OpenVR support

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by RaceRoom, Jan 25, 2017.

1. m.bohlken

m.bohlken Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +988 / 0 / -0
    seems that you have selected the cam as bonnet-cam. I'm not sure which keyboard-buttons are the default-buttons for the cam. I guess it was somewhere around page up, page down, pos1, end etc.

• Like Like x 1
  2. m.bohlken

Ratings:
    +988 / 0 / -0
    is there alot in your Profile in the Folder "...\documents\mygames\simbin\raceroomracing... "already? Maybe you can make a backup of it and delete the original folder. Than start up again... But remember you need to make every setting again...

3. The Foo

The Foo New Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    That could be a posibility, never thought of that? If it is i'm not sure how i came to get that in the first place? Will try that later this eve and report back. Would this also explain the low res interior graphics?

4. m.bohlken

Ratings:
    +988 / 0 / -0
    yeah - most likely that is the reason for the interior graphics...

• Like Like x 1
  5. The Foo

The Foo New Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    Yep, that worked. All sorted!
    As a side note, I want to find out FPS while driving. I’ve turned on the counter in Steam VR but it doesn’t show in VR? Only on the monitor? Any other way to show FPS while driving so i can see if I’m reaching 90fps (or 45)

6. FormelLMS

FormelLMS Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +229 / 0 / -0
    Best is to install Oculus Tray Tool. There you can make some settings to tweak your system VR wise.
    And you can run a Power HUD to check if AWS is enabled or disabled and how much headroom your system has.

• Like Like x 1
  7. The Foo

The Foo New Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    Thanks for the info!
    I downloaded and installed. Does the panel always float directly in front of you? Is there anyway it can be less in your face when driving or am I missing something??

8. FormelLMS

FormelLMS Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +229 / 0 / -0
    No, it's static.
    Right to try some things out and to have a look where you are systemwise. Then switch it off when you are ready with testing.
    The truth is: it isn't neccessary to have a look to the FPS all the time. You want to drive a race car^^

Some hints:
    With CTRL+NumPad 1,2,3,4 you can toogle the ASW status. Try a bit with it.

On my system I've switched ASW to on the whole time. I don't haveany problems with driving at 45 FPS + the oculus ASW Miracles. It's working well for me at all and I gain some visual quality.

What I want to say: It's locked at 45 FPS, you can see a "performance headroom" Never let it go over 100% in your testings. This will cause stutter. If you are far away from 100 you can give the graphics more juice.

but bear in mind, that reflections and shadows have the biggest impact at R3E. I've set this to low.
    Tried with Nordschleife combined and 35 AI at the startingsession in the middle of the field.

• Like Like x 1
  9. The Foo

The Foo New Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    Cool i understand. I will try the ASW 45fps thing. I've read a lot about it on here and seems to be a hot subject. I will try both 90 and 45 and see what the effect is like.

10. The Foo

The Foo New Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    I know RR is CPU bound and was wondering if anybody can answer my question.
    I was lucky enough to win a Aniversary i7 8086 in the sweepstakes. Is it worth keeping and replacing over my current i7 7700k?
    Will i notice a significant improvement or should i cash it in for £300?

11. m.bohlken

Ratings:
    +988 / 0 / -0
    That couldn't be answered with a single yes or no.
    If we take R3E as example - no, you won't notice a significant improvement. R3E is at the moment very dependend on the performance of a single core. One core of the I7 8086 isn't that much faster compared to the I7 7700K. In other games with a more modern engine, you will notice an improvement... But not that significant.
    But the tendency of future game releases will clearly give you more advantage with the I7 8086 - but I can't tell how much that will be...

• Like Like x 1
  12. The Foo

The Foo New Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    Well after some testing in single player with 12 Ai on Spa and graphics recommended here I was thrilled! Never really done racing before and what a ride. Now I want to do multiplayer! I tried the ASW on and off and to be honest I couldn’t tell any difference between 90 and 45. If I turned the graphics up very high with ASW off there was problems but on the whole ASW didn’t effect me. Now I think I shall turn up the graphics and see my limits.
    One more thing, should ASW be on Auto or 45?

13. m.bohlken

Ratings:
    +988 / 0 / -0
    If you consider using ASW I would recommend it to be on - but to be honest, I haven't tried Auto since nearly a year. Back than I often noticed the switch between on and off as there was a short stuttering in the picture, so I decided to have it permanently on...

• Like Like x 1
  14. The Foo

The Foo New Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    As a side note, turning on shadows is a MUST for me. I Tried it without initially and thought it looked great. Had nothing to loose so tried it with shadows on. BIG difference with them on! Especially at sunset. So sterile without! But I understand the reasons there not good for performance.

• Agree Agree x 1
  15. The Foo

The Foo New Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    While in VR I’m trying to use the Fanatec CSW V2.5 Wheel joysticks to navigate the menu. Is there an ‘enter’ button that can be assigned to the joystick as I have to use trackpad on my lap to enter? If I press the fanatec joysticks, nothing happens. Real pain!

16. ndwthx1138

ndwthx1138 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +101 / 0 / -0
    All of those are mappable in advance controls. Both the swivel, d-pad directions, and the push button.

I use mine for brake bias for the swivel and the up/down/left/right and push for pit changing etc.

Here is a pic of mine -
    3D315AC7-EF60-46D2-A94F-BBFBB9320220.jpeg

• Like Like x 1
  17. Not Lifting Off

Not Lifting Off Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +368 / 0 / -0
    Any way to make the track map bigger?

18. EsxPaul

EsxPaul Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +50 / 0 / -0
    I've been having a strange tracking issue with my Samsung Odyssey for the last few days that I could do with some guidance with.

If I move forward, back, left or right, the world moves along with me. For example, if I lean forward towards the steering wheel, it moves away from me. This happens in both of the games I've checked so far (Raceroom and rfactor2).

I haven't had this issue before and the only thing I can think of thats been changed is a new Nvidia driver that I installed a few days back. Do you guys think that could be the reason or would a driver have nothing to do with headset tracking?

19. Heath

Heath Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +136 / 0 / -0
    Had the same issue, rolled back the drivers, that fixed the issue :D

• Like Like x 1
  20. EsxPaul

EsxPaul Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +50 / 0 / -0
    Thanks for the tip. Sounds like I'm rolling back the drivers then :)