Proper triple screen support planned? and some other questions

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Sharp, Apr 14, 2017.

1. Sharp

Sharp Member

Ratings:
    +10 / 0 / -0
    I know people have been asking about this for a while.
    But I was wondering if there are any plans to implement this?

I haven't played RRE for over 2 years and just came back yesterday to see what happened in the mean time. I must say there has been a lot of improvements, but I stumbled upon triple screen support which can be achieved but not the proper way (no separate screen rendering). So I searched the internet but came across mostly threads from 2015.

Also is it me or does the game looks overly blue (aka blue tint)? and grainy, un-sharp and colorless? < I mostly solved this with reshade but if reshade wasn't possible in this sim, I probably wouldn't have played it. I named myself Sharp for a reason :D

2. Sharp

Sharp Member

Ratings:
    +10 / 0 / -0
    Does any one have an answer to this?

3. fischhaltefolie

fischhaltefolie Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,042 / 0 / -0
    @J-F Chardon mentioned once in a dev stream or in an interview, triple screen support should possibly be touched after implementation of vr.
    Since then there was no statement on this subject. A bad signal for me.:(
    Hoping for implementation as well.
    Edit: maybe with switch to unreal4

Last edited: Apr 16, 2017
  4. Sharp

Sharp Member

Ratings:
    +10 / 0 / -0
    Well, lets hope for the best.
    No proper triple screen support in a racing game in 2K17 is kind of hilarious if you ask me :)

But honestly, I can't imagine this won't be implemented.

• Agree Agree x 4
  5. m.bohlken

m.bohlken Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +988 / 0 / -0
    Might need a bit longer... VR is just released in its first steps. So they are still working on that. After this is completed, triple-screen could be next. Depending on how long that might take, the prioritys could change to different things like engine-changes.

6. ElNino

ElNino Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +475 / 0 / -0
    I would see what you can do with current options in meantime. I play all the usual suspect sim games, most with separate rendering, but R3E has rarely bothered me with its triple rendering, and im an immersion chaser, going for 1:1 real/in game setup. For some reason i can get a really well matched cockpit in most cars (DTM 92/touring classics for instance). I believe the modern DTM cars are on the other end, where separate rendering would really help.

All that said I def dont disagree it would be nice to have, just hope you dont dismiss the sim until then....can still get a reasonably good view in most cars.

7. Sharp

Sharp Member

Ratings:
    +10 / 0 / -0
    I won't dismiss the game, but it would be epic to have separate rendering for each screen. Problem I have with no separate rendering is that when there is some one on my right screen, the image gets HUGE and as he goes passed me (moving into my middle screen) the image is normal again, I don't like that at all.

But as I said the game made some epic progress over the years, note I haven't played this game for 2 years. Beside my complaining about separate rendering, I seriously love this game especially the WTCC series!

Also I was thinking about raising some money to implement proper triple screen support, but I don't know if it's a money issue or not.

8. Fanapryde

Fanapryde Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +410 / 0 / -0
    Amazingly quiet on the dev front about this.
    My fear is that is never going to happen...:(

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. Mike S

Mike S Member

Ratings:
    +22 / 0 / -0
    I brought this up when they announced the esports campaign. I feel like any proper competition needs triple screens and vr support at the minimum. Kinda hard to have solid competition on single screens in 2017. Hopefully this is being worked on. I like the vr implementation so far and I hope they keep improving it.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  10. AlleyViper

AlleyViper Active Member

Ratings:
    +39 / 0 / -0
    For the un-sharp thing, if you've forgotten FXAA enabled on top of a decent MSAA level like 4X, just disable it. It'll look less blurry (and no motion blur, o.c.).

Last edited: May 6, 2017
  11. GooseCreature

GooseCreature Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +670 / 0 / -0
    If you're using an nVidia graphics card, then it is possible to set triple screen mismatch in the driver, under "config surround" it's not a cure but it has sure helped balance the transition from screen to screen!

• Informative Informative x 1
  12. GooseCreature

Ratings:
    +670 / 0 / -0
    We're all off to Simbin, we're all off to Simbin, LA la la la, LA la la la, We're all off to Simbin.................................................................

• Funny Funny x 1
  13. Fanapryde

Ratings:
    +410 / 0 / -0
    I am using a Nvidia GTX 980 TI, but I'm not sure I understand what you mean (my bad). I was looking in the Nvidia Control panel, where I have set the triples to surround, using bezel correction... what else can I do ?

14. pixeljetstream

pixeljetstream Well-Known Member Beta tester

Ratings:
    +412 / 0 / -0
    pretty sure he did mean the bezel correction "transtion from screen to screen"

• Like Like x 1
  15. GooseCreature

Ratings:
    +670 / 0 / -0
    Pretty much all you can do unfortunately, be a real shame if Triple screen support has been side stepped for Vr, especially as some people can't even use it due to nausea. Almost like picking on the disabled, you sure S3 aren't a Euro wing of the British Government? :rolleyes:

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  16. Matej Lakota

Matej Lakota Active Member

Ratings:
    +44 / 0 / -0
    In my case it is simple, even I like this game a lot. I will not buy any content until proper triple screen option will be supported (like in AC or rF2). It is simply because streched picture left/right makes me dizzy after a while and after years of waiting I lost my faith that anything will change. If I am wrong, I will immediately buy missing couple tracks and cars :).

• Agree Agree x 2
  17. Fanapryde

Ratings:
    +410 / 0 / -0
    While I agree with you, and even convinced myself to take the same path, I bought all content a couple of weeks ago and the new Anderstorp this morning. Just can't resist (and saw it as a way to support S3)... :rolleyes:
    I sure hope I will not regret this sooner or later when I find out that proper triple screen support will never happen...
    Like it is now, I often mess up in sharp corners because of the stretched view (just as I do in pCars - but proper support will be present in pCars2, so much has been confirmed). The actual view is also messing up proper position in cockpit view, where I need to go sit in a not correct way just to be able to see the right rear view mirror.
    I have my FOV settings at 0,9 where 0,8 or even 0,7 would be more appropriate, but makes it impossible to see the mirror(s).
    And yes, there is the nausea or dizziness. After a (long) wile you get more or less used to it, but it needs a lot of adapting...

• Agree Agree x 2
  18. Fanapryde

Ratings:
    +410 / 0 / -0
    Up .....because I really would like an answer from someone who actually knows what the plans regarding this issue are...
    Is triple screen support coming or not ?
    If so, any time frame to expect it ?
    "Soon" ? :rolleyes:

19. alexSchmurtz

alexSchmurtz Member

Ratings:
    +12 / 0 / -0
    Well this post from this morning might interest you...:)

20. Fanapryde

Ratings:
    +410 / 0 / -0
    I missed that, but anyway, I read that promise before (a few times). So if the wrinkles in VR don't get ironed out, we can forget about triple screen support.
    Nice.... :confused:
    I'm starting to regret having bought all content...

• Disagree Disagree x 1
    • Wonderful Wonderful x 1