Problem Road America not showing as purchased

Discussion in 'Community Support' started by higsy, Jan 31, 2018.

1. Jona777

Jona777 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +409 / 0 / -0
    Still the same here but.. have you guys got the update already in steam?
    I think the problem lays there..

2. Andy81

Andy81 Member

Ratings:
    +5 / 0 / -0
    I'll get in line.
    Road America purchased but not accessible in game. Can see and select it in the menus (thumbnail missing) but can't drive it.
    If i challenge a hotlap on Road America it puts me on Brands Hatch Indy if that's any help.

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. higsy

higsy Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +123 / 0 / -0
    Maybe give it some time guys. Mine didn't show up and i went out to do some errands . Came back and it was there.. maybe it's the volume of purchases.

4. Jona777

Ratings:
    +409 / 0 / -0
    "I just closed Steam altogether, deleted RRRE64.exe, restarted Steam and made a file integrity check. This seems to have triggered the update. Downloading 800+ MB at the moment."

This solved the problem for me. Apparently the problem comes from the fact that you haven't downloaded the latest update from today for some reason! Road America is available now!

• Like Like x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  5. FJ44

FJ44 New Member

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0
    same problem ....

6. Maxx

Maxx New Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    I am having the same problem...

7. Matthieu Bocher

Matthieu Bocher New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    same problem. (i have checked files integrity with steam : no problem). Only no image for road america and unable to launch it.

8. Karl Heinz Kluth

Karl Heinz Kluth Member

Ratings:
    +10 / 0 / -0
    This made my day...I did exactly what Jona777 wrote and voila, works for me! Beautiful track...

• Like Like x 1
  9. Georg Ortner

Georg Ortner KW Studios Developer

Ratings:
    +3,508 / 0 / -0
    Marked as best answer.

Let's hope steam resolves this issue asap.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  10. Jona777

Ratings:
    +409 / 0 / -0
    Dont forget to delete the RRRE64.exe file in your c-drive then it will retrieve the missing file and start the update.

All credits to @Arthur Spooner btw!

11. exxe

exxe Member

Ratings:
    +11 / 0 / -0
    also had the problem that i have bought it without having the update.
    delete RRRE64.exe and then verify the game data also is working for me
    RRRE64.exe is in Steam\steamapps\common\raceroom racing experience\Game\x64

now ~90min watching that download bar....

12. Arthur Spooner

Arthur Spooner Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +432 / 0 / -0
    I guess any deleted game file will trigger the update on an integrity check. I don't think it has to be this specific file. I only chose this file because I wanted to make sure to have deleted a relevant file without which RR would surely not start.

I had the same problem and since "only" making an integrity check didn't do anything, I wanted to make sure that the file integrity is ABSOLUTELY NOT OK, even if the check wasn't checking against the updated version. I hoped that contacting Steam to retrieve the missing file would force the client to finally see that there is a new version available. And I was lucky... :)

13. Andy81

Andy81 Member

Ratings:
    +5 / 0 / -0
    Renaming the exe and running the integrity check started the update and it seems to be fixed

Thanks guys!

14. wad53

wad53 Member

Ratings:
    +9 / 0 / -0
    I can now join the list of those with this problem. Exactly the same, after purchase, the VRP points were deducted, but the track won't load. There is no picture in the track selection screen, but you can select from the blank picture, however the track wont load in game.
    I did the file validation bit ( but hadn't deleted the RRE64 file) without any luck.
    I'll try the tips from above, but clearly there is something going wrong here.

15. soeren_b74

soeren_b74 Member

Ratings:
    +11 / 0 / -0
    Can confirm. Worked for me, too. Thanks, Jona777!

16. wad53

wad53 Member

Ratings:
    +9 / 0 / -0
    I can also confirm that this tip worked for me. Removing the RRE64.exe file and re-validating RRE triggered the update.
    I wonder how many people (who haven't picked up Road America) think their game is updated when maybe it isn't.

• Agree Agree x 1
  17. m.bohlken

m.bohlken Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +988 / 0 / -0
    Is there any feedback from Steam if the problem is solved?
    And can it have an effect on the BoP, too? So that drivers without the Update still drive with the old Version of the BoP?
    Yesterday I was in a race in which a driver with the Corvette Z06 GT3 was more than 2sec faster per lap in Spa than the rest of the field.

18. Christoph

Christoph Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +83 / 0 / -0
    @m.bohlken
    I also have the feeling that not everyone is up to date with the latest RaceRoom version.
    But I'm not sure about that.

19. tobiaspitzer

tobiaspitzer Active Member

Ratings:
    +29 / 0 / -0
    Had the same problem with Road America. After uninstalling RRE64 and file validation from Steam, the update was loaded and Road America worked.

20. switchface

switchface Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +111 / 0 / -0
    Same problem. Steam and Raceroom are both showing as up to date. If I uninstall to force trigger a download will I lose all of my settings, etc?

What is the easiest dummy proof way of fixing this? Where exactly is the specific file I need to rename/delete?