rFactor 2

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by Mihai, Sep 16, 2016.

1. Mihai

Mihai Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +98 / 0 / -0
    July roadmap update is here with good news! Sebring was also released and can be bought on Steam. A bit expensive for my money but... Sebring!

• Like Like x 2
    • Informative Informative x 1
  2. Fanapryde

Fanapryde Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +410 / 0 / -0
    Without the use of RealHeadMotion app, the horizon still is not locked (even at position high). Tested it and re-installed RHM.
    Maybe it works with VR, but not on screens, sadly.
    More good stuff present, I agree.
    Having a pretty good version of Sebring installed already, and compared to the video's of the new one, I'm going to skip. It seems to be good, but not better than the VirtuaLM version. If it had not been for this, I would have bought the new Sebring, even though I agree it is too expensive for one track (and some layouts). It may very well be laser scanned, but as far as I can see, the bumps and corners are very close or completely the same between both versions...

• Funny Funny x 2
  3. Fanapryde

Fanapryde Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +410 / 0 / -0
    Marcel explained. He accidentally switched the values. To lock the horizon, set the value on LOW. That does the trick, even without RHM. Great ! :)

Maybe now it's time for Sector 3 to include such a slider... :p:D

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. Andy Kettler

Andy Kettler Well-Known Member Beta tester

Ratings:
    +1,109 / 0 / -0

Apex makes a Sebring version from scratch with Lidar data... I think that one will be 10 times better than the cheap VirtuaLM rF1 conversion with "guessed" bumps...

https://www.facebook.com/ApexModding/posts/1676368235795834

• Creative Creative x 1
    Last edited: Jul 29, 2018
  5. Balrog

Balrog Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +466 / 0 / -0
    But... why?

• Agree Agree x 3
  6. Eisprinzessin

Eisprinzessin Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +315 / 0 / -0
    A reason to buy rf2 for me.

7. Andy Kettler

Ratings:
    +1,109 / 0 / -0
    Why what ?

8. Balrog

Balrog Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +466 / 0 / -0
    • Agree Agree x 3
    • Winner Winner x 1
  9. fischhaltefolie

fischhaltefolie Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,042 / 0 / -0
    Maybe because Apex Modding made great efforts to bring a more accurate version of a highly requested race track and then s397 announced their upcoming release.
    Should they kick their work to the dumping ground?
    I think it really went bad for Apex Modding.

• Like Like x 1
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
  10. Dale Junior

Dale Junior Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +983 / 0 / -0
    for (stupid) guys who don't want to buy any official stuff …

8,99 € - It's a very good price for a laser scanned track with 3x layouts. Well done!

Here is the official rF2 Sebring Trailer:

sebring.png

… I like the accurate environment details alongside the track. Looks like some shots of Google Earth. That's what I miss for some R3E tracks … yes, you can find a lot of roads, parking spaces, residential areas, … around a track, which should also be designed in a good and accurate quality.

@Sector3

Please change your track development a.s.a.p. and give us the same real life experience with all new tracks and already existing tracks by single track updates, which are available by subsequent payment options. I would pay them!

Thank you

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
    Last edited: Jul 31, 2018
  11. Balrog

Balrog Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +466 / 0 / -0
    I think the whole situation is a bit unfortunate. I understand they want to keep the original community by helping modders to create free quality stuff and also release paid official content to keep their business running...

But I think they should avoid creating the same stuff twice, which only divides the community further. The same thing happened with EnduRacers, they have been working on their mods for years, then rF2 released the official Endurance pack with very similar content.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  12. Andy Kettler

Ratings:
    +1,109 / 0 / -0
    Wow watch your words pls... Calling people stupid that can´t or are not willing to spend 9€ on a single track is not very smart. A Lidar scanned mod version is a very good alternative and should be on par with the S397 one.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  13. Gerhard Gruber

Gerhard Gruber Member

Ratings:
    +7 / 0 / -0
    In my eyes will forget the sim racing a few years ago was still fun that everyone could afford.
    Now 60% of racers are no longer willing to spend hundreds of euros on hardware and individual content of the sims.
    you can only say the world goes to class.
    i would rather spend the money on my family.
    That's why I retired from the sim racing.

• Disagree x 2
    • Like x 1
    • Agree x 1
    • Funny x 1
    • Useful x 1
  14. fischhaltefolie

fischhaltefolie Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,042 / 0 / -0
    @Peter Koch , well, if you're happy with it, so am I.;)

15. Dale Junior

Dale Junior Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +983 / 0 / -0
    … that's why I like the iRacing or R3E business model in general: Just buy the stuff which you like and want. You don't care about the WTCC or new DTM cars? So you don't have to buy it! The sim racing market has developed into a very complex and expensive structure, as you can see in the case of the highly detailed cars and tracks, which become more and more an exactly copy of the real life model. As a developer you can't publish a new game every two years like in the 90s, unless you have a lot of men power and a huge financial support in the background … but: I don't like the current price policy of R3E very much, where you can buy the full sim for only 99,79 €, but one car + liveries pack (for example the Porsche 911 GT3 Cup pack) has a price of 8% of the full sim. That's … o_Oo_Oo_O. Quality has its price, but then go the way of iRacing, where you get a define percentage discount just for bulk content purchases: http://www.edracing.com/edr/iRacing-Budget.php … otherwise it is unfair to the old R3E owners / patriots.

16. The Iron Wolf

The Iron Wolf Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +130 / 0 / -0
    My understanding is Apex will have slightly different track version, VLM, whatever that means.

No offense to Enduracers team, but physics were still not on par with some of rF2 content, though I really root for them, and i really hope they will continue improving physics. That alone is reason to try S397 version. Also, Enduracers is another era (older) of series, so they are not really competing with modern Endurance from S397.

I do agree there's some community divide with broad and diverse rF2 content. However, it isn't a problem really by me. Clean, accountable racing is happening only in steward reviewed league races anyway (and no, automatic, software safety rating system does not guarantee clean racing), so it is a matter of finding league, and stick to your series. My league (RRLeagues) just started to adopt rF2, and I can't wait for them to add rF2 weekend races. I also root for R3E to evolve, especially physics wise, so future (and present really) is awesome for sim racing :) Alex mentioned deepening damage is in the plans, and I am really glad to hear that.

• Agree Agree x 2
  17. Eisprinzessin

Eisprinzessin Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +315 / 0 / -0
    And absolutely outstanding!

• Agree Agree x 1
  18. Crowdsource Racing

Crowdsource Racing New Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    I don't agree with this

19. Crowdsource Racing

Crowdsource Racing New Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    I don't agree with this. I was a Assetto Corsa user (iRacing previously, couple years ago, but stopped Sim Racing) with R3E always on my radar, but never committed to get any content because of the cost of entry. Tried out some of the cars in the store preview and fell in love with the sounds and handling. However, decided not to get it cause I didn't want to get sucked into the iRacing price model where I had to pay a fortune to get caught up with all the content. Then came the summer sale and got the whole thing for $50 . It was a no brainer at that point. And I haven't opened another Sim yet. I mostly race with the AI and enjoy it, but the multiplayer is lacking, because the user base is small. And if I'm like anyone else the cost of entry is holding people back. I have no problem if someone else can get access to this wonderful service for cheaper than I got it for. If it means that I can find some online races with good sized grids.

20. Racki

Racki Well-Known Member Beta tester

Ratings:
    +131 / 0 / -0
    Hmmm... so you say 65€ for the all-in package are a fortune and way too expensive?
    Because this is the price you can buy it all year long.

If you want to own all iRacing content it's over 500 bucks I guess.
    Just because you put these two on the table for direct price comparison ;-)