Problem No Response from RR Servers

Discussion in 'Community Support' started by Not Lifting Off, Nov 15, 2017.

1. Robert Wiesenmüller

Robert Wiesenmüller Esports / Events

Ratings:
    +1,133 / 0 / -0
    I restarted the servers yesterday but it didn't help. The responsible persons are notified, but due to the holidays it might take a little bit until it is fixed. Sorry :(

• Dislike Dislike x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  2. Tarik Userli

Tarik Userli Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +578 / 0 / -0
    it seems that sth is wrong since the latest patches in the MP lobby...Sounds like a cache problem or sth else

3. fdeutsch

fdeutsch New Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    This is very unfortunate. Last two weeks was a time of the year when I can race online the most. I have only being able to pick about 4 races on the last two weeks. Races where pretty good fun. IMO this removes a lot of value from this simulator, at least for me that multiplayer is one of the major aspects I look for.

• Agree Agree x 2
  4. Robert Wiesenmüller

Ratings:
    +1,133 / 0 / -0
    Multiplayer still works though. It is just that some servers are frozen in the lobby, but the majority of servers is still accessible.

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. fdeutsch

fdeutsch New Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    The mayority of servers with drivers on them are the ones hard to access. Not to much reason to enter empty servers.
    Hope this will be solved soon.

6. Tuborg

Tuborg Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +457 / 0 / -0
    Tried 4 servers today. "No respons...

7. BrieseRacing

BrieseRacing New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Hallo, ich kann ebenfalls auf keinen Server zugreifen.. "Keine Antwort vom Server" und wenn es mal funktioniert irgendwo, dann werde ich mitten im Rennen gekickt mit der Information, dass mein Ping für den Server zu hoch sei.. Ziemlich frustrierend irgendwie.. oder müssen als Nutzer irgendwelche Ports freigegeben werden ?

8. Nir Tal

Nir Tal Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +53 / 0 / -0
    got "refuse connection" for at least 5 live servers today (not frozen servers - their clock is not resetting after refresh) and their ping was less than 100...really weird

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. Scott-Ozyguy

Scott-Ozyguy New Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    You need to use a LOOPBACK function to run a Raceroom Server and also be able to play on it yourself, when run from the same PC. Ie. Raceroom Dedicated Server, and Raceroom Experience. (Both run via Steam)
    A loopback can be setup either in your router, or by software in Windows.
    Some routers do not have this ability. Here is how to create the loopback function in Windows. It simply creates another network the you put your external ip into. You still connect via your normal network connection. This just has to be enabled exactly as follows... Credit for the following goes to original author.

Attached Files:

10. Scott-Ozyguy

Scott-Ozyguy New Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    Another option is to use something like an Amazon Server to host Raceroom server. There is a free trial available to do this. I have done this and it works well. Just a bit concerned of leaving it running and possible costs after trial runs out.

• Like Like x 1
  11. Robert Wiesenmüller

Ratings:
    +1,133 / 0 / -0
    About the frozen servers, we are on it again.

About getting kicked from the servers, send a log file from such a session to community@raceroom.com and we can try to investigate if it is related. Just note, it depends on the server settings at which ping you get kicked (or if you get kicked) so it might be an intolerant server host instead of a bug :D But better send logs so we can figure it out.

• Like Like x 5
  12. fdeutsch

fdeutsch New Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
  13. Robert Wiesenmüller

Ratings:
    +1,133 / 0 / -0
    We have changed to a different server. A practice server called [RR] Spa GT3 is running, not passworded. Please try it out if you still encounter any bugs. I will be around this evening on the server around 18:30 EU (17:30 GMT) maybe we can get a fun race together.

14. fdeutsch

fdeutsch New Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    I tried to enter the server yesterday and still got issues to connect. Only after the third time of trying I was able to enter the server.
    Hope this feedback helps somehow to resolve the multiplayer server connection issues we have faced since months ago.

15. Robert Wiesenmüller

Ratings:
    +1,133 / 0 / -0
    On the Spa server? We tried yesterday with 20 cars and no issues. Or on another RR server?

16. fdeutsch

fdeutsch New Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    Yes, the SPA server. Connecting via the multiplayer menu inside R3E. got the "No Response from Server"

17. fdeutsch

fdeutsch New Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    Trying to enter the RR SPA GTR3 server. On list seems to be stuck on end of practice. Every time I try to enter I got the "No Response from Server" message.

18. fdeutsch

fdeutsch New Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    Server reset to practice. I see players getting in. I still get the same error message.

19. Robert Wiesenmüller

Ratings:
    +1,133 / 0 / -0
    The team is on it. Seems that the fix didn't fix it.

• Like Like x 1
  20. GoalZero

GoalZero New Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    4.21.18 and I can't race on any multiplayer servers.
    I want to like the game and would spend $ on content but this is ludicrous.

• Agree Agree x 2