OpenVR support

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by RaceRoom, Jan 25, 2017.

1. FinnDogMillionare

FinnDogMillionare New Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    Yes I am so thanks for that, much appreciated.

Will try tonight

2. OlivierMDVY

OlivierMDVY Active Member

Ratings:
    +28 / 0 / -0
    Does someone find VR settings in order to have 90fps with 20 AI for instance? I'm always stuck @ 45fps

3. OlivierMDVY

Ratings:
    +28 / 0 / -0
    How can we adjust the supersampling value? now the -vr x.xx command line is useless because of the new dialog box when we start the game (with VR option)

4. ndwthx1138

ndwthx1138 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +101 / 0 / -0
    You can still start it with the -vr x.x option (I do).

Or if you want to run it the other way you can adjust the SS in steam vr.

NathanW

5. m.bohlken

m.bohlken Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +988 / 0 / -0
    But to use the -vr x.x. option AFAIK you need to select the option without VR in the Dialog in Steam when starting Raceroom.

6. OlivierMDVY

Ratings:
    +28 / 0 / -0
    Ok I set -vr 2.0, with no AA.
    Shadow Low
    LOD car Low
    Reflection Low

90fps most of the time with AI.

Which other gfx settings has to be set on Low?
    Thanks.

7. FinnDogMillionare

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    After a few hours messing with the settings I have finally managed to get the game to launch and finally managed to adjust the view only for the games to run at snails pace, almost like 5 FPS and the sound is alll distorted even when I disconnect the Oculus and use a monitor,

Do you need a strong internet connection for this game to run properly as due to an ever expanding family my rig is now located in the garage and the connect isn’t that strong!?

I run an I5 and GTX1080

Many thanks

8. ndwthx1138

Ratings:
    +101 / 0 / -0
    I run a titan which is only a tad faster than your GPU. I do NOT run 2.0 SS but I do run AAX4. I run at SS at 1.8 and every time I think I can bump it up I end up dipping below 90fps in some situation. There are two tracks I simply don't run because I find 90FPS impossible.

Reducing the track detail one level can help on a couple of those demanding tracks (turn 1 at spa for example). Reducing the shader to medium on the cars can help too. But I am gonna guess your running against 15+ AI cars? If that's the case the issue isn't the GPU, more than likely it's the i5. So I noticed when I over clocked my cpu my single player experience got much better. I still don't run more than 17 AI, ever.. and I have a 6950i7X which I OC to ~4.2GHZ and my ram is pretty quick (64gigs of 3400).

9. OlivierMDVY

Ratings:
    +28 / 0 / -0
    Yes for the 24 Hours Nordschleife, no way to run 90fps.
    That's a shame! i7 8700K@4.9ghz and OCed 1080Ti

Please Sector3, convert your gfx engine to DX11.

10. FinnDogMillionare

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    Thanks for the reply, I think something is a miss somewhere as I’m running on low settings and one car in practice mode. I also tried it with just a monitor and it’s the same. I just can’t pin down what it can be

11. m.bohlken

m.bohlken Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +988 / 0 / -0
    Are you sure that the game is running on the 1080-Card and not on an internal card or something like that?

What have you done while messing around with settings? Normally there is not much todo...

• Agree Agree x 1
  12. FinnDogMillionare

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    I’ve tried everything I can think of, turn back ground processes off, disable afterburner, change resolution, turn v sync on, changed all graphic settings, run on just monitor, checked graphic card etc

Have no issues running other racing games.

Thanks

13. ndwthx1138

Ratings:
    +101 / 0 / -0
    So just to be clear - even in non vr you are running very sluggish and with no one else on the track?

14. FinnDogMillionare

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    Yes that is correct. Very slow frame rate, un smooth graphics and distorted sound

15. ndwthx1138

Ratings:
    +101 / 0 / -0
    Try this silliness - create a practice session and add 10 AI cars - once it’s loaded and your in your car ready to drive off (in pit lane) - literally power off your wheel - now I realize you can’t play but did the frame rate jump way up? You should be able to see the AI cars drive by for reference.

16. FinnDogMillionare

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    Spot on. I would never of figured this out, thanks. I did this and everything seemed okay once I turned the wheel off. How do I get round it though?

• Like Like x 1
  17. ndwthx1138

Ratings:
    +101 / 0 / -0
    Great, this is a easy fix -

Delete the controller profile - make a new one - reassign all your functions and you will be good to go!

NathanW

• Like Like x 1
  18. FinnDogMillionare

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    Thanks mate. Created a new controller profile and it worked, this game has some strange quirks!. Lots to still sort out but at least I have somewhere to start from now.

19. FinnDogMillionare

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    Looks like I spoke too soon. Had it working so increases the graphic settings from low to medium and then exited game. Started a new game and then it went back to running sluggish and un playable. So deleted controller profile again and started a new controller profile, changed some of the buttons and everything worked again. Paused game to change force feed back setting and went back to game only for it to run at a snails pace again and be or jumpy. As soon as un power controller it’s fine :-(

20. The Foo

The Foo New Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    Having a weird moment with RR. I can’t seem to escape being in the bonnet of the car?? When I reset the seat it just seats me on the bonnet? I have to physically move myself out of the seat, but if I press reset seating position again it throws me back to the bonnet again?? Also when I look around the sky moves but not the land??? Weird!! Not sure what to do? I have assigned buttons to move manually but they don’t move me? Also the textures inside the car are all gone.
    Was working all fine last week. Only thing I can think of that’s changed are Nvidia Drivers?
    Any ideas?

Last edited: Sep 5, 2018