International One Off Event - [CFEG] 90m Of Monza Grand Prix - LMP2 + GTR3 (28.05.17)

Discussion in 'Leagues & Communities' started by OverTheLine, Nov 29, 2016.

1. Rirdeg

Rirdeg Member

Ratings:
    +20 / 0 / -0
    • Like Like x 3
  2. OverTheLine

OverTheLine Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +210 / 0 / -0
    some really good racing this evening guys :) really had a good time, will start work on the highlights fairly soon...next race will be at paul Riccard, and i will post full details in the next few days for you all to start getting excited again :) cya next time

• Like Like x 2
  3. D.Boon

D.Boon Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +386 / 0 / -0
    Tough race to talk about really, from a personal perspective, I made too many unforced errors, span 3 times without any help at various points in the race which cost me a definite podium at least, but, on the other hand there was some really top quality racing, particularly the last 15 minutes or so with @OverTheLine , that was intense.

Looking forward to the highlights.

Congrats to @Rella for the GT3 class win, great consistency and a hell of a qualifying lap. Well deserved mate!

Roll on Paul Ricard, gloves come off for this one!

• Like Like x 1
  4. Rella

Rella Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +108 / 0 / -0
    Thanks for the organization and good race. Expected the opposite of my result as I came home late and wasn't happy with my setup. Just in time I managed a quite decent quali time in the last minute. Very close race in the first stint, no bigger mistakes, just a lot of fun. @D.Boon Thanks! Very sad that you lost the car in the 2nd lap. I expected a hard long battle, gaps were very consistent.
    Omg Paul Ricard :D...actually what I like in this series is to drive tracks that already have a certain kind of dust layer in my inventory...bought and almost never driven

Last edited: Mar 27, 2017
  5. Krystian Sulkiewicz

Krystian Sulkiewicz Member

Ratings:
    +16 / 0 / -0
    On which version of the Paul Ricard we will be chasing? :)

6. D.Boon

D.Boon Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +386 / 0 / -0
    Yeah, very disappointing from my perspective, was expecting another close race between us so I guess we missed out on that, great to know I have another close rival though and I'm definitely looking forward to future battles.

Paul Ricard is probably the most underrated circuit on the Raceroom roster, I usually race the Solution 3C circuit and can't recall having a bad or boring race there, I fully expect this to be no different.
    We'll be using the "Solution 1C-V2" layout for the next round of the 90 minute races iirc. With so little difference between so many drivers pace, consistency is going to be key, practice is going to be more important than ever.
    With that in mind, the 1st practice session I'll be hosting will be on Wednesday the 29th of March, usual times 8pm BST until 10pm.

1 month to get ready guys. Sign up is already open.

I'm in.
    Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/Dave_Boon
    Raceroom ID: http://game.raceroom.com/users/GT_Dave/
    Class: GT3
    Car: McLaren, probably

7. NL-Jos

NL-Jos Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +182 / 0 / -0
    I had a boring race but I'm happy with the fact of finisch the Race.
    To bad that we had only 4 drivers in the lmp2 for such a great event.
    Maybe next race more
    Up to France

Thanks to the organisation

8. OverTheLine

Ratings:
    +210 / 0 / -0
    ------------------------------------------------------------------ NEW EVENT SEPERATION BAR -----------------------------------------------------

new event from this point onwards as usual signified by this sexy AF line above this text...I know right...

90 Minutes of paul Ricard is now open for sign up.. @D.Boon doesnt count cos he aint under this line....serve him right for being so eager :p

i shall be doing the promo video first, and ive just got a few finishing touches to do for the how to video (Track guide) for P.Ricard so expect those soon, and then ill get to work on the suzuka highlights before you all start rioting and are at the door with pitchforks and torches :)

Ive also added a handy time coverter/local time link, to help those know when to join the server etc :)

Cya at paul ricard

also...mclaren for me

• Like Like x 1
  9. rad

rad Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +458 / 0 / -0
    Radek Pawlaczek - GTR3 - #07 Bentley Continental GT3 :)

But i'd much prefer 1A layout, because of that long straight and it's closer to layout that is used in Blancpain GT Series and European Le Mans Series, which, sadly we don't have in RaceRoom (@J-F Chardon ? :))

As for Suzuka.
    I managed to do surprisingly good lap in Qualifing which allowed me to to start from P5 in GT3. Unfortunately, after decent take off, i made couple of mistakes in opening laps and lost some places. From now on, my race was a bit boring, as i had pretty big gap to guys in front and even bigger advantage over guys behind.

Last edited: Mar 27, 2017
  10. Krystian Sulkiewicz

Krystian Sulkiewicz Member

Ratings:
    +16 / 0 / -0
    Thank you for such a detailed answer D. Boon :)

• Creative Creative x 1
  11. D.Boon

D.Boon Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +386 / 0 / -0
    • Funny Funny x 2
  12. chunky40monkey

chunky40monkey Member

Ratings:
    +8 / 0 / -0
    Great race happy with second as Suzuka isn't one of my best tracks! please sign me up for the next one with the Ford GT3 number 62 :)

13. Rella

Rella Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +108 / 0 / -0
  14. D.Boon

D.Boon Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +386 / 0 / -0
    Don't forget gents, first practice session for Paul Ricard is tonight, 8pm (BST) until 10pm.
    As with last month, the session will be password protected, you'll be able to find the password 10 minutes before the server goes live on the steam group or in the mumble chat.

15. OverTheLine

Ratings:
    +210 / 0 / -0
    how to video released for pual ricard

16. D.Boon

D.Boon Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +386 / 0 / -0
    Practice tonight from 8pm (BST) again, Password will be on the steam group 10 minutes before the server goes live, you must be a member to access.

http://steamcommunity.com/groups/chequeredflagendurance

Don't forget, we're also on Mumble.
    https://forum.sector3studios.com/st...agendurance/discussions/4/541907867791427437/
    Worth joining for the banter alone!

New format for practice tonight:
    60 minutes practice:- I've recently discovered this best simulates race levels of grip.
    15 minutes qualifying.
    45 minutes race:- A chance to simulate full fuel running with a pit-stop.

There was a good turn out for last the first practice session, even if several people did leave before and during the race.
    Don't be disheartened if you find yourself off the pace, this is still very early stage practice and many of us are willing to help with setup or driving lines.

Hope to see plenty there and some more new faces.

Dave.

17. Rella

Rella Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +108 / 0 / -0
    Alarm clock rings at 5am BST during the week ;) Couldn't find a rhythm yet on this track but still enough time...also to learn the track limits and breaking points.

18. D.Boon

D.Boon Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +386 / 0 / -0
    Server is live, password on the steam group.

19. D.Boon

D.Boon Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +386 / 0 / -0
    Practice tonight from 8pm (BST), same format as Friday:
    60 minutes practice.
    15 minutes qualifying.
    45 minutes race.

As ever, the server password will be available on the CFEG Steam group: HERE at 7:50pm (BST) - You must be a member of the steam group to access the thread.

We'll also be using the CFEG Mumble VOIP channel, details of which can be found: HERE

Hope to see plenty joining tonight.

Dave.

20. D.Boon

D.Boon Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +386 / 0 / -0
    Server is closed.

Last edited: Apr 3, 2017