Released Nordschleife

Discussion in 'News & Announcements' started by KW Studios, May 31, 2015.

1. Christian G

Christian G Topological Agitator Beta tester

Ratings:
    +2,411 / 0 / -0
    Now I know what the iracing version will be known as: The Ugly Hell. Gran Turismo 4 had a better looking Nordschleife.

But hey, it has sparks. Nice. :rolleyes:

Last edited: Dec 5, 2015
  2. le_poilu

le_poilu Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +278 / 0 / -0
    AFAIK : yep
    And maybe 15$ more for joining both of them to get the endurance layout :rolleyes:

and peoples says that R3E is expensive

• Funny Funny x 4
  3. Dave R

Dave R Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +576 / 0 / -0
    I was considering buying Nords, and a car in iRacing just to run some laps but I'm guessing that will be $45 or so and then paying for a subscription on top of it?

4. M4IRC1IE

M4IRC1IE Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +68 / 0 / -0
    Yeah, don't know how people can play a game like iracing and paying so much. When it would look like pcars and have physics like r3e, then half of that pricing would be ok. And then on top paying monthly just to play. No way...

• Agree Agree x 4
  5. Redglyph

Redglyph Active Member

Ratings:
    +29 / 0 / -0
    I suppose what appeals to them is the multiplayer racing organization, which I've been told is much better than rF2, AC, pCARS or R3E. As long as there are enough players interested in their initial offer - mostly NASCAR and US tracks, and ready to pay so much, good for them.
    I might be interested the day they propose an European membership, if the physics and FFB are up to it. And yet, I like to be able to launch a race whenever I'm in the mood or simply have some quality time, which does not really follow a regular pattern. I doubt I'd like to always have to be online at a precise time to do that and I'm probably not the only one. I suppose there's no AI in iRacing?

• Agree Agree x 3
  6. Dave R

Dave R Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +576 / 0 / -0
    Nope no AI at all. I just found a 3 month free subscription code for iRacing so I'm going to give it a shot and see how it feels on practice mode

7. James Nance

James Nance Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +301 / 0 / -0
    I just got there year sub for half off, it ended yesterday

On my Youtube channel you can see some videos I did of recent

• Like Like x 2
  8. heppsan

heppsan Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,268 / 0 / -0
    I actually miss a spark feature!.. .

@Anthony Monteil didn't you talk about a sound being worked on / added for when the cars bottom out and the chassis touch the road a while back?

S3S, how about a new preview to see how the works on Nordschleife progresses?:)

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
    Last edited: Dec 5, 2015
  9. Tuborg

Tuborg Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +457 / 0 / -0
    I miss the Alfa!

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Winner Winner x 2
  10. Christian G

Christian G Topological Agitator Beta tester

Ratings:
    +2,411 / 0 / -0
    I'll be missing so many things before I start missing sparks...Wait, that sounds all wrong...You know what I mean. :)

11. Georg Ortner

Georg Ortner KW Studios Developer

Ratings:
    +3,509 / 0 / -0
    It has been progressing very nicely. I will try to get a preview done before christmas ;)

• Like Like x 7
    • Winner Winner x 4
    • Wonderful Wonderful x 4
  12. heppsan

heppsan Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,268 / 0 / -0
    I agree, it's a small detail and a lot off other stuff I like to see added first.
    But it's S3S exquisite eye for details when it comes to the sound and track modeling that really makes R3E stand out and beat the crap out off the competitors. :)
    Imagine if or when we have all those small details in the rest of the game as well. :tonguewink:

Awesome!

• Agree Agree x 3
  13. Rodger Davies

Rodger Davies Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +594 / 0 / -0
    Your previews in particular are worth looking forward to.....

• Agree Agree x 1
  14. M D Gourley

M D Gourley Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +92 / 0 / -0
    Having had an iRacing membership for the past 6 years all I can say is thank you Sector 3 Studios for coming along with your Raceroom Racing Experience...loving it, especially the 7.1 audio with my new Asus Strix true 7.1 surround sound headphones and Control Box...a magic combination.
    ...having said that, I will however, be purchasing the iRacing Nurburgring + Nordschleife tracks...just to tie me over until S3S release their version....then I will drive myself silly trying out all the vehicles I have (I have everything to date...lol)...and trying Nords out with all the times of day, that should keep me occupied for a couple of months...LOL

• Like Like x 2
  15. OlivierMDVY

OlivierMDVY Active Member

Ratings:
    +28 / 0 / -0
    so, no Nordschleife for Christmas?

16. Sean Kenney

Sean Kenney Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +316 / 0 / -0
    I took the wink to mean it could possibly be out by then... but who knows :)

17. AzkarateAsi

AzkarateAsi Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +72 / 0 / -0
    Will be A permanent competition for Nordschleife like the mount panorama?

It would be great

• Agree Agree x 1
  18. ozcanuck55

ozcanuck55 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +145 / 0 / -0
    I have no problem with the AC version with my old DFGT.....I would buy AC for that and Spa...AC has mostly turned into a Nordscheife simulator for me, it will take months to get that figured out.....
    The RRE version of Spa is equally good, I think, looks a bit brighter and the AI and sound is much better. I am very much looking forward to Nordscheife in RRE.

• Agree Agree x 1
  19. shardshunt

shardshunt Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +490 / 0 / -0
    am i the only one who has been "practising" on race 07's nordscheife?

its hard to believe but it really still holds up (to some extent) against the lazersanned versions.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  20. M D Gourley

M D Gourley Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +92 / 0 / -0
    No, you are not the only one firing up Nordschleife in other Sims, ...I to have been revisiting Nords in AC, pCARS, rF1, rF2, GSCE, Race07...but I would have to say I am most looking forward to R3E's version because the combination of the Track artistry and Audio makes it a winner for me personally :)

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 3