Qualification

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Zhenya, Feb 25, 2021.

1. Zhenya

Zhenya New Member

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0
    Hello, Please tell me how much more to endure this problem in this game? You are going to a good mound, you have one last turn, you improve your time, but you know what ?? the steering wheel is taken away from you and that's it! What does it mean? nowhere is there such a problem as in this game! Dear developers! I have bought almost all the tracks and a lot of cars for what is all this to us?

2. ravey1981

ravey1981 Well-Known Member Beta tester

Ratings:
    +873 / 0 / -0
    Can you clarify what you mean. Is this in multiplayer? In multiplayer for example when the timer hits zero that is it, end of session, you do not get to complete the lap.

In single player you can finish the lap you are on when the timer hits zero.

The difference is because in MP the server needs to advance at a set time and cannot wait for players on a lap.

• Like Like x 3
  3. Zhenya

Zhenya New Member

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0
    I'm interested in online! which means it cannot wait on the circle. why in other simulators everything is fine with this!

4. ravey1981

Ratings:
    +873 / 0 / -0
    Everyone does things differently. This is how it works in Raceroom. It's the same for everyone.

• Dislike Dislike x 1
  5. blgk

blgk Member

Ratings:
    +10 / 0 / -0
    I think in F1, for example, you can finish the lap in Qualy. IDK in WTRC

6. BeefMcQueen

BeefMcQueen Well-Known Member Beta tester

Ratings:
    +183 / 0 / -0
    The main reason for this is that the drivers who already finished their qualifying session don't have to wait for some funny guy who might just take his time and not finish his lap. Imagine that on the Nordschleife for example...

Oli

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  7. blgk

blgk Member

Ratings:
    +10 / 0 / -0
    You can have a % of the pole time, as limit to avoid this.

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. BeefMcQueen

BeefMcQueen Well-Known Member Beta tester

Ratings:
    +183 / 0 / -0
    It would indeed be nice to be allowed finishing the lap you're on. But then it has to be the way it's done in real life: if you crossed the line before Quali ends, you're fine and have a last chance to set a good lap. This, or being granted to get a additional time span based on the laptimes would mess with the server schedules, though. I'm sure this has been discussed a lot but been ditched for the above reason.

Oli

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
    Last edited: Mar 3, 2021
  9. blgk

blgk Member

Ratings:
    +10 / 0 / -0
    As I said you can finish your lap if you cross the line before the limit, but you have only the 105% (for ex) time of the pole to finish your lap to avoid blocking the session.

Also it would be nice to not disconnect so abruptly the wheel and cockpit view in the time limit, to increase immersion.

• Agree Agree x 2
  10. ravey1981

Ratings:
    +873 / 0 / -0
    As explained it's down to how the server need to progress at a given time. There is no room for just another 10s or just another half a lap. It is what it is and it won't be changing.

• Dislike Dislike x 1
  11. GooseCreature

GooseCreature Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +670 / 0 / -0
    I thought iRansom did things in this manner also, when your times up, your times up!
    I generally look see if I have enough time to finish as I start a lap, rather than go to the last turn and get a surprise, not rocket science.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  12. Vale

Vale Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +279 / 0 / -0
    You can finish your lap on an unranked server if players are still loading into the game. Same with practice on all servers. I agree it is sometimes frustrating but we already have enough delays as is.
    The best solution might be for all dedi servers to be on hot lap qually with no outlap by default as that wastes much time. Who seriously needs an outlap on Norsdchleife or Spa for instance? It also stops you from being blocked y other drivers.

I know it is not as realistic but it gets the job done and the sessions can be shorter.

Last edited: Mar 4, 2021
  13. majuh

majuh Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +257 / 0 / -0
    You can finish your lap in this case, but it won't count anymore.

14. Vale

Vale Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +279 / 0 / -0
    Until now it has.

15. majuh

majuh Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +257 / 0 / -0
    Trust me, your position in the standings won't change anymore if the clock has run out...

16. GooseCreature

GooseCreature Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +670 / 0 / -0
    Will in practice, just not in Qualifying.

17. Muca

Muca Active Member

Ratings:
    +27 / 0 / -0
    Why do you go for a lap if there is not enough time? Never seen this as an issue. I do not want to wait for you to finish your lap that won't count anyways.

• Agree Agree x 1
  18. Vale

Vale Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +279 / 0 / -0
    It has happened to me before.

19. Nico Kunze

Nico Kunze Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +396 / 0 / -0
    I tend to feel like that as well but if so it was so long ago that i might just be mixing something up :D

20. Zhenya

Zhenya New Member

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0
    What do you not understand, people? I'm driving my lap, the time ends just before the finish and the steering wheel is taken away! Now the most important thing I was going to the first place in qualification improved my time !! did not get a cut-off on the circle to finish then a fast car can be given ??? complete idiocy! got it.