International One Off Event - [CFEG] 90m Of Monza Grand Prix - LMP2 + GTR3 (28.05.17)

Discussion in 'Leagues & Communities' started by OverTheLine, Nov 29, 2016.

1. D.Boon

D.Boon Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +386 / 0 / -0
    Practice server is up and open until 10pm (UK time).

Edit:
    Server closed.

• Like Like x 1
    Last edited: Feb 20, 2017
  2. rad

rad Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +458 / 0 / -0
    Is Chevrolet special, or other cars in LMP2 also can't do 30 minutes stint? Fuel in Chevy is enough for 28min, so it will need little splash at some point of race.

3. Rella

Rella Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +108 / 0 / -0
    Can only speak about the Radical that I used in the Spa endurance race and had to stop 3 times. One guy tried the 2 stop strategy and ran out of fuel before end of the race. I think all other LMP2s also had to fuel at least 3 times.

4. Jona777

Jona777 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +409 / 0 / -0
    Yea in Spa 2 stopper wasnt possible.. With none of the lmp2.
    Probably Silverstone will be the same case..

5. D.Boon

D.Boon Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +386 / 0 / -0
    Unless you break your car, should be 2 stops all round for the GTR3 cars.

6. Not Lifting Off

Not Lifting Off Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +368 / 0 / -0
    Unless im remembering it wrong, the Nissan could only hold 13 laps of fuel which equates to roughly 27 mins running and would lead to a third stop for a splash n dash, i`ll have a look tonight.

7. OverTheLine

OverTheLine Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +210 / 0 / -0
    the setup states 12 laps of fuel..but in reality you can get 17 laps out of a tank..its an issue i believe they are working on to fix

8. D.Boon

D.Boon Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +386 / 0 / -0
    The work around for now is to work out how many liters/gallons you use in a single lap and calculate from there.

9. OverTheLine

Ratings:
    +210 / 0 / -0
    only 5 days left to sign up!

With already 26 drivers signed up now is a great time to fill the remaining slots of the grid. Clean racing is expected, and those who fail to comply can be subject to being banned from future races if complaints are received, Remember these events are 90m long, anything can happen in that time. Race smart, Race Fair, Race clean, and have fun :)

PLEASE BE A MEMBER OF THE STEAM GROUP ON THE DAY OF THE EVENT IN ORDER TO JOIN.

Any questions then message me on steam or here on the forums.

If you have any issues or concerns, please contact me on steam or here on the forum

2017-02-22 1226 0001.jpg

• Like Like x 1
    Last edited: Feb 22, 2017
  10. zorb1cal

zorb1cal New Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    Do we need voice chat for this event

11. OverTheLine

Ratings:
    +210 / 0 / -0
    It is not compulsory, however if you wish to speak with drivers then you are free to join. Details can be found on the steam page, as long as your clean, we are happy :)

12. D.Boon

D.Boon Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +386 / 0 / -0
    Sorry gents, not around to host a practice session tonight. Should be back as normal on Friday.

13. RedBreast

RedBreast Member

Ratings:
    +20 / 0 / -0
    You could have had the server running in the background......!

Thanks to Dragos for hosting last night.

The Judd department at Radical gave me a call last night and asked me to give it a test. Obviously I couldn't say no! So for the last half hour of testing, I jumped in.

I have to say, the downforce on these cars is amazing. You have to re-learn the track pretty much. Awesome.

Still, first 5 laps in, on a full fuel run, managed to bang in a 1:52.8. Very pleased with that. Not sure I could keep that pace every lap, but I did only have 30 minutes. (Yeah, yeah, drivers excuses.)

So I have another test on Friday, and if I can improve on the lap times & consistency, I may have to ditch RUF.

I'll keep you all posted! (Like anyone cares!!)

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  14. OverTheLine

Ratings:
    +210 / 0 / -0
    Only 2 dyas left to sign up for this sundays event - so dont forget to put your name down if you are interested in joining :)

Any questions let me know

15. D.Boon

D.Boon Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +386 / 0 / -0
    Practice server will be open from 8pm tonight until 10pm.

16. RedBreast

RedBreast Member

Ratings:
    +20 / 0 / -0
    Thanks for hosting, Dave.

So I am going to ditch the RUF and go with the RADICAL SR9 JUDD. #20 please. Final answer.

17. mikemark

mikemark New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I would also like to join the race Mike.mark #33 Ruf GT3 thank you.

Last edited: Feb 25, 2017
  18. OverTheLine

Ratings:
    +210 / 0 / -0
    **Sign up closing today** - today is your last chance to sign up for the race, so if you plan on participating then now is the time to do so.

Please be a member of the group at the time of the event tomorrow or you wont be able to get the password... The server is currently live and is provided by R3e Studios for us to use for this event, ensuring stability and a dam good time without having to worry about connection issues.

Again please be aware that clean racing is expected, of course accidents may occur however unfair or unachievable manouvers will be investigated. LMP2's...you have a responsibility to ensure your overtakes remain clean, and respect GT3 drivers as they will be racing as well as you are... and GT3's ..you have a responsibility to ensure you dont make sudden or rash movements, be predictable, so that the lmp2s can easily anticipate your movements...

If the above happens then i dont see why there should be many accidents when both classes meet,

Race Fairly, Race clean and show respect to one another. and fun shall be the end result :)

Have fun tomorrow

OTL

19. OverTheLine

Ratings:
    +210 / 0 / -0
    2017-02-25 1206 0003.jpg

for those not taking part in our events - why not watch us live on our Twitch page here : https://www.twitch.tv/chequered_flag_endurance

get another view of the race by using links to other CFEG Member accounts, and change between TV and cockpit view at the click of a button. (Great if you have more than one screen)

Dont forget to follow the page for future endurance events! )

Last edited: Feb 25, 2017
  20. rad

rad Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +458 / 0 / -0
    One thing to GT3 drivers, as i noticed they were really scared of incoming P2 cars - don't be :p Just drive your line and don't do anything unexpected. You don't have to take wider line in corners or slow down on straights. It's faster car's job to overtake you.

At least this the way I was taught to behave on multiclass races.

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Useful Useful x 1