Question about graphics

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Eisprinzessin, May 26, 2016.

1. Eisprinzessin

Eisprinzessin Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +315 / 0 / -0
    Hi there!

Are there plans to get dirt on the cars?
    I mean: It looks realy not very realistic, when the cars drive after one hour of race time totaly clean - as out of the box. Looks not cool. Are there plans?

The whiper animation under high speed (shake) is a realy cool feature.
    Why it works not on every car? Mercedes DTM 92 for example it is static...On the RUF GT3 its realy cool.

And a non graphical question:
    Why it is not possible to define your race length in laps? And why it is not possible to choose 20 Mins?
    On the Nordschleife it would realy cool, so 3 laps-races are possible. Now its only two or 4 laps...

• Agree Agree x 2
  2. Metalogic

Metalogic Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +234 / 0 / -0
    I'd love to be able to specify a race length in laps...

• Agree Agree x 2
  3. James Cook

James Cook Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,013 / 0 / -0
    They're working on it.

In the meantime, buy a hundred liveries. :p

• Funny Funny x 3
  4. Eisprinzessin

Ratings:
    +315 / 0 / -0
    Did a race today in the GT3 class to be well prepared for this evenings Qualifying on the 24h.

I sadly have to say that some liveries (especially the Camaro and Mustang liveries) look realy ugly if driving behind them.

Sterile, to clean, cheap as of a game from before 5 years.

BTW:
    There is no 3 Laprace in GT3 on 24h Layout possible.

5. Steffen Breitfeld

Steffen Breitfeld New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    What about rain? Tirepressure? Dirt on the Windows and cars? All the realistic in Race07 is missing in this game! The Game is well done but there are few Things to Change!

• Agree Agree x 2
  6. Eisprinzessin

Ratings:
    +315 / 0 / -0
    Yes, looks realy not very good. And the case that it was in older games implemented, i can not understand.

Is in R3E the angle of the rear wing visible?

7. DoctorFrazierCrane

DoctorFrazierCrane Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +65 / 0 / -0
    I have to say I love the graphics in this game. Sure they aren't pCars but then I'm glad....I can spend time racing and not time reading tweak and optimisation guides. Assetto Corsa? Must have spent literal days trying to get the game to look like the promo pics...triangular striped shadows everywhere....disaster.

I hope RRE adds some small details, but keeps away from the temptation to 'make this look like next gen' (whatever that means).

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  8. Not Lifting Off

Not Lifting Off Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +368 / 0 / -0
    James, James, James!!!
    Your a bloody funny man, lol, someone had too!

• Like Like x 1
  9. Yevgeny Lazorenko

Yevgeny Lazorenko Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +793 / 0 / -0
    I think, at the current state, adding some extra graphic effects would cause a huge problem, you know, the core of the problem impossible to change, game has been built on DirectX 9, for instance, DirectX 12 games already exist. I would be much more happier if it was 11th or even 10th version, it would allow much more bigger tools to implement and performance could be better...

I am so sad and disappointed about Nordschleife performance... I am talking about 24h and VLN layout, I have to decrease almost everything to have a possibility to race online 20+ people without FPS drops to 30... At the same time, I can easily run all other circuits with max – medium settings during online racing without any problems... This situation brings me to the madness, because every time when people were asking @ the forum to release Nordschleife faster asking “when?”, I was on the developer's side and was patient. I was writing messages to people about giving more time to developers so they can handle all the problems and release ready to use product... But, happened what happened.. Now we have to wait another century before we can drive smoothly there...

The same was with Shanghai, Moscow and some other tracks.... In my opinion, huge FPS drops killed Shanghai, because I was evidencing how people was angry about this track, me either. I bought it when it was released, because it's really nice circuit to race and what I got?

At least, nowadays I can reach 140-160 fps (no v-sync) @ Shanghai, but it isn't popular...

I don't want throw pessimistic wave here, but do you guys remember what happened to SimBin?

I don't want story to be repeated and believe me, pulling new liveries for capital boost wouldn't work for a long...

I love RaceRoom, I shared with this game 1965 hours of my life with the huge enjoyment, plus I am spending time sending files and messages like this one too, only because I believe in this game and I like the physics with FFB and sounds and etc, but so much obvious features are missing, please, work harder! Because I do for spending more resources on this.

10. pixeljetstream

pixeljetstream Well-Known Member Beta tester

Ratings:
    +412 / 0 / -0
    Imo it's not about working "harder", the only thing that helps is more programmers. Unfortunately their hiring doesn't seem to go well as all offers are still open for year now.

Having the offers must mean they got some budget for it. It can't be nothing else never realistic to ask for as many positions.

There is multiple top studios in Sweden so hiring is extra tough.

Right now my hope is that some day they can fill those positions, otherwise people will get too frustrated over the pace.

The good thing is that people can always return, once progress is quicker again.

Not meant in any disrespect, as I fully support them, but both Reiza and S3S feel like a "advanced" mod team, who inherited most of the tech they work with, hence both toying with ue4 and such as a accelerated way out of legacy

• Agree Agree x 1
    Last edited: May 27, 2016
  11. Metalogic

Metalogic Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +234 / 0 / -0
    I hated the graphics of AC "out of the box", but with an evening's tweaking managed to get the car graphics looking very nice. The circuits are are so lifeless and dull to look at in AC, though.

I too like the graphics in R3E, for DX9 they're very good, and with the right anti-aliasing settings, look very smooth and clear. The car model graphics may not PCars/AC level but they certainly nothing to be ashamed of.

• Agree Agree x 2
  12. pixeljetstream

pixeljetstream Well-Known Member Beta tester

Ratings:
    +412 / 0 / -0
    Agreed their stuff looks sleek, main tech critique are the car reflections, prefer running on reduced.

All the tiny details people ask for (dirt...) can be done in dx9… it's just that I have the feeling they don't want to waste time on tech, which they know is not gonna last. And keep in mind the simbin people who wrote their renderer may not be at s3s anymore. So it's extra effort changing the legacy.

13. Not Lifting Off

Not Lifting Off Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +368 / 0 / -0
    Fixed that for you ;)
    Car reflections, agree completely, dirt, im sure ive seen scuff n rub marks on cars from contact so if the effect from that is present it shouldnt be too much effort (time) to implement.

Last edited: May 28, 2016
  14. DrDetroit

DrDetroit Member

Ratings:
    +7 / 0 / -0
    Agreed with this. Not sure why but I get FPS drops in the same two-three spots on Green Hell...I have to drop a lot of settings to med to mitigate this issue. I think some areas have issues with the track side graphics (I think trees) and shadows. Same with Monza, gets laggy at the start of the long sweeper after the first chicane and during the last chicane. All other tracks seem fine - at least the ones I drive.

Anyhow, love RRRE, but a few things mentioned above should/need to be implemented and some optimization. If R3E was built around Dx10 or 11 would probably alleviate some of the performance issues.

Anyhow, keep it coming S3S. None the less, I think you guys are doing a good job and it is getting better.

Good day!
    DrDetroit

• Like Like x 1