Telemetry SecondMonitor (Timing & status App)

Discussion in 'Community Workshop' started by Winzarten, Oct 26, 2017.

1. morsify

morsify Active Member

Ratings:
    +36 / 0 / -0
    I've been using this very useful app on a single monitor, just alt-tabbing between Raceroom and Second Monitor. But, if I wish to connect a smaller, second monitor to my gpu to display this app, is it ok to run say, a cheap 60hz monitor for the app while my main monitor runs the game at 120hz? And without any performance degradation to my game?
    Thanks for any info on this.
    (Windows 10 64 btw)

2. Hervé45

Hervé45 Well-Known Member Beta tester

Ratings:
    +135 / 0 / -0
  3. Winzarten

Winzarten Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +377 / 0 / -0
    Should be fine, this is how I, and I imagine the majority of users, use the app. :)

• Like Like x 1
  4. morsify

morsify Active Member

Ratings:
    +36 / 0 / -0
    Thanks, I've now tested it with an old 60Hz monitor, while running RRRE at 100Hz, and it works perfectly. So I've just ordered a 21.5 inch monitor and a desk mount to mount it above my main screen, happy birthday/merry Christmas to me :D

• Like Like x 1
  5. morsify

morsify Active Member

Ratings:
    +36 / 0 / -0
    Just a thought, would there be a possibility to add customisable pages in future? So for example, one page may have only the track map showing, switchable to another page with maybe session timing, and a third page with various other info.

Anyway, it is a great app, thank you for your work and for sharing it. I'm looking forward to having it on my new 'pit monitor' very soon. :)

EDIT actually, I'm sorry, there's probably no need as it can already expand different sections of the layout into a full screen.

Last edited: Jan 8, 2024
  6. morsify

morsify Active Member

Ratings:
    +36 / 0 / -0
    Is there any way to increase the size of some of the icons and in particular the text? I would really like to make the text (font) a bit bigger on the icons and warnings board (bodywork/aero damage, suspension damage, transmission damage etc).

Is there a way to edit these fonts in a json file or is it hard coded?

Thank you

7. morsify

morsify Active Member

Ratings:
    +36 / 0 / -0
    I have another question, and I have no doubt it is going to be a stupid one, but I really need to know, so :
    in the timing leaderboard, why are they drivers not shown in order of their best lap? Can some kind person please explain this to me as I am confused by it?
    Many thanks

Attached Files:

8. Andi Goodwin

Andi Goodwin Moderator Beta tester

Ratings:
    +791 / 0 / -0
    arent they being shown in there finishing order ; so there best lap may be quick but they were slower over the race distance ?

Andi

9. Winzarten

Ratings:
    +377 / 0 / -0
    The only part where text size is customizable is the timing grid, where the text font size can be specified in options. Has to be done for each column. Icons and text in icons is sadly not customizable atm. :(
    upload_2024-1-19_16-7-18.png

Drivers should be ordered by their position (as reported by the sim). As to why this position does not match the fastest lap according to the app? Might be a bug in the app (i.e the app considered, falsely, the actually fastest lap as invalid).

Another thing to note is that the app only tracks laps while it is running and in session.
    It doesn't show laps that happened before the app was running, so one possibility is for #4 actually have a faster lap, but as app wasn't running at that point, it isn't tracked.

Also, if it is race, so yeah, the running order is shown.

The best thing is to look in the in-game timing and see where the discrepancy. Also, double clicking any driver will show all laps for that driver, so you can also check if there is any issue there, with the fastest lap not actually being shown as fastest.

10. morsify

morsify Active Member

Ratings:
    +36 / 0 / -0
    Sorry Andi, that's a very fair point, but I should have said, I'm seeing this in a practice session, which is why I am confused.

11. morsify

morsify Active Member

Ratings:
    +36 / 0 / -0
    Thanks Winzarten, it might be due to me pausing and alt-tabbing from the app, I'll do as you suggest and compare it to the in-game times and see if I can spot the reason.

12. Winzarten

Ratings:
    +377 / 0 / -0
    Pausing and alt-tabing shouldn't cause the issue.
    Let me know should you spot something.

13. morsify

morsify Active Member

Ratings:
    +36 / 0 / -0
    The next time I went into the practice session (same car & track combination), the times were all working correctly, so it must have been a temporary glitch, I'll let you know if it happens again and I can work out why, but hopefully all is well now.

14. frederic.vinel

frederic.vinel New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Bonjour,
    merci pour cette application.
    Comment utiliser le connecteur Remote ? et quel type de serveur est nécessaire ?

Bien à vous

15. Andi Goodwin

Andi Goodwin Moderator Beta tester

Ratings:
    +791 / 0 / -0
    • Like Like x 1
  16. Winzarten

Ratings:
    +377 / 0 / -0
    New version is out, and it brings the ability of tracking manufacturer scoring for championships. Few notes to this functionality
    • Manufacturer name is extracted from car, so the car name needs to contain one of the manufacturers known to the app. List of all known manufacturers is here (https://gitlab.com/winzarten/Second...ating.Common/Manufacturers.txt?ref_type=heads). If there is any missing, or some car isn't identified, let me know, and I can add it there, or create a special mapping.
    • Atleast two manufacturers need to be present in session for scores to be awarded (so spec series are never scored).
    • Equal number of cars for each manufacturers are eligible for manufacturing scoring. So, ie. when there are 4 Porsches and 2 McLarens on track, only the the top 2 Porsches contribute points to manufacturing scoring.
    :)

• Like Like x 2
  17. Cologne Racer

Cologne Racer New Member

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0
    Hi Winzarten,
    super thank you! Unfortunately, the use of SM in Le Mans Ultimate leads to stuttering in the game.
    Any idea why? Le mans runs without SM without any problems.

Cologne Racer

18. Cologne Racer

Cologne Racer New Member

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0
    Ok, I have now limited the FPS according to my monitor and now it seems well.

19. Winzarten

Ratings:
    +377 / 0 / -0
    Hmm, Nothing really different between rf2 and lmu, and any other sim tbh.
    I would maybe try disable driver animation on the map, this can be quite a cpu hog in full lmu fields.
    upload_2024-3-2_15-41-10.png

20. Juan Atristain

Juan Atristain New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    So... I don't have THAT much of a PC, I was wondering if it would be safe to run this app on the background to gather data.

AMD Ryzen 3 2200G with Radeon Vega Graphics 3.50 GHz, 12.0 GB (9.93 GB usable), Win10 x64