News RaceRoom Ranked Championship

Discussion in 'News & Announcements' started by RaceRoom, May 2, 2022.

1. ravey1981

ravey1981 Well-Known Member Beta tester

Ratings:
    +873 / 0 / -0
    Well a lower rated player would never win overall. Because they aren't as good as higher rated players.

2. Vale

Vale Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +279 / 0 / -0
    True, and it discourages people from losing rating deliberately to be in a lower tier, however it also means the only incentive to be in the lower tiers is to be in a matchmaked championship and to play for pride.

Yet to be accepted for entry in the first place, the higher the rating the higher the chances, which is a little contradictory to the spirt of the tiers, isn´t it?

3. FeltHλt

FeltHλt Moderator Beta tester

Ratings:
    +479 / 0 / -0
    first, what list?
    second, start using english pls, translator if necessary

4. J.Bell

J.Bell New Member

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0
    Ist Englisch hier Pflicht als komunikation ?

5. ravey1981

Ratings:
    +873 / 0 / -0
    Well the truth is that in racing, both online and real is that 95% of drivers aren't there to win. Most drivers aren't good enough to win. Imo racing for 20th place, or 40th or whatever is still worthwhile, it's the racing that counts. That's why 99% of racers race, because they enjoy it, and most spend their own money is vast amounts to go and do it, knowing full well they aren't going to win. That goes for every race series in the entire world. Again both real and sim.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  6. Vale

Vale Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +279 / 0 / -0
    Right, same as most sports, the winners are in the top 2% so then why have this rule about using rating (e.g. ability) to decide on invites?

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. ravey1981

Ratings:
    +873 / 0 / -0
    No idea, other than with limited spaces there has to be some mechanism? It could be first come first served, or it could be random I suppose. The thinking may be that it means people will need to engage in the ranked system in order to attempt to raise their numbers?

8. nickh158

nickh158 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +69 / 0 / -0
    My point precisely. I guarantee 100% that this is what's going to happen. At least there will be different entries for each class, because they'll be racing at the same time.

9. nickh158

nickh158 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +69 / 0 / -0
    This line "Everyone can participate in the Rookie Series, even drivers new to the Ranked System without Reputation"
    needs to be deleted, because it's not true.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  10. majuh

majuh Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +257 / 0 / -0
    To be honest, 72 * 3 = 216 drivers is quite a lot. There is room for way more drivers than the number of drivers that participated in the ADAC GT Masters Community Monday rounds.

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. Fastnici

Fastnici New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    sorry im registered but i dont received mail with server password thanks

12. The Tramp

The Tramp New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Heya :)
    Great to see Raceroom evolving those past years towards some awesome competitions!
    I just love this sim. [insert 10000 reasons why here]

I was wondering if the 3 time attack competitions being opened could be used as a qualifier to the splits of each classes?
    It's quiet a common thing with community races on other plateforms to have a time attack qualifier that allows drivers that meets a given requirement (reputation) to fight for a spot in the broadcasted top split (and split drivers by their speed on any given combo rather than a global rating).

It wouldn't be split by amount of time driven in the game (although I can understand why), but by the implication of each driver to compete to this race/championship and have access to a better split. It could be for the whole competition of even for each races of the championship to mix things up and allow someone with time to train, learn the next combo and do the time attack to try and get more points for the whole thing.

If you haven't recorded a time attack run, you could still register but would only get the bottom split leftovers slots, ordered by Rating would make sense here :).

Not gonna lie, being in a race broadcasted is pretty fun and exciting experience, I bet there'll be a lot of drivers willing to try and hit a proper time on time attack to get in the gold split for each classes.

Perhaps it's been discussed before but I wanted to give my little take on the subject :) what do you think?

I'll time attack and have a ton of fun no matter what, hopefully if I make it in the lucky 74 of the AM class ;)

13. FeltHλt

FeltHλt Moderator Beta tester

Ratings:
    +479 / 0 / -0
    It's called Ranked Championship for a reason, thats why ranked stats are used for entries. With leaderboard hotlaps it would be just another esport series.
    I dont get that leftover slots comment- with time attack all slots would be filled

14. ravey1981

Ratings:
    +873 / 0 / -0
    As above, it's also intended that it increases participation in the whole of the ranked system, rather than everyone just hotlapping a time attack for 2 weeks.

• Agree Agree x 1
  15. Stelcio

Stelcio Active Member

Ratings:
    +39 / 0 / -0
    You need to take one thing into consideration - you can only apply for one of the three series. Which means most of the top drivers will gravitate towards Pro series and compete with each other for spots, leaving the lower series for lower rated drivers. There's very little chance that top drivers will almost evenly distribute themselves along all series. Few will probably happen, as they always did on Bronze servers during the weekly events, but that will be most likely it.

And let's remember that this is only the very first iteration of the ranked championship. Next seasons will be adjusted appropriately to how the participation turns out. They can add more Pro series if top drivers actually dominate the entries; they can add more Rookie series, if there's a huge interest from lower ranked players; and so on. I think the best thing we can do is to apply and see what happens. It's not supposed to be perfectly set up right from the get go, but they need entries to know the demand.

16. majuh

majuh Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +257 / 0 / -0
    Those emails are only going to be sent after the deadline next monday.

• Agree Agree x 1
  17. CaptainCoffee

CaptainCoffee Esports Manager Beta tester

Ratings:
    +202 / 0 / -0
    It is true though.

There are 72 spots available for rookies. If every driver that registers for rookies are under 1499.999 rating, new ranked drivers will get to drive because they start at 1500 rating.

To all with doubts of not receiving an email after registering:

An email will be sent only to the invited drivers on the Monday after the registration deadline. You will not receive a confirmation mail as there is a confirmation text after submitting the form successfully and if there is an error, the form can not submit :)

• Like Like x 1
  18. Robert Hermann

Robert Hermann New Member

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0
    I did fill out the request form two weeks ago, and never received an answer. Therer were two mondays since.

19. CaptainCoffee

CaptainCoffee Esports Manager Beta tester

Ratings:
    +202 / 0 / -0
    Registration is still open atm: "The Monday _after registration has closed_ an email will be send"

• Like Like x 2
  20. 7thSon

7thSon New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    did anyone got email?