Problem REFUND REQUESTED: North American Player YOU LIED

Discussion in 'Community Support' started by Husky42, Jan 27, 2016.

1. Husky42

Husky42 New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Refund Requested:
    I hate requesting a refund, I absolutely love this gam

However, due to Sector3 saying that only European Players can compete competitively this is not acceptable.

I love this game, I defend it on Steam in regards to the pricing model but this.If we will NEVER be allowed and these competitions are only restricted to euro's and will always be this way, i want my money back..

Or at least PROVE to us that your going to fix the broken net code instead of being lazy

• Dislike x 4
    • Disagree x 2
    • Funny x 2
    • Useful x 1
    • Wonderful x 1
    • Creative x 1
    Last edited: Jan 27, 2016
  2. n01sname

n01sname Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +956 / 0 / -0
    Seriously ? Bit late to complain, don't you think ? It was announced right from the beginning and they do it to maintain online consistency (cause there were issues with the previous DTM Cup anyway).I assume that you decided to participate without checking the ground rules obviously, don't you ? Or did you expect some last-minute miracle ?
    So who's the only one to blame ?
    You only expose yourself here so please man up accept the inevitable and stop crying.
    Lord :) :rolleyes:

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. Azfalt Raser

Azfalt Raser Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +162 / 0 / -0
    Wait.....wut? o_O North American players can't enter the contests? Is there anything else North American players can't do?

Sorry if i don't read the fine print, but my old eyes can't even read a restaurant menu. I guess that would explain why I get Error 503 so often.... doesn't matter.

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  4. Husky42

Husky42 New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Bite me. They advertise the game and all of its features as being available to EVERYBODY. Then because they do not have the resources and refuse to fix the broken net code they restrict participants. Now if they had said from the BEGINNING that all competitions like this would be restricted then MAYBE it would be OK. But its not, they started by allowing others to participate and then are like, whelp our game broken so screw the rest of you.

That is not ok.

• Dislike Dislike x 1
  5. Christian G

Christian G Topological Agitator Beta tester

Ratings:
    +2,411 / 0 / -0
    Where?

6. shardshunt

shardshunt Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +490 / 0 / -0
    just the one contest, actually just half of the contest.

• Useful Useful x 1
  7. nate

nate Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +875 / 0 / -0
    That isnt going to get you anywhere.

The game is available to everyone all over the planet. To you, to me, to the average joe living the the middle of antartica. The only thing that is slightly restricted is the finale for the DTM Winter/Spring cups. It's been this way since their inception, not just this currently ongoing one.

Every single other competition, leaderboard, MP race, Single player race, hot lap, etc. is available to you. This is literally 0.01% of the game you are nitpicking on.

Why is it this way? Well that is already stated... The organizers of the event, which happen to be separate from Sector3, want each user in the race to have a good, lag free experience. If you have a user from South America, North America, Canada, South Africa, Australia, Japan, Russia, Iceland, etc. all on the same server, everyone's ping would be astronomical and everyone would see everyone else lag, teleport, warp, blink, and all sorts of other issues.

Restricting the finale to just European residents ensures that the pings wont be 200+. There are very few people that are actually complaining about this.

But since you are, let me share some perspective. I am from the west coast of the US. I play Rocket League and play fairly competitively. Many of the better players are from the east coast and tournaments are hosted with US east servers. So naturally, that is already a fair distance away. On those servers, I get ~80-120 ping. Not too bad right? Well sometimes the game is just unplayably bad due to the perception of lag. Things not happening as I would expect. And in a fast paced game that relies on split second decision making, as well as proper placement, this is a huge competitive disadvantage. Frankly, even if I wanted to, I could not play on European servers in RL. The lag is egregiously horrendous.

R3E's servers are quite good by comparison. I can race my fellow pals in England, Germany, and all over the rest of Europe with a ping of ~120, and be side by side without issue.

However the organizers want to ensure that the race isnt tarnished by some nasty netcode issues, and this minor restriction helps to solidify that goal.

Did you read any of the terms before playing and then complaining? They are clearly stated on the same page you click "enter competition" from. ;)

This is OK. It would probably serve you well to not just copy this quote that Oggy from PRC uses when he is trying to persuade others.

And on that note, if you want to have a constructive discussion about R3E, your perceived flaws with the game, and what Sector3 can do to improve... this forum will have open arms and attentive ears.

But if you want to berate, bitch, swear at other users, swear at the devs, demand things, and be vitriolic, please dont come back. :)

Cheers

• Winner Winner x 5
    • Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 2
    • Wonderful Wonderful x 2
    Last edited: Jan 28, 2016
  8. Sean Kenney

Sean Kenney Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +316 / 0 / -0
    really????

God lord where is the human race going...

