Reach the top?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Ocaso Dorado, May 27, 2015.

1. Ocaso Dorado

Ocaso Dorado Active Member

Ratings:
    +36 / 0 / -0
    I'm new to this game, My favorite class so far is ADAC MASTERS 2014, I started playing as amateur, now I driving fairly well on Get real. I have started to experiment with different set up based on track layouts, and my times have improved a lot. However I'm still far to reach best laps on challenge mode. I started playing AI on 88%, now I'm beating AI 95% I'm ready to go AI 100%... but I think the level of human players stands... around... 150%...

Now i feel I'm driving over the limit... need a clue to reach or at least be close those best laps...

:eek:!!!!

2. shardshunt

shardshunt Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +490 / 0 / -0
    first off be proud of 100!
    I would put your hardcore non alien at no more than 105-120 depending on car/track. With your performance i recommend you try racing online in one of the groups to learn race craft and consistency. The fact is that judging your self against both the leader-boards and the ai is not the best way to rate your performance, they are great learning tools and good fun but the only way to really see how far you are from the average is to join one of our groups and race online.
    try
    - Eat Sleep Race
    - Gear ex
    - RRNAUZ

ps I doubt many people could beat the ai at 150% because at that point they are no longer obeying the same physical rules as the player.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  3. Jay Ekkel

Jay Ekkel Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +412 / 0 / -0
    Just as an fyi, I normally race around 105% for a good race, and around 110% to get my ass handed to me and I want a real challenge to get some points in. I have been (sim)racing for many years now and when I am 2-3 seconds off the really fast guys, I am very content with myself. Reaching alien status is not for me! ;)

keep up the good pace and as mentioned above, try to join some club/league races on MP, its the next step! ;)

• Like Like x 4
  4. D.Boon

D.Boon Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +386 / 0 / -0
    DTM 2014 AI @ 120 are about 6 seconds a lap faster then their real world counterparts, @ 110, 3 seconds @ 100, bang on the money. I did a test recently, I couldn't understand how they were so much faster in the braking zones, around the corners and on the exits... now I know lol.

I use 105 difficulty for DTM btw, 110 on a circuit I know I'm strong at.

• Informative Informative x 1
  5. Jona777

Jona777 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +409 / 0 / -0
    I have always found this video useful.. Not only for Fuji..
    What he explains in this 15min, you should do for every track as well :p Being it in your head.. Or otherwise make boards as he does..
    Also watch how easy he drives and slight corrections he makes on exiting..

Ps: dont forget to put up the subtitles o_O And sorry it features a different game, he clearly doesnt know raceroom :D

• Like Like x 1
  6. Ocaso Dorado

Ratings:
    +36 / 0 / -0
    looks risky... I'll try it out

• Like Like x 1
  7. Ocaso Dorado

Ratings:
    +36 / 0 / -0
    I thought people was waiting long on dedicated servers to make clubs, from time to time I join ordinary multiplayer online races... I doubt my system can support many drivers in a race... and yep I barely can keep the their pace, I was thinking they put some venom in their cars.