HUD ReHUD - A custom overlay for RaceRoom

Discussion in 'Community Workshop' started by Yuval Rosen, Jul 23, 2023.

Tags:
  1. nolive721

nolive721 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +77 / 0 / -0
    Sorry naive question but does that HUD now work out of the box in VR or this needs to be run via crew chief as I saw in the OP first feedback?
    Thanks

2. Maskerader

Maskerader Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +356 / 0 / -0
    No. You still need to use other programs to put it in VR (like CrewChief or OpenKneeboard).

• Informative Informative x 1
  3. nolive721

nolive721 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +77 / 0 / -0
    Thanks
    Never been digging into crew chief so need to start learning then

4. Goffik

Goffik Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +170 / 0 / -0
    It's been a while since I used anything other than the in-game HUD. Is there any way of making this work with OpenComposite? The Crew Chief VR options aren't available without SteamVR, and I couldn't seem to find a way to get OpenKneeboard working with it either.

OtterHUD appears to be working ok for the moment (singleplayer), but I'm guessing there are issues somewhere given that this HUD was created at all.

5. Maskerader

Ratings:
    +356 / 0 / -0
    The issues are occasional freezes, drops in performance and the worst is the white screen when OtterHUD crashes in-game browser (it's effectively a race over because you don't see anything other than the HUD). If you don't have issues with how it's working and are fine with the risks of white screen, then continue using it, we aren't forced to use ReHUD. There are also two other webhuds that you can try:
    - https://github.com/sector3studios/webhud
    - https://forum.kw-studios.com/index.php?threads/another-custom-webhud.19310/

6. Brian Smith

Brian Smith New Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    Trying to setup this for first time. I'd been using Otterhud but liked the sound of this. When I get into Raceroom the Hud appears on my Desktop behind raceroom. Not sure whats going on. If I have the ReHUD interface on my 2nd screen and press edit the hud jumps onto the front and is visible in Raceroom. As soon as I change focus to the Raceroom window by clicking on it though it disappears to desktop behind raceroom.

I could be missing something silly but anyone has any idea help would be appreciated.

7. majuh

majuh Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +257 / 0 / -0
    Are you running the game in borderless-windowed or windowed mode?

8. Brian Smith

Brian Smith New Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    Fullscreen mode. It worked ok with otterhud. So didn't think that'd be a problem.

9. Mike Kara

Mike Kara Member

Ratings:
    +7 / 0 / -0
    it is a problem since this is different technology basically
    most 3rd party apps/huds won't work on full screen in any game
    otterhud was/is rare exception because of the way it was applied to the game I guess

Last edited: Apr 13, 2024
  10. Brian Smith

Brian Smith New Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    oh thats disappointing. Maybe need to see if I can get otterhud working again. I've tried borderless but it just isnt as smooth as fullscreen on mines @ 120hz. I spent ages tinkering with it but fullscreen just always was totally rock solid.

11. Brian Smith

Brian Smith New Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    When I press edit and it shows up on top of raceroom it looks like its working totally fine too. Not until I click on it that it just disappears. There plenty of things using overlays in fullscreen mode with no issue...steam for instance.

12. Maskerader

Ratings:
    +356 / 0 / -0
    I use ReHUD in fullscreen but this is not how it's intended to work, so Yuval won't be able to help if something doesn't work. Yes, there are programs that can show ontop of your game in fullscreen, Yuval tried but hasn't been able to make ReHUD behave like that.

I use only one screen, so don't know how it will interact with two, and it's still quite fiddly, but this is what I do:
    1) run ReHUD, run the game, start your racing session;
    2) alt-tab to ReHUD settings, click Edit, Save, then (this is important) alt-tab directly to Raceroom window;
    3) click Drive, then Esc and return to garage, repeat Drive>garage if needed.

If it still doesn't show, also repeat Step 2. Any time you alt-tab the HUD will disappear in the game and you'll need repeat at least Step 3.

13. Brian Smith

Brian Smith New Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    Thankyou. I'll give it a try. ATM I've just gone back to Otterhud as I wasn't having any real problems with it anyhow. Just wanted to try this newer option. When running the game at 60hz, borderless would have been totally fine I think. It's just because I'm using my screens 120hz mode that I'm being fussy about changing it.

I must have accidentally done something close to what you are saying a couple of times because there has been the odd time the Hud remained in place when I returned focus to the game. That's what made me think it can't be that impossible to get going if it works sometimes. Anyway many thanks for taking the time to pass on your method for getting it going.

• Like Like x 1
  14. Mike Kara

Mike Kara Member

Ratings:
    +7 / 0 / -0
    I have one more request beside that dash changes I talked about on previous page
    [​IMG]
    this was very helpful feature that is missing from your version of the HUD