Question Please help me with FOV

Discussion in 'Community Support' started by OirishKev, Dec 2, 2017.

1. OirishKev

OirishKev Member

Ratings:
    +11 / 0 / -0
    Morning all,

I am loving the game! (I'm new to PC Sims) Great tracks, great cars and really addictive. However I am struggling to get a realistic FoV. I am using 3 screens (All 27" ViewSonics running 2k at 165Hz) sitting 69cm from the centre screen. Left and right screens are 47 Degrees offset from centre. Screens are 60cm wide and 33.5cm high. Each Bezel is 1.25cm wide.

So I fed all this in and I seem to be driving in cockpit with a really bad FoV. The clipping points seem to be in the middle of the centre screen and there is absolutely no sense of speed. As a result of this I tend to drive using bumper cam which gives me a sense of speed but feels like an expensive console game.

So - What am I doing wrong? I'll share video if it helps, but when I seen video like the attached I can't help but feel envious....
    (this is not my setup - but it's what I'd like my setup to look like from a FoV point of view)

Happy to answer any questions anyone has - I'm new to this lark so I am probably missing something obvious..

2. Clapper

Clapper Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +133 / 0 / -0
    I can't see the video due to restrictions, but here is the pro at RealPOV with only one monitor.
    Georg - RealPOV

3. OirishKev

OirishKev Member

Ratings:
    +11 / 0 / -0
    OK - This I NEED. How do I make 3 screens look like this?

4. nate

nate Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +875 / 0 / -0
    Have you looked through this thread on how to set up triple screens in RaceRoom?

Personally, I dont have triples so I cant really offer much in terms of FoV advice or how to set them up.

To be fair here, there is a bit of voodoo magic going on (otherwise known as some mild camera tricks).

He has 1 big screen (40 inches as I recall) placed directly behind his wheel, which then takes up most of his forward vision. And then there is a camera placed directly over so this is all you see. Without big screens to take up all your vision, the result likely wont be the same as the video. Very cool to watch nonetheless.