R3e Damage model

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Andy Blade, Apr 26, 2016.

?

better damge model , more parts coming off , even tire blowouts when completely red !!

1. No damage model fine

3.8%
  2. Yes would love better damage, tire blow outs

96.2%
  1. Supermini

Supermini Member

Ratings:
    +21 / 0 / -0
    Don't worry, that's not typical Forza gameplay, it's the drifting work of a group called Team Blackjack that used to specialize in those sorts of stunts.

2. DirtyriceTX

DirtyriceTX Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +61 / 0 / -0
    Most people that I see quit races isn't due to too much damage, It's because they go off track or get bumped off and they don't have a chance at first anymore, so they're over it. Too many instant gratification queens. In iracing your licenses and irating incentivise you to not just quit out of a race, even if you are doing badly. But in most other sims there is no such thing, so people fall back a little or a lot and they just quit.

Plenty of times i've been in a race in r3e with a few cars ahead and behind me. And the ones behind will slowly start disconnecting one by one just because they have no chance of catching the leader. This is what happens when you give kids trophies for participating :) Obviously in leagues people stick around because there is a point system usually. So I don't see how sector 3 could reduce this problem.

• Dislike Dislike x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  3. kamackeris

kamackeris Active Member

Ratings:
    +31 / 0 / -0
    Yup... I started a race dtm at hockenheim with 20 starters... Ended up with 4 finishers as they all kept getting stop and go penalties for cutting the track... It was pathetic after such a good start to the race!

4. Chocoloco

Chocoloco Member

Ratings:
    +10 / 0 / -0
    Indeed, that's what I experienced as well a couple of times already. Especially when a race lasts 15 minutes or longer people just tend to quit when they're not top of the pack on public servers. Worst case was when we started with a grid of 23 drivers and only two of us finished the race after 20 minutes I think. This was with free content however and some of the players were probably just checking out the game for the first time and got frustrated.

5. Shenmue_X

Shenmue_X Member

Ratings:
    +16 / 0 / -0
    The answer from Sector3 was funny yesterday:

Q: Will FR2 (and FJ) have a damage model?
    Slowest: 'At the moment it's a bug. The damages are there but the car won't distort. We'll look ahead when we get the opportunity.
    But honestly, our damage model is rubbish. Not a lot of ways to make pieces of carbon flying in the air.'

• Like Like x 1
  6. Ernie

Ernie Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +304 / 0 / -0
    Interesting, but who is "Slowest"?

7. Shenmue_X

Shenmue_X Member

Ratings:
    +16 / 0 / -0
    J-F Chardon.

• Funny Funny x 1