REAL without BoP

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Tuborg, Jul 3, 2015.

1. Tuborg

Tuborg Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +457 / 0 / -0
    It would be fantastic if we could drive the cars without balancing.
    A real REAL mode without any "Balance of Performance ".

A mode where the cars behave as close to original as possible.
    Just for "Practice".

Just for fun! :)

Edit:
    I guess I was not clear enough. A mode with unbalenced performance would only be for
    "Practice" or maybe Leaderbords. Not for racing online or against other players.

We have Novice, Amateur and Expert (Get real). Why not a Get real without BOP?
    That would be REAL :cool:

• Agree Agree x 8
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
    Last edited: Jul 3, 2015
  2. oppolo

oppolo Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +47 / 0 / -0
    GT3 and adac have BOP also in real, do you mean the upcoming touring pack with BOP?
    btw, has G5 BOP?

3. Jay Ekkel

Jay Ekkel Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +412 / 0 / -0
    Every class currently in the game has BOP, otherwise it unbalances gameplay and grids are filled with that fastest car alone and you will run into a Pay2Win situation, which is something we really want to avoid.

• Agree Agree x 14
    • Winner Winner x 4
    • Like Like x 2
  4. Tuborg

Tuborg Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +457 / 0 / -0
    Not in competitions. I mean only when driving alone in "Practice".

5. theravenousbeast

theravenousbeast Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +155 / 0 / -0
    I don't think the majority want vanilla GTR2 multiplayer all over again.

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. Tuborg

Tuborg Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +457 / 0 / -0
    This has nothing to do with Multiplayer.

7. theravenousbeast

theravenousbeast Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +155 / 0 / -0
    Do you really expect s3 to make separate physics for SP and MP?

8. Cheeseman

Cheeseman Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +265 / 0 / -0
    I dont think it is worth the effort to do 2 sets of physics with one set that will never be widely used.

Without BoP in the Touring Legends pack, the Skyline will literally destroy every Group A in the game which it isnt fun for anyone.

9. Matej Lakota

Matej Lakota Active Member

Ratings:
    +44 / 0 / -0
    Personaly for me is not a problem racing with slower car if it represents real life "strenght". It is not everything in winning, to have fine battle with slower car in in the middle with the pack of faster ones around could be even more exciting than fighting for podium.

My beloved GTL car ...
    [​IMG]

... and some online fights against "Big Boys" :)

• Like Like x 4
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  10. Rodger Davies

Rodger Davies Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +594 / 0 / -0
    Even the Mercedes 190E? Genuine question, I don't know the era very well.

11. oppolo

oppolo Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +47 / 0 / -0
    it could be fun for good drivers figthing for podium with s slower car, like happened in GPL, but here the system selling is different....so....

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  12. opelman

opelman Active Member

Ratings:
    +33 / 0 / -0
    Yes. I want also drive whit godzilla. Not turtles.

• Like Like x 1
  13. Alessandro Greghi

Alessandro Greghi Member

Ratings:
    +6 / 0 / -0
    At cost of some disagree here, i think i will prefer if the cars performance are the most realistic possible; if ballast and air restrictor are implemented and configurable on the server, leagues can always use them (same for the official servers) in order to balance the different cars (if needed), no? only my 2c :)

• Agree Agree x 7
  14. Jona777

Jona777 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +409 / 0 / -0
    I personally dont mind a BOP in modern day cars, gt3, gt2, LMP2, DTM,.. since it is done all the time before every track!

For older cars this is tricky.. But i feel raceroom handles this very well.. I dont think the R32 will be easily beaten within its class, if driven by a decent driver that is.. :p Let's see

• Agree Agree x 1
  15. Rodger Davies

Rodger Davies Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +594 / 0 / -0
    I don't really mind which decision is taken here and I understand the BoP logic entirely with this business model, although I will add that my favourite/most memorable online races have been when I've had a worse car than the opposition and I've been holding them off, or desperately overdriving to hang on to the back of the leaders, especially in several GTR2 mods such as Power & Glory.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  16. Cheeseman

Cheeseman Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +265 / 0 / -0
    I am not very well versed with GroupA but I know even Ford Sierra perform better than the 190E and E30 in Group A back in those days. Cars like 635 and the Volvo won't stand a chance with that Skyline in most cases. Then, the Skyline came and outperform the Sierra.

Both the Sierra and subsequently, the Skyline are a beast in early 90s. Even after various BoPs in subsequent years with much heavier ballast tanks and restrictors, the Skyline still perform better than its peers in Group A.

If there isn't any BoP, people would be crying pay 2 win because competitive players will not buy other cars than the Skyline. If there is a non BoP setting, I really do not see much point of having it other than for novelty for the first few times.

It was fun to drive the non BoP version Ford Sierra in PCARS for the first few times as it was quite challenging to keep the car on the road but it gets old after a while when you can easily outrun E30 and 190E on almost every straight.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  17. Tuborg

Tuborg Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +457 / 0 / -0
    No
    There are not two sets with different physics required . With and without the BOP.

• Like Like x 1
  18. Tuborg

Tuborg Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +457 / 0 / -0
    Actually , it's a little frustrating ...:(

I presented an idea I have, I get a response from the Devs (Jay Ekkel ) . He misunderstands my idea. And what happens next ...
    ... everyone "likes" and "agrees" to this misunderstanding :D

Well not everyone :)

19. Jona777

Jona777 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +409 / 0 / -0
    I understand what you are trying to say.. But it doesnt look as if you get a lot of support on this idea/request at the moment.. :) But probably the devs are already having brainstormsessions about this ;)

It sure would be fun but me personally would never use it.. And with me a lot of drivers i think because The current bop already favours the better cars per class i feel.. Especially in the older classes..

• Like Like x 1
  20. oppolo

oppolo Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +47 / 0 / -0
    on the main line I agree with you, but I am aware of the problem "pay2win", so is it worth in a offline mode where we can setting how strong the AI is? I don't know....another possibility should be a race with only one kind of car, but is it worth to have the same car with 2 kind of performances?