R3E Web Dashboard Released

Discussion in 'Community Workshop' started by Stefan Mizzi, Jul 11, 2015.

1. rbn

rbn Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +69 / 0 / -0
    I am administrator but tried it anyways, still the same issue..
    The dashboard does seem to work when going to the url manually.
    Most standard data seems to work (pos,laps,current time, fuel), but sector times are 0, deltas are 0 and live delta is 0.
    Apart from that it crashes now and then when fiddling with the app.

All I want is lap times, sector and live delta on a second monitor, should be possible right?

Here are some more errors from the log:
    2017-05-07 13:57:14,162 [39] ERROR ProRacing.MainForm.cs - System.ArgumentOutOfRangeException: Index was out of range. Must be non-negative and less than the size of the collection.
    Parameter name: index
    2017-05-07 20:34:28,166 [6] ERROR ProRacing.MainForm.cs - The cache could not be cleared.
    System.UnauthorizedAccessException: Access to the path 'data_0' is denied.

The last error does look like a permission issue though.
    Where is the data_0 directory located?

2. Stefan Mizzi

Stefan Mizzi Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +625 / 0 / -0
    data_0 is the folder that holds the web cache for the windowed widgets, they are found here

WidgetLauncher\cache in your installation folder.

To me it seems that all your errors are due to permission issues, no idea why since you said the app was started as admin....

Maybe cause the windowed widgets were open and the app tried to clear them too. Could be the app is still in memory and its locking those files..

Are you using the web or windows widgets to see the sector times and deltas etc? I would need to know what is not working.

Thanks

3. rbn

rbn Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +69 / 0 / -0
    I only get the file not found error when clicking on Open Dashboard or Create Dashboards in the app.
    I don't know what it looks for.

The webserver part seems to work fine, I can view, create widgets and dashboards.

I am using the web widgets. They just stay at the default values of +0.000 or 00:00:000.
    Maybe its related to the file not found error.

4. Stefan Mizzi

Ratings:
    +625 / 0 / -0
    I will try check out why...but do you have these folders in your installation?

upload_2017-5-8_7-59-56.png

Also, what browser do you use?

5. rbn

rbn Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +69 / 0 / -0
    I checked and yes I have these folders.
    There are no files in them except in the locales which contain .pak files.

I use Opera, which is basically Chrome. But I tested with Chrome and IE also.
    My system is Windows 10 Pro.

FYI #1: The app doesn't create an icon in the start menu, don't know if its by design. I have to launch in from the bin directory.
    FYI #2: When launching the installer when the app is already installed, there are two windows ontop of each other. One is the installer wizard, the other one the uninstaller wizard. I was confused why after the installer was run I had to run the uninstall wizard.

Do you have an older version I can test?

Thanks for the help so far!

6. david42fr

david42fr New Member

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0
    Maybe, you should uninstall all the stuff, reboot, and install it again changing de default directory and moving the programdata directory just to be sure you start from scratch?

• Like Like x 1
  7. Stefan Mizzi

Ratings:
    +625 / 0 / -0
    hmm, doesn't sound right, maybe again some rights issue as they are generated by the windows widgets. Or maybe you just did not use them.

The app should create an icon on your desktop like this

upload_2017-5-8_11-52-42.png

Yeah, true, that is very confusing, the installer I use create those windows...first you are supposed to UnInstall and then Install, but like you said, the Install come on top....will try to see if I can do something about it...

I strongly do not suggest this, if there are issues, I prefer to fix them with latest version

8. rbn

rbn Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +69 / 0 / -0
    I installed the app on my laptop and I don't get the file not found error.
    The buttons in the app behave normally, so it must be something on my PC.
    Both machines use Windows 10, same browser, same user rights, UAC, my main desktop uses Avira AV and my laptop Windows defender.
    Starting the app is like 10x faster on my slower laptop, when clicking the icon nothing is happening for like 10s on my desktop.

Conclusion; something is bugging the app, I don't know why, maybe Avira. (Turning off on-access scan didn't help though)
    I just don't want to reinstall my PC because I have no other issues with it.
    So for now I will let it rest, maybe will change AV and see if that helps.

