode first. I'm sure someone else can confirm. (or correct!)

• Informative Informative x 1
  19. nolive721

nolive721 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +77 / 0 / -0
    OMG I feel like such a noob, after 2yrs of having teh Game. It worked perfectly as you advised thanks so much

to my defence, I have been on OtterHud user for quite some time so I never really bothered with the stock HUD but I have soem issues with latest Windows10 and the Game UI refresh so I decided to go back to stock

thanks again

• Like Like x 1