Released November 2017 Update

Discussion in 'News & Announcements' started by RaceRoom, Nov 7, 2017.

1. kendoslow

kendoslow Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +49 / 0 / -0
    Looks great and good fun, as Dave says above good AI behaviour as well.

2. CheerfullyInsane

CheerfullyInsane Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +402 / 0 / -0
    Oh yes. :)
    Awareness is far better, plus the collision physics have been much improved.

3. Sharp

Sharp Member

Ratings:
    +10 / 0 / -0
    64bit + triple screen, joining a practice with AI, leave the game. Restart the same practice, it crashes once its done loading.

4. Maddog

Maddog Active Member

Ratings:
    +30 / 0 / -0
    Dear Sector 3...
    In recent past i spend many "bad words " to this company and in general to raceroom specially to AI.
    Now i'm here to say at this Company: Thank you, thank you so much for this awesome update, new Gt3 cars are FANTASTIC, AI now it's FANTASTIC, new gt3 cars physics, sound it's incredibile ( Iracing learn to improve your ffb from this guys ).
    Thank you Sector3, forgive me for my bad words.
    Ps. Please, please please, Give us Glen and Daytona road

• Like Like x 8
    • Love it! Love it! x 1
  5. J-F Chardon

J-F Chardon KW Studios Developer

Ratings:
    +5,041 / 0 / -0
    I'm sure Santa Claus forgives you!

• Like Like x 4
    • Funny Funny x 3
  6. Eisprinzessin

Eisprinzessin Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +315 / 0 / -0
    Santa is not in the condition to forgive anything.

[​IMG]

• Funny Funny x 6
  7. Onaflyer

Onaflyer Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +52 / 0 / -0
    "Thank you, thank you so much for this awesome update, new Gt3 cars are FANTASTIC, AI now it's FANTASTIC, new gt3 cars physics, sound it's incredibile"

Yes THANK YOU SECTOR 3 this is by far the best Racing Sim out there....full package, cars, tracks, physics, ffb, SOUND!, ai, immersion, FUN!

Hopelessly addicted right now.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  8. Maddog

Maddog Active Member

Ratings:
    +30 / 0 / -0
    :) Many thx

9. J-F Chardon

J-F Chardon KW Studios Developer

Ratings:
    +5,041 / 0 / -0
    • Like Like x 16
    • Wonderful Wonderful x 4
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Love it! Love it! x 1
  10. w.velgersdijk

w.velgersdijk Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +51 / 0 / -0
    • Agree Agree x 10
  11. Dale Junior

Dale Junior Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +983 / 0 / -0
    not:
    better:
    :p:D

• Like Like x 1
    Last edited: Dec 5, 2017
  12. Maddog

Maddog Active Member

Ratings:
    +30 / 0 / -0
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Winner Winner x 2
  13. The_Grunt

The_Grunt Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +168 / 0 / -0
    After fiddling with the game last weekend and this evening, I must say that the current AI is really terrific. Sure, it needs some tuning here and there, but overall the algorithm is clearly the most competent of any current racing sim. Only problem I have noticed is that it may still pile up occasionally. It isn't even a recurring problem on some tracks, but there are certain turns where it can happen often enough that it isn't just a random mishap. It may also brake little bit early on some corners, I've bumped more than once behind the AI car, because it decided to brake earlier than I expected. Both are certainly not major problems, but more like there is some room for improvement still ;)

All in all AI now races both human driver and other AI vehicles fair and clean door to door racing is again possible. It reminds me somewhat the AI around 2014 or so. If my memory serves me correct, back in those days it also raced you clean, minus easily bumping you behind if you braked even a tad too early, but races were overall really boring parades as AI simply didn't race each other after the first turn or so. Literally zero. Also big plus that the slightest collisions don't anymore seem to cause player to spin around immediately while AI continues unharmed. Damn that was annoying...

Other improvements are also huge, like x64 support, which practically removes the memory barrier for x64 systems, proper reflections and so on. New GT3 cars and updated physics are also really good.

Job well done :)

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    Last edited: Dec 6, 2017
  14. Arrowheadrocker

Arrowheadrocker New Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    Well, I had some troubles in the past with Raceroom and had Email contact with Kitsune about the AI and how they often did not behave that well...to the point I was not racing Raceroom that much anymore. That was before I got the Rift and used a 27 inch monitor until then. My driving got better with the CV1 and it was easier to mingle with the AI. So that helped a bit. Bought the whole package and now the new cars.

With a bonus of an improved AI, the surround sounds (!), the visuals and the content I must say this is now unbeatable. Clean but competitive races are possible and with VR and Simvibe shaking my seat and pedals...wow...so immersive. Great job and hope you can fix the 360 degrees for DTM also, my fav class next to GT3. Cheers from holland :smile:

• Love it! Love it! x 1
    • Wonderful Wonderful x 1
  15. Skybird

Skybird Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +803 / 0 / -0
    I am wondering how the AI in GT3 gets hampered with car grids beyond 30, there was this limit that sees the AI calculations getting capped, yes? I mean, what are the deficits from S3's technical point of view? What should the player expect to see in degradation?

16. Skybird

Ratings:
    +803 / 0 / -0
    I too confirm that VR chnages the way I drive and race. Tighter duels are possible at closer ranges and with greater clearness of any contacts. Its a game changer.

Also, withut VR you simply do never become aware of how elevations chnages and how steep some climbs and drops of the track are. You just cannot see it on monitors. You drive on new tracks with VR.

• Agree Agree x 2
  17. fast_bear

fast_bear Member

Ratings:
    +6 / 0 / -0
    Hello ,
    First of all, great job S3! This update is really a great improvement for the game.
    I got a question regarding the selection of 64 bit or 32 bit mod.
    Is it possible to set as default 32 bit mod ? That way i'm no longer oblige to pass trough steam to launch the Game

18. Skybird

Ratings:
    +803 / 0 / -0
    When you install the update, you are still on 32 Bit by default if oyu launch it via your old link on desktop. 64 Bit you get when manually launching the exe in Steam\steamapps\common\raceroom racing experience\Game\x64

19. gio_vtec

gio_vtec Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +117 / 0 / -0
    Well, last night I finally have the chance to test the AI again with a proper input device, a WHEEL (Although, I had lots of fun with gamepad as well).

Race Description
    Paul Ricard (1A) - GT3 - Full grid (44 cars) - AI 115% - Race 1hr with a mandatory 60sec Pit Stop.

Small Race Recap
    Starting from the back, I went with the Audi LMS default set up 95 lts, and believe me, this is the right level to do an AI Overtake Challenge, which enormously I failed by finishing in 23rd with a gap of 50 secs from 1st place, due to the lack of speed in the straights of the Audi and some AI crashes, plus, some driver mistakes:rolleyes:.

Ohh boy, one hour of fun, stress and sweat!

But as expected from Raceroom, great tweaks in the AI, I never have this much fun in a single player racing game, I'll try to do a highlights video.

Funny bit!
    When your brain locks up instead of your brakes :D

Attached Files:

• Funny Funny x 1
  20. FeltHλt

FeltHλt Moderator Beta tester

Ratings:
    +479 / 0 / -0
    with some kind of "buy in" (lets say u have to purchase some pack to get the game) reviews would be much higher :p seriously, lastly ive seen negative review where writer complained about lack of drift button :rolleyes: reviews from keyboard players are fun too