[Poll] How much would you be willing to spend for the Nordschleife?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Christian G, Jan 16, 2016.

?

What would be a justifiable/acceptable price for the Nordschleife?

1. like Spa and Bathurst = 549 vRP

12 vote(s)
    15.0%
  2. 550 - 699 vRP

7 vote(s)
    8.8%
  3. 700 - 849 vRP

12 vote(s)
    15.0%
  4. 850 - 999 vRP

19 vote(s)
    23.8%
  5. 1000 - 1199 vRP

9 vote(s)
    11.3%
  6. 1200 - 1399 vRP

3 vote(s)
    3.8%
  7. 1400 - 1599 vRP

4 vote(s)
    5.0%
  8. don't care, shut up and take my money already.

14 vote(s)
    17.5%
  1. Christian G

Christian G Topological Agitator Beta tester

Ratings:
    +2,411 / 0 / -0
    As we hit the subject in another thread, I'm interested in how much you guys think would be a justifiable price for the Nordschleife.
    If you can somehow supress the urge, please don't say something like "nothing, cause we the people...", we all know this won't happen.

Note that votes are anonymous this time.

Also note that this isn't any kind of official inquiry, or something asked by the devs or publisher. It's merely me personally wondering what you guys think would be a fair/acceptable/justifiable price. What it will cost in the end nobody can tell atm. Might be more, might be less than what I put in the poll options and whatever it will be, S3S/Raceroom will have their just reasons to ask for whatever they're gonna charge.

Cheers

Christian

Last edited: Jan 16, 2016
  2. Rodger Davies

Rodger Davies Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +594 / 0 / -0
    Realistically, I will probably pay whatever they ask, but I like to think it would come in at under 1000VRP so as not to put off too many people from purchasing.

• Agree Agree x 8
  3. Bottroper

Bottroper Active Member

Ratings:
    +29 / 0 / -0
    considerung that Nordschleife is considerably longer than Spa or Bathurst more work probably went into the making of the Nordschleife. Thus asking for a higher price seems just fair. At the end of the day I'm with Rodger on this one.

4. fischhaltefolie

fischhaltefolie Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,042 / 0 / -0
    Did I miss something with capricorn Nürburgring GmbH?:confused::confused::confused:
    No, seriously I polled 1200 - 1399, but when I can see, I fear, they'll have my wallet

5. rbn

rbn Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +69 / 0 / -0
    Realistically I think 849-ish.
    Competitors ask about 50% more then a normal track, its not that the track prices a based on the length or used assets (Macau vs Brands).

• Like Like x 1
  6. Peter Koch

Peter Koch Well-Known Member Beta tester

Ratings:
    +191 / 0 / -0
    They can ask what they want, full Brands Hatch license is almost as expensive as the Nordschleife, same with most British tracks.

• Informative Informative x 1
  7. James Cook

James Cook Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,013 / 0 / -0
    I voted 850-999 vRP.

Nords is probably four or five times the work of any other track but clearly it cannot be priced on the same scale. I think 999 vRP would be a fair reflection of the work that has gone into the circuit whilst keeping the price competitive and attractive to potential customers.

Nords will be a gateway into R3E for many people and plenty of content will be sold as a result of this track. Keep the price fair. Over 1000 would be a mistake.

• Agree Agree x 6
    • Like Like x 1
  8. rbn

rbn Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +69 / 0 / -0
    That why I said I think, its an opinion. Ofcourse thay can charge 9999 vrp.
    But it makes sense to put the price inline with the competition.

• Agree Agree x 2
  9. Christian G

Ratings:
    +2,411 / 0 / -0
    Peter pointed out that I should probably make this clear (thanks Pete):
    Also note that this isn't any kind of official inquiry, or something asked by the devs or publisher. It's merely me wondering what you guys think would be a fair/acceptable/justifiable price. What it will cost in the end nobody can tell atm. Might be more, might be less than what I put in the poll options and whatever it will be, S3S/Raceroom will have their just reasons to ask for whatever they're gonna charge.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  10. The_Grunt

The_Grunt Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +168 / 0 / -0
    I'd like to see it around 850vRPs at maximum. Anything over 1000vRP is starting to be pretty steep for single track, no matter how long it is and how much work was done for it.

• Agree Agree x 2
  11. fischhaltefolie

fischhaltefolie Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,042 / 0 / -0
    My calculation:
    vrps divided by hours on the track, there soon will be much more expensive on my hdd.

12. .OG Isaac

.OG Isaac Well-Known Member Beta tester

Ratings:
    +173 / 0 / -0
    I actually will be alright with spending 1999 vRP, but as long as it has all the layouts.

Realisticly, i'd be okay with it if it's priced 1499 vRP. It's the Nordschleiffe, it's amazing, it's worth it.

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Like Like x 1
  13. Tuborg

Tuborg Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +457 / 0 / -0
    Spa: 7004 meter, 20 turns
    Nordschleife 20 830 meter, 73 turns

(wikipedia)

Nordschleife is like 3 Spa. Would it be to much if it cost as 2 Spa?

I woted 1000-1199

• Like Like x 1
  14. Skybird

Skybird Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +803 / 0 / -0
    The price must be competitive with other products.

Kunos' Dreampacks 2 and 3 feature one normal-length track and several cars plus all their liveries, and cost 10 Euros. The over-length Nordschleife plus several cars and their skins cost 15 Euros. I always considered these packs good value for money.

I think 10 Euros for Raceroom's Nordschleife (without cars and skins), is okay. Raise the price if it comes in bundle with cars and skins.

Personally I even would pay more, because: "Haben will!"

15. Yevgeny Lazorenko

Yevgeny Lazorenko Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +793 / 0 / -0
    Honestly, there should be some bundles like BMW Bundle (all bimmers plus few famous tracks), Merc Bundle, etc...

16. Dave R

Dave R Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +576 / 0 / -0
    That's a really good idea. Would be excellent if you're a fan of a certain brand.

17. EpicPosterGuy

EpicPosterGuy Active Member

Ratings:
    +29 / 0 / -0
    I don't care tbh, a full field of '92 dtm's on a laserscanned nords is worth it to me no matter the cost :p

18. Not Lifting Off

Not Lifting Off Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +368 / 0 / -0
    Skybirds right, off topic and complicated, edited.

What would i pay, lower is always better but we`ll have to wait and see.

19. Skybird

Skybird Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +803 / 0 / -0
    And there you guys make it complicated again. As if the confusing shop model and intransparent price policy does not already attract enough criticism and keeps new players away.

Keep. It. Simple. ;)

Thats very good advise, believe me. That so few players come to and play RR, can be perfectly explained - and the game's quality has little to do with it.

• Agree Agree x 3
  20. Christian G

Ratings:
    +2,411 / 0 / -0
    That's why I phrased the question like I did, it wasn't meant to be about how it should be done but only your personal opinion on how much is fair or justifiable. But who am I to show anybody the off-topic card, so please go ahead discussing. :)

BUT, the recent announcement of the Audi TTRS VLN does make one think about a possible bundle indeed. ;)