Non Existing Coverage From Big Channels On Youtube!??..

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by heppsan, Dec 31, 2015.

1. Christian G

Christian G Topological Agitator Beta tester

Ratings:
    +2,411 / 0 / -0
    I was in that race and spun a couple times, you overtook/passed me. :)
    Not tring to make up excuses but I was intoxicated ever so slightly, so I'm just pleased I didn't take out anybody else. ;)

2. le_poilu

le_poilu Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +278 / 0 / -0
    Ok. Yeah, I remember now :rolleyes:

BTW, I hit Gamer Muscle from the back in the Nurb race :oops:. It was at the Michelin turn, he braked much more than me, I was surprised and couldn't avoid the hit. But he manage to keep on the track and didn't lost time counter to me :p

• Funny Funny x 1
  3. shardshunt

shardshunt Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +490 / 0 / -0
    i think i hit everyone up the back atleast once. goodthing there is no frount wing damage in raceroom

4. le_poilu

Ratings:
    +278 / 0 / -0
    it's also that FR2 is a tank :eek:
    It's almost impossible to break

5. le_poilu

Ratings:
    +278 / 0 / -0
    Gamer Muscle just published the video of this race:

I'll publish mine tonight :)

Edit: after watching the moment I hit him.. things that he didn't see it was me, but he think that it's Christain.. Sorry dud :D

• Like Like x 1
  6. Christian G

Ratings:
    +2,411 / 0 / -0
    a.k.a. Murder2Pass :D

• Funny Funny x 1
  7. shardshunt

Ratings:
    +490 / 0 / -0
    poor you :( ;) :D

8. Ouvert

Ouvert Active Member

Ratings:
    +42 / 0 / -0
    well on that server damage was turned off

9. shardshunt

Ratings:
    +490 / 0 / -0
    that might help.

10. le_poilu

Ratings:
    +278 / 0 / -0
    Indeed, I didn't know until I saw the video of gamermuscle :D
    (But in general FR2 are way too solids, even with damage turn ON)

It's like the tire wear. It was set to 3x... On the second race at Hockenheim I killed my front tire not knowing tire wear will be quicker. At the end of the race I had big under-steer it was miserable :oops:

11. le_poilu

Ratings:
    +278 / 0 / -0
    You didn't even pass him on this action :D

12. Christian G

Ratings:
    +2,411 / 0 / -0
    When two people quarrel, a third rejoices.
    I was just raking in the benefits. :D

13. le_poilu

Ratings:
    +278 / 0 / -0
    it's the basis of pack racing :p

I like this strategy too, being third, watching first and second battling.. waiting for the moment the second dive bomb and kill everyone :rolleyes:

14. Alice Margatroid

Alice Margatroid Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +56 / 0 / -0
    so brutal, you sure your not a touring car driver?

15. le_poilu

Ratings:
    +278 / 0 / -0
    Hehe.
    I do confesse, I like door-to-door fights and when there scratchs on the paint of the car at the end of the race. For that R3E is really great.
    Even with the FR2 we can have really close battle, it's so enjoying!

But always with fair-play, I'll not dive-bomb in a purpose, or shoot anybody with the intend of pushing of track.

• Agree Agree x 1
  16. Skybird

Skybird Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +803 / 0 / -0
    Video-makers often are players themselves. And if we can see that only few players play Raceroom, it is not that surprising that only a few of those posting videos, post about Raceroom.

I think it is that simple. Empty Box some weeks ago made a video only about explaining why he does not make videos on Project Cars anymore. In a nutshell, he said he does not enjoy the game too much, that he does not owe to people to make the videos they "demand" from him, and if people want to see PC videos, they are free to leave his channel and look for them somewhere else. He does as he pleases, that's all. Period.

These private posters Raceroom cannot lure with incentives. What Raceroom should try is to reach the magazines in video format, and post in general simulation forums about them.

My impression is that the videos they produce, for the most are being consumed by people who already play Raceroom and own it.

Its an uphill battle for them.

17. James Cook

James Cook Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,013 / 0 / -0
    I think Empty Box was quite diplomatic in his pCARS video. Reading between the lines: the game is crap, a buggy mess and the community is toxic.

• Like Like x 1
  18. n01sname

n01sname Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +956 / 0 / -0
    People are different Hepp....I always give and gave a shit on "Fanzines" of any kind, no matter if printmedium or YT/Internet/Portals.
    I always trust that the right thing comes to me at the right time and it mostly came true, and I hate any kinda hype around "products" (best example is regarding movies : nowadays by trailers and spoilers you often know about half of it if not more - but only that which is enough to take the bait- you still don't know if you really would like it or if it meets your expectations) :)
    It often takes too much effort for me to encrypt the substantial info out of a lot of blahblah...my motto: take it or leave it ;)
    With R3E for example it was a tiny ad somewhere or sth. that raised my interest or better said intruded my subconsciousness - actually more than a year before I decided to take a closer look.
    And that was fairly enough...

Last edited: Jan 28, 2016
  19. le_poilu

Ratings:
    +278 / 0 / -0
    That's totally fair and full of sens.
    But it always come to a time when your personal interest meet the commun interest and the need for "more players to come to the game you like".
    1. If your the only one playing the game, even if you're 100% satisfied of it... developers will not continue development and you'll stick with a game "as it is" with no futur improvement. As no games are perfect, your personnel experience will not improve and frustration can come.
    2. If you want to play against other players (MP mode), well, you need other player to play against..... The more they are, the better it will be for your own experience.

This is not just about getting the hype over the game, it's also about making players come to R3E, having more active players to have a better experience for everybody.

• Agree Agree x 2
  20. heppsan

heppsan Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,268 / 0 / -0
    I agree on those darn movie trailers showing too much and spoiling good movies!.. .
    The positive about them though, is that I only need a couple of seconds of the trailer to decide if the movie is worth watching, if I see that it might be good I turn off the trailer.

But about R3E, I got notion of it on youtube and I think that youtube is a powerful tool to get people interested and try out the game.
    One other thing is that R3E never get shown in any adds on steam..