Poll: Did you like the last update changes or not? Why?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by ClayytonBR, Apr 3, 2016.

?

Are you satisfied with the last update?

1. No

2. Yes

Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. ClayytonBR

ClayytonBR New Member

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0
    Did you like the last update changes? What did you like and what you didn´t?
    I personally think the AI got way easier than before, losing speed at straights and also on corners and thus losing its best that was the challenge it presented. I also preferred the prior sky, it looked more real, I mean, less cartoonish and had better definition. The menu sound and the environment sound in general were positive points, they managed to improve what was already incredible, but I feel the sim gave up a little to the arcade public. After driving for some hours between yesterday and today, I may say I prefer the before-the-update R3E. Give your opinion!

Last edited: Apr 3, 2016
  2. Sean Kenney

Sean Kenney Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +316 / 0 / -0
    It is probably a slight bug. I am sure they don't mean them to be that slow. I am sure it will be fixed soon.

The AI is a lot smarter imo now. once they get the speed back up, it will be very, very good ai.

• Agree Agree x 5
  3. Jkck

Jkck Member

Ratings:
    +23 / 0 / -0
    AI will be spot on once the wrinkles are ironed out. I have seen a major improvement with the AI this patch.

4. ClayytonBR

ClayytonBR New Member

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0
    I hope so, Sean, cause the AI on this sim is one of the reasons I like this sim so much, and what makes me think it´s worth the price...

5. digitizer

digitizer Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +117 / 0 / -0
    Just done race with DTM '92 and yes AI slower at corners, but on the straights they push like i just stopped. Can easy give me ~ 1 sec on the Döttinger Höhe

6. ДДºMortICi

ДДºMortICi Member

Ratings:
    +18 / 0 / -0
    But the 92 DTM's are my favorite!

I am rebuilding my adaptive AI file now to see if they will be better.

7. digitizer

Ratings:
    +117 / 0 / -0
    I like so much 92 DTM to, but AI so stupid, they ruine my race many times. They drive like a trams. Everytime cut the corner Hohenrain. If you on theyr way, you have a big chance to be pushed to the wall. Maybe i need rebuild AI to, now they looks like McLaren, but not '92 DTM. ~ 3 sec for the lap and its only from straghts, because every corner they drive slower then me or near the same, but not faster.

For update i'm vote Yes ofcourse :) Big step forward

8. ClayytonBR

ClayytonBR New Member

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0
    What do you mean with "rebuilding your adaptive AI file"? Is it possible?

9. dungbeetle

dungbeetle Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +66 / 0 / -0
  10. richlevy2003

richlevy2003 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +87 / 0 / -0
    The ai is better this round thru, but they do seem to have spacial awareness issues. I really like the way they can go into a Wiggle here and there, even a slight wayward run from the line... these are all things people have asked for here on the forums, so sector3 is trying to nail a more human like ai. More tweaking and it is going to be super solid. They are very determined to hold their line, that is cool, the bad is after managing to get around them, for some reason they seem to fall off the pace and just disappear.

Kudos on this, can't wait for the next small update

• Like Like x 1
  11. Sean Kenney

Sean Kenney Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +316 / 0 / -0
    wonder who vote no....odd. Its like saying I don't like updating a game and it progressing. lol

12. mister dog

mister dog Active Member

Ratings:
    +38 / 0 / -0
    Did some races yesterday with the DTM 92's and i really liked the way the AI drove. Like mentioned above they move about a lot and don't hold their lines all the time, so it makes things a little less predictable and there's a lot of passing moves. They are also not aggressive and ram you off the road, respecting the limits which is nice.

Not an alien though, could be they might be a tad slow for alien pace not like i would ever find out :D

• Like Like x 1
  13. rd.king

rd.king Active Member

Ratings:
    +36 / 0 / -0
    I'm really enjoying the new mustang GT and corvette C7

14. Tonbei

Tonbei Member

Ratings:
    +6 / 0 / -0
    Had a different impression yesterday. On Nurburgring GP GT3 cars. I stopped my car on the ideal line right after the corner. The AI rammed me. They did not stop or pass me.

15. digitizer

Ratings:
    +117 / 0 / -0
    We speak about R3E update, not AC

16. ClayytonBR

ClayytonBR New Member

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0
    I voted no. The sim seemed more challenging to me before than now. I don´t know why, but I don´t feel that level of challenge I had before. I also feel the handling of the cars easier now than before, I mean, I had a more challenging handling before when the slightest mistake would get me out of track. And the sky... what was wrong with that beautiful cloudy sky? Just my opinion people. ;)

17. MsportDan

MsportDan Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    love it people moan about the ai braking later and (impossibly) and when the AI now brake earlier people moan ffs! Ive never had a problem with AI braking and still don't! Obviously the ai are meant to brake at the maximum efficiency, peeps that are struggling are obviously not, yuou need to relearn when to brake guys.

Think this update is the best one yet from s3, pretty much has defined rre as a more serious sim and not just a pcars contender imo

amazingly when rre first come out, I said the ffb and physics were well off, and people laughed.. thing is I were right, clearly rre is improving tenfold in these areas.

• Like Like x 1
  18. rd.king

rd.king Active Member

Ratings:
    +36 / 0 / -0
    I loving the new larger grids nords is a blast although the AI taking over at the gantry on the tourist sucks I guess it is a speed limit point IRL.
    The adaptive AI gets pretty dumb when it's thinking for 99 cars, BUT MAN 99 cars on Spa WoW.
    The FFB clipping meter is cool though all it's doing for me is showing that my settings are right on the spot.
    I have nothing but positive comments to make about the latest update.

19. mister dog

mister dog Active Member

Ratings:
    +38 / 0 / -0
    Blind corner? Or did they have time to see you and anticipate?

20. Tonbei

Tonbei Member

Ratings:
    +6 / 0 / -0
    They had a lot of time to see me mate. I was already 50 m on the straight on the ideal line. I was surprised that they rammed me. Always testing such stuff in all sims and usually the AI stops or passes me very early.