Released November 2017 Update

Discussion in 'News & Announcements' started by RaceRoom, Nov 7, 2017.

1. GooseCreature

GooseCreature Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +670 / 0 / -0
    I was chatting after the races last night, presumed it had arrived with the update, not been on the open servers for a while, until after the patch that is. The race had finished and we were all back in the pits and still swearing at each other!! :D

2. GooseCreature

GooseCreature Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +670 / 0 / -0
    You only need to tweak the default setups slightly to drive any of the new GT3's, forget your old setups, worthless, run with the default for a few laps, then adjust to your desired feel. Not one of the GT3 class are "undriveable" out of the box, in fact they are all very driveable, brakes are so much better, cars are far more stable, increased aero etc. etc.

3. Eisprinzessin

Eisprinzessin Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +315 / 0 / -0
    I feel unbeatable if i sit in her :)

4. m.bohlken

m.bohlken Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +988 / 0 / -0
    Totally agree - and IMO it feels a bit closer to the real cars. The old physics-modell was already a huge step in that direction but the cars in GT3-Class felt a bit to fast compared to the real-world Counterpart.

5. kendoslow

kendoslow Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +49 / 0 / -0
    I'm pretty sure it was mentioned by Adam that the old setups will no longer work, but worth it for the new driving experience.

6. fischhaltefolie

fischhaltefolie Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,042 / 0 / -0
    See here.;)

• Funny Funny x 1
  7. sbtm

sbtm Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +591 / 0 / -0
    your link is rubbish.

8. M41k_R

M41k_R Member

Ratings:
    +19 / 0 / -0
    You mean nonsense :rolleyes::p

9. fischhaltefolie

fischhaltefolie Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,042 / 0 / -0
    Most of my posts are nonsense.:p

• Like Like x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  10. PE4

PE4 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +69 / 0 / -0
    I've tested the new cars and about half of the old ones in the GT3 class. The differences are subtle, not as big as those "pretalks" made me believe. My driving style remained almost the same. Preventing the rear from sliding seems easier (although I was caught by surprise a couple of times), but if you reacted too slow it's harder to catch. Also if you spin you need to be more careful getting back on the right path. Overall the updates feel nice.

I get more taps from the behind by the AI (I've played on 102%), but they are lighter than before. In Eau-Rouge they seemed a bit slow. I've also seen some AI cars pitting for no apparent reason.

In multiplayer it was a blast: close racing in populated servers with nicely behaved players.

Great update!

• Like Like x 1
  11. Carstenh

Carstenh New Member

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0
    Well it was also said, that they would tune the BOP. And thats not was has happened now.
    BOP does not concern the way the suspension is set up. And at least the Ruf has got a complete different suspension after the update.

12. Carstenh

Carstenh New Member

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0
    But also I think it doesnt make sense to argue about it. The game is like it is - and i dont like it.
    So i am not going to spent money on it. Thats all. Just my personal decision. No more and no less.

13. sbtm

sbtm Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +591 / 0 / -0
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  14. CheerfullyInsane

CheerfullyInsane Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +402 / 0 / -0
    Couldn't agree more.
    The R3E AI has always been pretty decent, but has been marred by lack of awareness in some situations and horrendous collision physics.
    But right now, it is absurdly good. Possibly in a league of its own.
    rF2 might give it a run for its money, but I doubt it. And there's no way rF2 can deliver the immersion that R3E does.

The Newtons Cradle physics are gone, so you no longer bounce off the AI at the slightest touch.
    Awareness is much improved, so contact is a lot rarer, and the contact that does happen from time to time is much softer.
    And it'll still race you hard. :)
    I know the focus of this patch is the GT3s and the new physics that everybody keeps raving about.
    And I'm sure they're great. But I've barely touched the GT3s, I'm having too much fun just doing races.
    So to me at least, the improved AI far and away overshadows any newly released vehicles.

I even ventured into the silly side of things and wondered what would happen if you plonked 80 GT3s down at Spa..... :D
    Probably should've used rolling start for that particular one.....
    It's not that the AI can't handle it, it's just that there are cars on every inch of tarmac, so there's absolutely no room to manouver.
    But once the grid got spaced out a bit, no problem. Frames were fine, AI was fine, my driving was......what it usually is. :oops:

So for those who haven't tried racing the new AI yet, you owe it to yourselves to try.
    The single-player game just got massively improved. :)

• Like Like x 4
    • Agree Agree x 2
  15. kendoslow

kendoslow Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +49 / 0 / -0
    Oh please tell me you have video of that:D

16. sbtm

sbtm Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +591 / 0 / -0
    I think I never ever had so intense races and fights with an AI in any racing game before.

Raced at Bathurst and Zolder... absolutely great fights over several laps. Close racing and bumper to bumper almost all the time. Don't know how this could get any better now...

• Like Like x 3
  17. CheerfullyInsane

Ratings:
    +402 / 0 / -0
    Well, I still have the replay file......
    Not entirely sure my PC can handle 80 cars in replay-mode, but I'll give it a whirl. :)

• Love it! Love it! x 1
  18. sbtm

sbtm Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +591 / 0 / -0
    i managed 100 cars on N24 in a replay (before the 64 bit update). I had to try to load the replay several times but at one point the system gave up and started the replay ^^

19. CheerfullyInsane

Ratings:
    +402 / 0 / -0
    Ask and ye shall receive.
    (Depending on what you ask for, obviously.....)

And again, I'd like to stress that this isn't a serious test of anything.
    I just wanted to see if I could do it. :)

• Like Like x 5
    • Funny Funny x 5
    • Love it! Love it! x 2
  20. sbtm

sbtm Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +591 / 0 / -0
    the voice of a narrator.. wow

• Winner Winner x 1