9. Stefan Mizzi

Ratings:
    +625 / 0 / -0
    Hmm, thanks for the update. Anti-virus can be a real bugger! Could it be that the anti-virus doing stuff in the background...

if you wish, you can list me the exact issues here and I can add more debugging and logging and solve them 1 by 1...depends how much you can be arsed :D

10. Toy

Toy New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Sry, any news about my problem? (all widgets working perfectly, but "telemetry chart" and "session data" not... data ).

11. Stefan Mizzi

Ratings:
    +625 / 0 / -0
    Hi mate, been on a holiday with family 2 weeks ago..and now back to work and been craaaazy busy grrrrrrrrr...to make it even worst, the guy who was on my team at worked resigned so now I have to do all the work by myself....anyways....

I have planned to re-write the data and graph screens and it will take some time...I'll try my best :)

PS: I also have a very demanding wife and daughter!

12. Toy

Toy New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    OK! :) No problem!

13. Stefan Mizzi

Ratings:
    +625 / 0 / -0
  14. rbn

rbn Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +69 / 0 / -0
    I feel more like not bothering you to much :D
    I mean you have to develop and fix issues in your spare time and if its only me having these issues it maybe not worth it.

Something is causing the app to load slower on my desktop and the buttons don't work.
    I compared the program files folder to my laptop and its identical in the number of files.

I start the app then the listener and then click the Open Dashboard button then I get this error:
    [​IMG]

But if I got to the IP and Port, which I specified in the settings, I do get the dashboard.

15. Stefan Mizzi

Ratings:
    +625 / 0 / -0
    Hehe, do not feel like that at all, as I take this as an opportunity to learn and also fix the app to make it better for others.

So:

1. Which buttons dont work?

2. That error is coming when the app tries to open your browser automatically for you. There are various ways how one can do that, and the one I use is by checking which default app you use as a browser. And it is of course not working for some reason for you...

I can add extra checks or make you select the option maybe...

16. rbn

rbn Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +69 / 0 / -0
    I know what the problem is for the error message.
    You said it opens the browser by checking the default app. This is where it goes wrong.

My Windows 10 Default Apps are bugged.
    My default browser was set to Opera, but I wanted to change it to IE to test, but it didn't want to change.
    I did a reset of the default apps but my default browser cant be changed at all.
    Its exactly this issue (not my video):

When all apps are default and Edge is my browser the Open Dashboard buttons works fine.
    So this problem can be put to rest, its not missing any file obviously. The error message was a bit deceiving.

• Like Like x 1
  17. satanas

satanas New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Bonjour :

J'ai téléchargé la dernière version de ProRacing Dashboard Manager la 1.6.3.4_x64 et il ne veux plus se lancer depuis .J'ai essayé de remettre une ancienne version mais il ne veut plus rien savoir non plus est ce que quelqu un déjà eu ce problème ?

Merci

J'ai ce message d 'erreur :

An error has occured. Please send this message to app creator : Une exception de type 'System.OutOfMemoryException' a été levée.
    [​IMG]

Hello :

I downloaded the latest version of ProRacing Dashboard Manager the 1. 6. 3. 4_x64 and it does not want to start anymore. I tried to deliver an old version but it does not want to know anything either is what someone already had this problem?

Thank you

I have this error message:

An error has occured. Please send this message to app creator: An exception of type 'System. OutOfMemoryException 'has been thrown.
    [​IMG]

Attached Files:

18. Stefan Mizzi

Ratings:
    +625 / 0 / -0
    Seems like a memory issue! Make sure you make a clean install. Tomorrow I'll check your error in detail.

Cheers
    Stefan

19. Stefan Mizzi

Ratings:
    +625 / 0 / -0
    So I have checked your error and it seems that you are using some corrupted version as the app is trying to load the old Sector 3 json file.

Please make a clean/fresh install (delete everything manually) and let me know if the error persists.

Cheers
    Stefan

20. satanas

satanas New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I will put everything to clean and install the program again.

Thank you.