Problem Pit Stop Problems

Discussion in 'Community Support' started by GregoryLeo, Apr 11, 2016.

1. GregoryLeo

GregoryLeo Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +360 / 0 / -0
    I've been trying to do the ADAC 2014 experience championship , with penalties and forced pit stops.
    But I keep getting mugged in the pits. By the AI who don't seem to have to follow the pit speed limit.
    I tried coming with them at their speed and get a drive thru for going to fast. If I set the limiter on, they drive right through me. I get knocked into the walls, spun around backwards and just generally gang mugged if there is more than one. And the most infuriating thing is, they even slow them down or wobble a little bit.
    AAAHHHH!!!!!! :mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:
    Anyway anybody else having this kind of fun/? Or is it just me?
    Until this game I loved races with pit stops. It could be a make or break for the race. Now not so much. I'm afraid to even try anymore.
    OK venting done. Seriously though, whats up with this?
    I've restarted the race more times than I care to think, and it's always the same thing in the pits

• Agree Agree x 1
  2. MattStone

MattStone Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +169 / 0 / -0
    I haven't had Thant problem BUT every time I pit, when I complete the race I'm recorded last no matter what place I finish.

I must admit I'm quite annoyed that such a fundamental part of the game is so broken.
    I know that it's "beta" but the content that I've purchased almost adds up to a full priced game so i expected better.

3. James Cook

James Cook Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,013 / 0 / -0
  4. Mz Baker

Mz Baker Member

Ratings:
    +7 / 0 / -0
    I am pretty new to this sim and I started a ADAC 2014 experience championship last week and Yes,
    I was knocked around trying to come into pits the first race or two.
    But, I think I might have been slowing for the pit speed limit too early, ? i don't know really.
    There was a race where I didn't worry about the limiter until just before the part where AI takes control and it seemed to be alright that time.

5. GregoryLeo

Ratings:
    +360 / 0 / -0
    This is actually happening in pit lane. Not before.

6. Mz Baker

Mz Baker Member

Ratings:
    +7 / 0 / -0
    Oh, well then its never happened to me but I have had cars drive through each other but I'v never been knocked around inside pit lane.

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. Pfalzdriver

Pfalzdriver Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +85 / 0 / -0
    Pitting is a game of chance with R3E. :)

We had some races at Zolder a couple of weeks ago with the DTM92. During some races you've entered the pit, the AI took over and immediately crashed the car by turning it by 90 degrees. After that your car got stuck at the pit entry, AI was controlling the car, Game over. Didnt happen everytime and to everyone, but on a regular basis.

Yesterday we raced with the RUF GT3 at the Hungaroring. Literaly everyone either received a warning for cutting the track while trying to access the pit, or even a penalty for cutting or being 2 fast within the pit, although the checkpoint is still around 100 metres ahead. We'll recheck this today. If the problem occurs again, there will be a bug report to S3.

8. Hannes Wallstedt

Hannes Wallstedt Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +280 / 0 / -0
    Even after the AI has taken control?
    While the car is still under your control the pit speed limit is not enforced. It only starts mattering when you are in the pit lane proper.

9. GregoryLeo

Ratings:
    +360 / 0 / -0
    Pretty sure it was after the ai took control. Because I was trying to confirm pit actions before the car stopped. Not at my computer now. But I'll double check the vid and try it again later when I get home.
    Edit: I have been practicing pit stops in single races to try and get a handle on this. o_O Feeling very frustrated. :( This shouldn't be so hard. :confused:

Last edited: Apr 13, 2016
  10. Pfalzdriver

Ratings:
    +85 / 0 / -0
    OK, we've rechecked this. You cant do a pit stop at the Hungaroring with the RUF RT12R GTR3 without getting a penalty! So there is something wrong.

@Hannes Wallstedt : Could you take a look into this matter plz?

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. Hannes Wallstedt

Hannes Wallstedt Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +280 / 0 / -0
    Specifically with the RUF RT12R GTR3?
    Did a few pit stop tests with the GTR3 class yesterday on Hungaroring without any problems. Was in the Audi though.
    Sure, I'll try to fit in a test of this today.

• Like Like x 1
  12. Pfalzdriver

Ratings:
    +85 / 0 / -0
    We've checked only the RUF, because we have a Funrace next Friday with this combination. :)

And we've also checked multiplayer only. Not sure if there is a difference if you do AI-racing. :)

Edit: With mandatory pit stop active too!

• Informative Informative x 1
    Last edited: Apr 13, 2016
  13. nate

nate Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +875 / 0 / -0
    Thanks for spotting this. I was able to reproduce this issue with the GT3 cars, and the devs seem to know about the issue now. Not sure how easy it will be to fix or how long it will take, but it seems to be a track issue (in my opinion) since the cut track penalty is triggering when entering the pits.

So, it's being looked into and will be fixed sometime, hopefully soon.

• Like Like x 1