Reducing bump effect FFB settings

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Mike S, Dec 8, 2016.

1. Mike S

Mike S Member

Ratings:
    +22 / 0 / -0
    Anyone have suggestions on how to reduce the amount of bumps that come through the wheel from road surface and curbs?

Right now i've got a T500 and i've played around with moving the vertical load slider down to 0 and I still get a fair amount of bump impact.

What's the best way to reduce this?

2. Andy Blade

Andy Blade Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +302 / 0 / -0
    There is curb effects lower down in settings
    Are you using ffb meter ingame to check for clipping and adjust each car as necessary ?

3. Peter Koch

Peter Koch Well-Known Member Beta tester

Ratings:
    +191 / 0 / -0
    • Like Like x 2
  4. Mike S

Mike S Member

Ratings:
    +22 / 0 / -0
    Thanks guys. Settings as follows:

T500
    60/100/100/0/0

FFB Intensity:100
    Smoothing:10
    FFB Spring:10
    Damper:1

Steering Intensity:50
    Min FFB:0
    Understeer:55
    Vertical Load:150
    Lat Load: 50
    Steering Rack: 40

I run a steering ratio of 1.6-2.0 depending upon car. It's better, but the only way I can get rid of all the bumps is to up the steering rack which takes away feel.

5. nate

nate Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +875 / 0 / -0
    Getting rid of the bumps is going to be rather difficult unless you really turn down the strength of the FFB, or turn it off entirely. Since kerbs arent always perfectly flat and are often times those 3d sawtooth style kerbs, the tires on your car are going to feel that variation. Same as if you are driving on a road surface that is bumpy. Take Hungaroring before it was resurfaces or Zolder right now. Bumpy tracks in general.

You say you already tried turning down Vertical Load, but I would still probably recommend keeping it below 100. This wont entirely get rid of bumps or a strong rumble when going over kerbs, but it will still help to a point.

Beyond that, I dont think there is a whole lot that would help. You could add a lot more smoothing to get rid of the FFB spikes when going over kerbs, at the loss of fidelity in the FFB at all times though.

Are you familiar with .ini files and editing them? You could try to make some small adjustments in your control profile which may be of a small benefit, but again, I dont think this would get rid of the rumble over kerbs entirely.

Be sure to go to control settings in game, choose the secondary settings, and map a key for the FFB monitor. Then enable when you are out on track driving and see if the FFB you are using is too strong and clipping. Perhaps your FFB strength in general should be lowered.