Telemetry SecondMonitor (Timing & status App)

Discussion in 'Community Workshop' started by Winzarten, Oct 26, 2017.

1. the_greeze

the_greeze Member

Ratings:
    +12 / 0 / -0
    Okay, an amended finding: after running a couple more career races (15m Practice x1, 15m Qualifying x2 and 1hr Race x2), I've have inconsistant reporting again. Qualifying 2 doesn't seem to ever get published and other reports are inconsistant inline with my first post on this issue.

If you require any further information, logs etc, please let me know. :)

2. Winzarten

Winzarten Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +377 / 0 / -0
    Every piece of information is helpfull ;) After looking at the logs it looks like a quirk of ACC, as all drivers are removed from the session, as session is terminated, thus there are (sometimes) no drivers left to create report on :D In race you get a report 100% of time, because reports are created once you cross the finish line.

I already keep track of drivers that disconnect (in case of sim data noise), so I will try to also add to report drivers that disconnected in the last, lets say 10seconds. ;) This should, in theory, fix the issue.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Winzarten

Ratings:
    +377 / 0 / -0
    Hopefully it is fixed now (without breaking anything else :D )

• Like Like x 1
  4. the_greeze

the_greeze Member

Ratings:
    +12 / 0 / -0
    Sweet! Thank you very much, I will try it out later today :)

5. L3g0

L3g0 New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    hello i need some help with the 2nd MonApp. So what i was trying to do is to receive the data from a running event were i am connected as spectator. So how i have to do this? i have seen that there are options in the manageplugins to connect to a ACC broadcastserver. is that meant to do the job? Or how can i receive the data ? Its detecting which track but nothing more. no timings, trackmap etc.
    I looks like it receives only once the data like a snapshot but the time of the race for example is not running...

Last edited: Nov 12, 2020
  6. ravey1981

ravey1981 Well-Known Member Beta tester

Ratings:
    +873 / 0 / -0
    @Winzarten thanks for adding rating information. Would it be possible to add a reputation column too?

7. evergreen1976

evergreen1976 New Member

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0
    Hi @Winzarten

Thank you for this amazing app :blush:.
    i'm an SP player, Your masterpiece app makes me invest more into raceroom cars and track to fill up my races career imagination using custom championship. The concept is awesome.

Got a question, when i hit the "second round" of champ the thropy icon became green in qualify, i'm a bit doubt to carry further
    should it be like this ?

because in 1st round of champ, practice and qualy was blue and when in race menu is green until finish and icon became white and got podium points just works well like in the wiki.

Thankyou:)

8. Winzarten

Ratings:
    +377 / 0 / -0
    L3g0
    Spectating doesn't work right now, as some parts of the app expect a player/driver to be present. It is on the todo list ;)

ravey1981
    you're welcome :) It is possible. I also plan to add all the information present in the rating json sector3 provides to be available on the card you get when you double click a driver (i.e total races).

evergreen1976
    This sounds normal. If you selected exact track during championship definition, then the app will see that you're running an championship event (by looking at car class and track), and will automatically start that event.

First round is always blue, because the app still doesn't know what car class the championship will be run wtih ;)

9. evergreen1976

evergreen1976 New Member

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0
    @Winzarten
    thx a lot, currently running 4th round of 90min races with AI. Love you work :twothumbsup ;)

• Like Like x 1
  10. Markk

Markk New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Hey, @Winzarten

Quick question cause it doesnt seem to be mentioned anywhere.

Does this work with F1 2020,
    if so, how, I cant seem to get it to work

Thanks

Last edited: Nov 16, 2020
  11. Winzarten

Ratings:
    +377 / 0 / -0
    F1 2020 is currently not supported as I don't own it. I might buy it during christmas sale, but I don't know how much it will take for me to implement support for it.

12. Markk

Markk New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Ah shame,

I know you can get it off of G2A or CD keys for around £20 - £30

It could depend on your region however.

Have a good one :blush:

13. Hervé45

Hervé45 Well-Known Member Beta tester

Ratings:
    +135 / 0 / -0
  14. FF75

FF75 New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Hello,
    I have a question about Secondmonitor with Assetto Corsa. I can't see a map but an circle. Can you give me some help or call me what's my mistake.

Thanks.
    Frank

• Wonderful Wonderful x 1
  15. Hervé45

Hervé45 Well-Known Member Beta tester

Ratings:
    +135 / 0 / -0
    you have to do 2 full laps of the circuit to see the map

16. FF75

FF75 New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Thanks for your quick answer. But it don't works. Now I drove 4 laps Bit there is only a cyrcle. Do you have any idea?

17. the_greeze

the_greeze Member

Ratings:
    +12 / 0 / -0
    They need to be clean laps, no off-tracks. ;)
    Also, check the Second Monitor settings to make sure that the option to always display an oval/circle is not checked.

• Like Like x 2
  18. TinMan

TinMan New Member

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0
    Hi, Winzarten.
    I'm trying to use your app for custom championships in ACC, however I can't get the race results into SM reliably. I set up a custom race weekend in ACC and do a session or two at a time, then save and continue later from a save. At race start SM does or doesn't pick up the race session as championship legit. I tried restarting the ACC session, restarting SM, or both, mostly withous success. I had one custom championship set up in SM, with all tracks allready known to SM (track map outlines). Also did a reinstall, didn't help either.
    Is there a known workaround for save games or is it just not working because of ACC peculiarities?
    Regards

19. Winzarten

Ratings:
    +377 / 0 / -0
    Might be some quirks to do with ACC, I will have to have a look. But it should work, also with savegames. If you could also upload the logs when the app fails to correctly detect the session, that could help as well.

20. M3giX

M3giX New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Just a quick question;
    Is it possible to see the telemetry data of a car in your split which was drove by a friend of mine (on the same server at the same time)?
    I am trying to compare my laps with his.
    Greetings
    Markus