• Funny Funny x 1
  9. Azfalt Raser

Azfalt Raser Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +162 / 0 / -0
    apparently, some didn't make it to the starting grid. :p

**edit**
    Sorry. My joke ^^ wasn't directed at anyone specific.

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
  10. fischhaltefolie

fischhaltefolie Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,042 / 0 / -0
    That's a good reason for me not to complain, 'cause I'll never make it to the final.
    Thank god im slow enough:p

• Funny Funny x 5
  11. Mich Angel

Mich Angel Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +216 / 0 / -0
    ???
    Don't get what it is you yaping about... it clearly state what rules aplay to the competition, so it does with many of the competitions and some you cant join cause you dont have the track or cars.... isn't that a problem for you too then?? or is it just this cause you didn't read the conditions for the competition before you tryed to join it.. you realise you can't and that made you upset and now you are overdoing it to let people around you know how upset you are, there is a word for that behavior... not that I going to type it here.. But I think you need to think about how this look, if you care what people think about you..!

12. mr_belowski

mr_belowski Well-Known Member Beta tester

Ratings:
    +1,307 / 0 / -0
    I preferred the original version of his post which was full of grown up language and called the devs "lazy c*nts".

Feeble minded entitled cock face. Ooo look, I can do swearing too. I'll probably edit this later so I don't look like a total bell end.

I hope you get your refund so you can sod off and I never have to read your hateful dim-witted drivel again

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Like Like x 2
    • Dislike Dislike x 2
  13. D.Boon

D.Boon Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +386 / 0 / -0
    There was another post? Damn, I must have missed it.
    This thread has made for some interesting and entertaining reading while I've had my morning coffee though, thanks guys.

@nate I consider myself fairly well educated, had to look up a couple of the words you used though, kudos for the vocabularly but please man, not before coffee next time :p
    Oh, and sort your avatar out man!

@Husky42 you only signed up yesterday and it appears that you've only done it to complain, you've got 13 hours and 56 completed laps under your belt despite having quite a lot of content, I wonder... What makes you think your qualified to talk about the "broken" net code and exactly how easy do you think it is to fix? Can you do it? Can you honestly tell me and everyone on the forum and those reading as guests, that you can take that net code and make it stable for everyone across the world to all meet up on the same server based in one particular part of the the world?
    To be honest, I'm not convinced it's that simple.

I won't deny that R3E has problems in certain areas but, they are constantly being worked on, Sector3Studios is a small team with limited resources, quite frankly, to get to the stage they have with R3E compared to where it was even a year a go, would simply put major developers to shame.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  14. nate

nate Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +875 / 0 / -0
    I do what I can to keep the non-native English speakers confused ;) Hey wait, that line only works when I use it in response to Christian :p

And there goes my anonymity without the little question mark next to my name... Thanks for the heads up though.

Completely agree here. Often times, complaints (even worded harshly) are valid. There are problems with R3E like there are with every game. However, many of these issues take a lot more work to figure out a comprehensive solution for than just stuffing a programmer in the closet for the afternoon and telling him to hack up a solution.

Oh, wouldnt that be a wonderful way to solve all of our problems though? :rolleyes:

There are certain fixes for some netcode problems being tried out by the devs with the beta-testers. Hopefully these do in fact improve things for the majority of users.

That said... even these fixes arent sure things. As a tester, it is hard to know if the intended fix is truly a solution if you didnt experience the problem before. So how do you know if the fix actually works?

That's also why simply complaining about a problem, whatever it is, might not always result in things getting fixed. If the devs cant reproduce the issue, and just think the problem is some person ranting on a forum, how are they supposed to be able to fix it?

Cheers

• Agree Agree x 1
  15. Christian G

Christian G Topological Agitator Beta tester

Ratings:
    +2,411 / 0 / -0
    Nice avatar.
    You and your splendilicious vocabulary. :p

16. n01sname

n01sname Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +956 / 0 / -0
    Good observation Ronin....like mr.belowski I responded to the original non-edited post - someone else responded with STFU before (and ereased it or an admin) which didn't make anything better tbh....nevertheless...:rolleyes:

17. chrisnj

chrisnj Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +78 / 0 / -0
    You do swear with the best of them Crew Chief. 'Sweary messages' ON.

• Funny Funny x 1
  18. Not Lifting Off

Not Lifting Off Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +368 / 0 / -0
    This didnt really need to be dragged into the conversation its not there now so somebody saw some kind of sense, as for not reading his drivel, hit ignore.

19. chrisnj

chrisnj Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +78 / 0 / -0

Wut are you talking about now? Another late night irritated rant? So far all ive seen from you is shit stirring.... But Eh guess im feeling that way as well lol.:rolleyes:

20. Not Lifting Off

Not Lifting Off Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +368 / 0 / -0
    o_O

Edit - Sometimes its like the blind leading the blind!

• Agree Agree x 1