Porsche...

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by Timmy L, Apr 12, 2017.

1. Timmy L

Timmy L Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +76 / 0 / -0
    So, no surprise really.
    GT Sport, coming out on the PS4, has signed Porsche.

I wonder who could be next?

• Winner Winner x 1
  2. Fanapryde

Fanapryde Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +410 / 0 / -0
    it has been confirmed that pCars 2 also has Porsche licensed.

• Informative Informative x 2
  3. Timmy L

Ratings:
    +76 / 0 / -0
    Forza Horizon 3 also...
    Has just been leaked..
    Yes, it is great.
    However, overkill comes to mind.

4. Fanapryde

Ratings:
    +410 / 0 / -0
    Like 27 Porsche models, of which only half are worth racing, like in AC ?
    I understand they came with the deal, but I hope pCars did not make the same deal...
    I'm all into race cars, but a Panamera/Macan/Cayenne/Cayman and the likes ... nope, not my thing.

5. Timmy L

Ratings:
    +76 / 0 / -0
    Yes, AC over did it a bit...
    I am with you on the race car issue.
    I just like race cars, not into the road stuff.
    PCars is looking good, have heard good things about the game.
    Let's hope Sector 3 just get 3 or 4 great Porsche racing cars.

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. m.bohlken

m.bohlken Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +988 / 0 / -0
    AC did what fits to the concept of AC. The don't focus on Race-Cars. They have a wide spreaded range of cars - from the tiny historic abarth to the (more or less) latest High-End F1 and LMP1.

In Raceroom it would be just nice to have a Porsche in every category it fits + cup + hopefully some future categorys (Group C, old FIA GT1, 70s Racecars, GT(R)4)

• Agree Agree x 2
  7. Timmy L

Ratings:
    +76 / 0 / -0
    Assetto Corsa has a 'concept'?
    Really...
    The only 'concept' I could see regarding Porsche and Assetto Corsa was, 'Let's extract as much money as we can, before the others can have Porsche...to make our sales figures look better...to get a better deal...when we sell..'.
    Or something like that..

Oh, I am half Italian, not sure which half, so I am allowed by 'law', to take the piss out of Assetto Corsa.

Spot on.
    That is the way to do it.

• Funny Funny x 1
  8. neil

neil Member

Ratings:
    +10 / 0 / -0
    I like the Porsche road cars, Caymen s is one of my favourite cars in any sim.

9. neil

neil Member

Ratings:
    +10 / 0 / -0
    Pcars 2 has Porsche 2 road cars.

10. Tuborg

Tuborg Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +457 / 0 / -0
    I want this in R3E.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
  11. Fanapryde

Ratings:
    +410 / 0 / -0
    You are not alone.
    But that is very likely never going to happen.
    It would need some friends to play together...:cool:
    In the meanwhile I can drive it in other sims.

12. Fanapryde

Ratings:
    +410 / 0 / -0
    Glad that there are no road cars in R3E...:rolleyes:

• Agree Agree x 3
  13. jpmcdon98

jpmcdon98 Member

Ratings:
    +20 / 0 / -0
    Yes, especially how weird the road cars were to drive in GTR Evo.

FIA GT Championship cars would be near impossible to re-license. GT1 is pretty much a dead class in sim racing anyway (most sims today have one or two cars) , overshadowed by GT3. I personally would like to see group c as well. (Sector 3 already has a Nissan R90CK)

14. rad

rad Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +458 / 0 / -0
    Nissan R90CK could have been put to the Museum of Unused Licences where you can find Corvette C7R, Ford Falcon and Volvo S60 V8 Supercars :( Although we got Audi R18 not so long ago, which was announced with that Nissan.

• Agree Agree x 1
  15. jpmcdon98

jpmcdon98 Member

Ratings:
    +20 / 0 / -0
    Its sad to see how many cars were abandoned due to licensing issues, even during the initial development of the game, Aston Martin, Ascari and even Dodge were conceived to be in R3E. It makes me wonder what the sim would be like if the all of these cars that were canned are in game. Porsche would probably have the same fate.

Last edited: Apr 27, 2017
  16. fischhaltefolie

fischhaltefolie Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,042 / 0 / -0
    The overall situation of Raceroom shouldn't be so much different with this or that additional race car. No question, they're bloody awesome.
    Raceroom had almost from the beginning a wide variety of cars and, more important, of race series giving it a unique feature. Sure there were some fictional ones. But with DTM, ADAC GT Masters and WTCC S3S/Raceroom could license some pretty big fishes.
    Series as DTM 92, Group 5, GTO, Touring Classics, ... were added. The last ones offering the possibilty of adding iconic cars and improving the experience of race.:rolleyes: Though I'm not sure, this will happen. It wouldn't attract many new customers to the sim. And as @J-F Chardon stated, S3 would concentrate on current series (GT4?, TCR?). They should fit perfectly into their esports approach. Single seaters could be mentioned here as well. Aussie Super V8 had been a perfect addition, yes.
    And than there are the new GT3 cars. Three still to be released and famous brands still on our whish list (Ferrari:(, Lamborghini:(, Porsche:(, Aston Martin:(). Somehow there's missing an international series (?). But that's all this rudy licensing part.
    Technical features, optics, accoustics and contend will be/are handled well, I'm sure about that.
    Imo, Raceroom finally should handle it's inhereted burdons from the initial concept. This could be the toughest part of all.

• Agree Agree x 1
    Last edited: Apr 27, 2017
  17. m.bohlken

m.bohlken Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +988 / 0 / -0
    Hm, maybe - but several other games have the Mercedes CLK GTR and the McLaren F1 GTR already. A few even have the Porsche 911 gt1. So I guess it is more to the manufacturer as to the Championship in that case...

18. jpmcdon98

jpmcdon98 Member

Ratings:
    +20 / 0 / -0
    For a moment I thought you were talking about the "newer" fia gt1, which probably won't be in demand for a long time. Classic gt1on the other hand would be sweet, I would drool every time I drove an f1 gtr if it were in r3e. If the 911 makes an appearance, don't forget to put the bird in the Wastegate :p (if that's where it even comes from).