Problem Need help game crashes

Discussion in 'Community Support' started by Semper Fortis, Aug 31, 2017.

1. Semper Fortis

Semper Fortis New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Hi fellow drivers!
    I'm enjoying the game so much but lately I started having problems with it. The problem consists in the incredible amount of crashes of the game before I can get into a race. The crashes are happening only before a race or when I finished a race and try to get into another one. I fixed another error with the cefNoGPU and that is ok now, but i keep getting a new error. Here is a link to a screen shot with gyazo of the error pop up. I'm ataching the things I get into the crash dump folder and there are a lot of things.
    Laptop specs:
    -Windows 7 32bit
    -i3 1.8 GHz
    -4 GB RAM
    I mention that when I get into the game it runs with no problems, no lagg, no fps drops, everything is ok.
    I would appreciate if someone could help me fix this.

Attached Files:

2. Semper Fortis

Semper Fortis New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Here is the screen shot of the crash.

Attached Files:

3. Karting06

Karting06 Well-Known Member Beta tester

Ratings:
    +128 / 0 / -0
    • Agree Agree x 1
  4. Semper Fortis

Semper Fortis New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    So if I would upgrade to 64 bit os it would work normally?

5. Christian G

Christian G Topological Agitator Beta tester

Ratings:
    +2,411 / 0 / -0
    It should improve, but looking at the specs you've posted I'm still in doubt that it would work without errors. Your laptop barely meets the minimum requirements. (Scroll down here to find them: http://store.steampowered.com/app/211500/RaceRoom_Racing_Experience )

If the crashes are in fact down to running out of memory, the 4GB you have might just not be enough, depending on how many of the RAM is occupied by the OS and other applications.

6. Semper Fortis

Semper Fortis New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    It says that 3.15 is usable out of the 4. Is it too little to run the game?

7. m.bohlken

m.bohlken Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +988 / 0 / -0
    yepp, it is a bit to less memory. In many cases it is enough, but on bigger tracks and bigger grid-sizes R3E simply needs a bit more. You can try to increase the Virtual Memory. Here a little articel, how you can set the Virtual Memory: http://www.online-tech-tips.com/com...uters-performace-configuring-the-paging-file/

Upgrading Memory on your system and installing a 64bit-Windows OS wouldn't be a bad idea (if possible), too. It is really a noticeable difference - not only in R3E.

8. Karting06

Karting06 Well-Known Member Beta tester

Ratings:
    +128 / 0 / -0
    And by the way, if you add more RAM, you need to use a 64bit system.
    32 bit systems can address a maximum of 4 GB RAM.

9. Andi Goodwin

Andi Goodwin Moderator Beta tester

Ratings:
    +791 / 0 / -0
    honestly i wouldnt bother doing an upgrade , unless its for a complete system ... the processor is at its limit im sure aswell , ok going to 64 bit may help adding a bit of ram may help but you will bug with the processor in my opinion

Andi

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. m.bohlken

m.bohlken Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +988 / 0 / -0
    totally agree @Andi Goodwin but, that is a different price-tag. Upgrading memory for a laptop from 4gb to 8gb is about 60€ at the moment. But the question is, if upgrading memory is even possible.

11. Andi Goodwin

Andi Goodwin Moderator Beta tester

Ratings:
    +791 / 0 / -0
    minimum requirements say @2.4ghz and seriously on a dual core that is limit in my opinion , above 3ghz on 4 or more cores starts to let you run the game to its full potential

sorry if this news sucks ...
    what you can try is shutting everything down that isnt needed running in the background , dont have hardly any AI and make the game as fugly as possible turn everything graphic wise down to minecraft option

but again i think you will struggle

Andi

• Agree Agree x 1