[Physics Update] Tyres, force feedback, AI and general developments - 10/12/2019

Discussion in 'Car Information and physics updates' started by Alex Hodgkinson, Dec 10, 2019.

1. sergeich

sergeich Member

Ratings:
    +10 / 0 / -0
    0:12 - when I drive same trajectory - always got "offtrack" collision point. Why?

2. BeefMcQueen

BeefMcQueen Well-Known Member Beta tester

Ratings:
    +123 / 0 / -0
    At the right-hander T3? Is that happening on every layout? (You reported an issue with only the chicane layout between the pit exit lines which I already passed on to the devs) Never had an issue in T3 myself, but thanks for mentioning, will try to reproduce that.

3. memoNo1

memoNo1 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +45 / 0 / -0
    I think that happened to me a couple of times. In the end I always countered hard.

4. elcampero

elcampero New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I'm new to this game.
    I'm looking for FFB Settings on the Thrustmaster TMX. Does someone have the right settings for me?

Thanks for the help

5. R.Noctua

R.Noctua Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +63 / 0 / -0
    What's wrong with standard settings?

I know that's not the answer to the question, just curious. I have the same steering wheel. I'll send the settings tonight.

6. BeefMcQueen

BeefMcQueen Well-Known Member Beta tester

Ratings:
    +123 / 0 / -0
    Hi @elcampero, if you're new to the game I can recommend having a look to that thread here. The first post has a lot of useful advice and information about which setting does what. https://forum.sector3studios.com/index.php?threads/ffb-guide-december-2019.14067/
    In case you already did that, is there something you don't like about the ffb or are you missing something? It's hard to find "the right" settings for someone else since ffb is a very subjective thing.

• Like Like x 1
  7. elcampero

elcampero New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Thanks Noctua. I'm waiting for you.
    For example I never tweak something in the weel software. I'm curious about if there's anything to set.

8. ozcanuck55

ozcanuck55 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +131 / 0 / -0
    I have changed nothing but the button assignments. Running 900 degrees in TM software.Maybe I'm easily pleased but I think the default is great. My old old wheel was a POS, so I'm happy so far.

• Like Like x 1
    • Wonderful Wonderful x 1
  9. elcampero

elcampero New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Thanks for the replys. Im trying this out and I give you guys some feedback. I feel some delay on the brake. For example when I hit the brake I must push the hole pedal to the ground to get some response on it. But breaks are not overheated. Do I something wrong? This is my first sim race game so sorry for the amount of questions.

10. R.Noctua

Ratings:
    +63 / 0 / -0
    I'm sorry, yesterday there was no way to discard (in my country this forum is blocked and VPN sometimes does not work). I will send everything after work.

Yes, there are differences between mine and the standard ones. At least, there is a problem with "road effects", which has not been solved yet - there was a post that now dev has taken it into watching.

• Like Like x 1
    Last edited: Mar 20, 2020
  11. majuh

majuh Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +147 / 0 / -0
    Race cars have brake ducts to cool the brakes. In RaceRoom, it's almost impossible to make the brakes overheat, so you should brake as hard as you can.

12. memoNo1

memoNo1 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +45 / 0 / -0
    Not that one. But when they are hot, they block very quickly. The best example is the RSR 934. It is best to recalibrate the pedals using the TM software. Then calibrate again in the game. The braking sensitivity can also be adjusted to your taste in the game. just try until it fits. Such a Sim sometimes takes some time.

• Like Like x 1
  13. R.Noctua

Ratings:
    +63 / 0 / -0
    @elcampero
    I apologize for the long wait.

(TM profile - all 100)

You can try to change the vertical load, but in my opinion, it gives more "dirt" than benefit.

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 2
    Last edited: Mar 23, 2020
  14. nolive721

nolive721 Active Member

Ratings:
    +26 / 0 / -0
    can someone help me again with the TCpreset meaning in RRE? the higher you go in numbers 1 to 6, the more Engine cut you get or is it the other way around? I run the Game in Get real mode so do the TCpreset actually apply here?

15. Nico Kunze

Nico Kunze Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +202 / 0 / -0
    You can just have a look at the car setup to be sure. I think the current standard is that preset one is the one with the most tc and preset 6 the one with the least (for gt3s its 100%, 80%, 60%, 40%, 20% and 0% for example). You can also change those values in the setup tho to better suit your needs. Say you feel like you need something between 0% and 20% and you dont wanna have to cycle to preset 6 all the time then you can simply set preset 1 to 10%.
    The tc presets apply when you have tc set to factory which should be the case in get real.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  16. nolive721

nolive721 Active Member

Ratings:
    +26 / 0 / -0
    that was quick, thanks so much I am clear now.

• Like Like x 1