International One Off Event - [CFEG] 90m Of Monza Grand Prix - LMP2 + GTR3 (28.05.17)

Discussion in 'Leagues & Communities' started by OverTheLine, Nov 29, 2016.

1. OverTheLine

OverTheLine Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +210 / 0 / -0
    looks like dave is on it :p cheers...

2. D.Boon

D.Boon Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +386 / 0 / -0
    Appears fixed, server is up already. :p

Will be up all day.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Henri Puustinen

Henri Puustinen Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +100 / 0 / -0
    Thanks mate!

I'll be doing some laps later today or tonight if the server is still up by then.

4. D.Boon

D.Boon Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +386 / 0 / -0
    It'll be up tonight, got to take it down for now though, tester stuff to do, sorry guys.

5. D.Boon

D.Boon Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +386 / 0 / -0
    Server is up and open for anyone wanting to practice.

6. OverTheLine

Ratings:
    +210 / 0 / -0
    here is the "how to" video for silverstone, ive done commentary for this one which should give our newer less experienced joiners a in depth account of when to turn in and brake..hope it helps :)

• Like Like x 3
    • Winner Winner x 1
  7. D.Boon

D.Boon Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +386 / 0 / -0
    tl:dw :p

Seriously though, good video, detailed explanations. Going to help find a lot of time for a lot of people. :D

8. Squidboy

Squidboy Member

Ratings:
    +23 / 0 / -0
    Awesome work on the vid. I have had some PC woes recently but i think a new motherboard has fixed it as the bluetac I had holding the graphics card did not seem to work. I thought bluetac fixed everything. Anyway I will be practicing when i can in the hope i can take part in the Silverstone race (GTR3 - prob RUF#74).

These vids are exactly what i need (and i am sure a few others) If there any practice sessions i may have some questions on setup too if thats ok. I know nothing on setups yet....one step at a time and all that..once again, big thanks

• Like Like x 1
  9. OverTheLine

Ratings:
    +210 / 0 / -0
    good to hear you fixed the bad omens that lived in your pc. and setup...of course, I believe dave is hosting some sessions few and far between prior to the 26th....if you have any questions then just ask :)

10. D.Boon

D.Boon Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +386 / 0 / -0
    I am, server will be up from 8pm or sooner until at least 10pm, anyone wanting to take part in this event is welcome, we'll also be using the Chequered Flag Endurance Mumble chat if that's OK with @OverTheLine for anyone who would like some help or general chat.

• Like Like x 1
  11. D.Boon

D.Boon Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +386 / 0 / -0
    Server should be up (fingers crossed).

22:20
    Server is now closed, thanks to everyone who join, hopefully back for more practice on Wednesday.

• Like Like x 1
    Last edited: Feb 6, 2017
  12. Henri Puustinen

Ratings:
    +100 / 0 / -0
    Nice turn up tonight. If anyone has setup questions feel free to ask since I have some time to drive during the days and can help out.

Here's a good setup for the P2 Chevy Daytona Prototype which I posted a 1.51.7 with in qualifying:

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 2
  13. Rella

Rella Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +108 / 0 / -0
    plenty ;) Wasn't that close like yesterday by far. Tried many setups but till the end I couldn't find one where I felt comfortable for a longer distance. Will give your setup a try. Thanks for sharing!

14. rad

rad Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +458 / 0 / -0
    Finally something in normal time-zone and in English :D

I'm not sure which class i would prefer, so count me in, but i need to do some test-drives

15. OverTheLine

Ratings:
    +210 / 0 / -0
    glad to have you onboard :) just give us a shout/comment when you decide what class your going to be in and then ill add you to our list :)

16. rad

rad Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +458 / 0 / -0
    GT3s are super boring on this track. So I'll go with P2
    #10 Chevrolet Corvette DP

• Like Like x 1
  17. Henri Puustinen

Ratings:
    +100 / 0 / -0
    So, after some testing tonight I can see that the Chevy isn't fast over one lap and probably won't win the qualifying. However, it is still good over a full stint and in that case not much slower than e.g the Mistral M531. Also, it's very stable and probably nicer to drive over 90 min and very fast in a straight line so the racing will be close.

The Mistral needs to be pushed very hard over the whole lap so mistakes are easier to make.

Some pointers for setting up your car for endurance races:

- Test the car with a full fuel load. If the car feels good when heavy, it will be good in Q (usually around 1-1.5 sec/lap faster) . Also the main thing is to have a strong car over a whole stint. One lap racing will not get you laid.
    - With fresh tires, you should aim for a bit of oversteer since you will usually kill the front tires first and will be having a more understeering car towards the end of your stint. Also, a car plowing in the corners will be slower.
    - If too much oversteer (mainly with LMP mid engine cars) = generally a too "strong/grippy" front end. Try to stiffen the car in the front and/or loosen the rear. On F1 cars this is mainly caused by having too much front wing.
    - On Silverstone you can choose to have a straight line killing machine and try to manage the slower parts. Lower the rear wing until the car isn't understeering in the fast corners (mainly Copse).
    - Monitor tyre wear over one stint. Too much front wear = too much understeer and vice versa.

I have attached a setup guide which is all you need to get started (credit goes out to the author). It was made for GTR2 but it's useful for general setup in other games.

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 1
    Last edited: Feb 11, 2017
  18. D.Boon

D.Boon Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +386 / 0 / -0
    Sorry gents, I won't be about tonight to host a practice server, should see most of you on Sunday though and a practice server will be back on Monday evening.

• Like Like x 1
  19. Henri Puustinen

Ratings:
    +100 / 0 / -0
    Forget my last setup for the Mistral M531 since it was the wrong one. Sorry about that.

Here is the correct version. Very stable in my opinion and should be alright for the whole stint. You can work a bit with the diff power and coast to your liking as well as the rear wing:

[​IMG]

20. OverTheLine

Ratings:
    +210 / 0 / -0
    nice that your sharing your setups :) hopefully get some good racing for this event.

Dont forget to sign up guys, just 2 weeks until the event is hosted :) claim your spot as it will NOT be a public server, i will release a trailer soon, hopefully generating some hype for you to get buzzing