HUD ReHUD - A custom overlay for RaceRoom

Discussion in 'Community Workshop' started by Yuval Rosen, Jul 23, 2023.

Tags:
  1. Yuval Rosen

Yuval Rosen Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +49 / 0 / -0
    Could be, let me know if you find anything.

2. NotTheDude

NotTheDude New Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    i've just made the switch from Otterhud to ReHUD and so far loving it. A lot more simple than Otterhud and MUCH more reliable :)

quick question re scaling of the items. You mentioned to select "edit" then scroll over the window, however I'm not seeing any way of resizing them at all, only to move them. They're all a little bit too big for me so would be good to reduce the size down a little. Am I being dumb/blind here? Thanks

3. Yuval Rosen

Ratings:
    +49 / 0 / -0
    If you can move them, you can also change their size. Just scroll over them with your mouse, and they'll scale up/down.

• Like Like x 1
  4. NotTheDude

NotTheDude New Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    ah yes, so it was me being dumb then! I misread what you meant by "scroll" over them with the mouse...perfect! Thanks loads, it's looking really good with the resizing now, keep up the good work :)

• Like Like x 1
  5. Peter Bakus

Peter Bakus New Member

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0
    Hi guys, I installed ReHud and its running on windows but not in my game ,can you help me please?

In R3E when I click the ESC and return to the game so I get a ReHud but data does not read, is not active and does not take data with the game.?

Thank you

Last edited: Jan 7, 2024
  6. Maskerader

Maskerader Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +356 / 0 / -0
    Looks like your game is in fullscreen mode. ReHUD is intended to work when the game is in window or borderless window mode.

You can still try to make it work in fullscreen, but it's not recommended and Yuval won't be able to help if it doesn't work properly. Things to try:
    - Return to pits one more time.
    - If it doesn't help, then alt-tab out of the game to ReHUD settings window, press Edit, Save, then alt-tab back to the game. Return to pits a couple time again if needed.
    - If it still doesn't work, then exit the game, run ReHUD first, then run the game. Try previous steps if needed.

• Like Like x 2
  7. Peter Bakus

Peter Bakus New Member

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0
    ...thanks a lot for you reply with help. I will try it tomorrow as Im running Raceroom in fullscreen on my 49'' screen.

P.S. how to run Raceroom windowed pls?thx

8. Maskerader

Maskerader Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +356 / 0 / -0
    Settings - Video - Display mode.

• Like Like x 1
  9. PanVlk

PanVlk Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +47 / 0 / -0
    Just took the hud into ranked for the first time and I had a big issue with it. For some reason after couple minutes it became extremely delayed (like 10-20s), therefore unusable. Restart of the app solved it temporarily, but the issue reappeared again very soon. It manifested on two different ranked servers.

10. Yuval Rosen

Ratings:
    +49 / 0 / -0
    Hi, thanks for reporting the issue.
    Could you please attach your log file here? (Launch ReHUD, in the settings window, click on "Show Log File")

11. PanVlk

PanVlk Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +47 / 0 / -0
    This is the log file. Thanks for looking into it.

Attached Files:

• Informative Informative x 1
  12. Chris61

Chris61 New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Hello,
    I've been using ReHud for a while now, and I like it and it suits me perfectly :)
    I just wanted to know what the number under each tyre means?
    Thanks

13. Yuval Rosen

Ratings:
    +49 / 0 / -0
    The number under the big percentage number in each tire specifies how much the tire wears per lap. For example: 2.4pL means 2.4% per lap.
    (Average in the current session)

• Like Like x 1
    Last edited: Jan 16, 2024
  14. morsify

morsify Active Member

Ratings:
    +36 / 0 / -0
    Just an idea/suggestion, any chance of adding flags icon?
    A couple of small suggestions/feedback. Any chance of adding green/yellow/blue flags icon. Also, Any possibility of a percentage number on the damage indicators? (I currently use a combination of Herve's Simhub, ReHud and Second monitor, & sometimes some of the default game icons, they are all very good, but each gives me something that the other doesn't haha).

15. Yuval Rosen

Ratings:
    +49 / 0 / -0
    Flags - already implemented in game and are enabled if you use the "Essentials Only" option in the RaceRoom HUD settings (which you should, as I do not plan on adding existing RaceRoom features to ReHUD). Might consider it for the future to maybe make things easier, but definitely won't come soon.

Damage percentage number - do they actually mean anything? I didn't really want to include them because I don't think specific values mean specific things, so better to just keep it simple and not show them, as I find the progress bars along with what I feel from the car to be more than enough.

16. morsify

morsify Active Member

Ratings:
    +36 / 0 / -0
    That's fair enough, it's just that 'flags' is the only default icon I actually want, but if I switch 'Essentials only' on, I also get other messages such as pit speed limit, come up while in pit lane, which I don't really want.
    And the percentages, that's because I have been creating a DIY career spreadsheet, where I calculate my outgoing costs (purchase of car, livery, entry fees etc), and incoming prize money. My damage costs in each session are based on the percentage of damage to each car part, so it's useful to me, but I understand what you're saying.
    Anyway, thank you for replying, your Rehud is very much appreciated, it's a great app.

17. Yuval Rosen

Ratings:
    +49 / 0 / -0
    Hmmm, I understand. Will try adding both then. Flags with lower priority since it already exists in game, and percentages will arrive when I implement custom per-element settings, which I'm afraid also won't come in the near future as I have a rather busy semester and don't have much time to work on ReHUD.

Thanks for the feedback!

• Like Like x 1
  18. morsify

morsify Active Member

Ratings:
    +36 / 0 / -0
    That's very good of you, I feel a bit guilty as I'm sure you're right that the majority don't need to see these numbers. So don't break your back over it, but if it is something that is easy to implement as an option at some point, it would be greatly appreciated here!

19. Yuval Rosen

Ratings:
    +49 / 0 / -0
    No need to feel guilty, I'm managing my efforts the way I feel is right. If I truly thought it's useless - I wouldn't have said I'll add them, and since I don't think they're critical features, they're just added to the backlog to be implemented at some point.

• Like Like x 1
  20. Yuval Rosen

Ratings:
    +49 / 0 / -0
    @nor_bak Done! Added both of these features to v0.8.0-beta.

• Like Like x 1