Silhouette Class Appreciation Thread

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by James Cook, Oct 30, 2015.

1. The Monk

The Monk Active Member

Ratings:
    +30 / 0 / -0
    There are only 3 tracks I do not yet own, and two of them are on your rotation lol (Paul Ricard and Salzburgring) but I would also suggest Zolder, Suzuka (full or east) and I would have o revoke my citizenship if I didn't say Bathurst.

2. n01sname

n01sname Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +956 / 0 / -0
    Ooops, seems I missed something. Liked them before already, but guess it's time to check them out again....:eek:

3. Cheeseman

Cheeseman Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +265 / 0 / -0
    Love the new physics of Silhouettes and Acquilas. They are really really fun to drive now.

Especially the Silhouettes, they feel a little bit like touring cars with more aero.

• Agree Agree x 3
  4. James Cook

James Cook Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,013 / 0 / -0
    DTM Lite.

• Agree Agree x 6
  5. Why485

Why485 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +66 / 0 / -0
    I had a very lukewarm first impression with the Silhouette class, but after spending more time with the Canhard R51 I have to say that little thing is great, and the racing that comes from this class is great. Props to S3S for making the free classes not only actually free, but also very good and great fun to drive.

6. tpw

tpw Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +74 / 0 / -0
    I think it's a great idea to have cars like the Silhouette class - they look and sound awesome, and they can be driven competitively without having to worry so much about ending up backwards in the grass every time you sink the boot in. In this respect they are similar to the Lancer Evos in GSC - I find myself coming back to them if I'm struggling with some of the oversteery road rockets so that I can get a quick race in and not feel so bad about my (lack of) abilities!

• Like Like x 4
  7. Cheeseman

Cheeseman Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +265 / 0 / -0
    Not only that, they are one of the easiest cars to drive in the game. I'll be lying if I didnt say they are really fun to drive too.

The liveries looks amazing too.

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. The Monk

The Monk Active Member

Ratings:
    +30 / 0 / -0
    A mix of both male and female drivers as well, which I like. The C14-1 has been taking a lot of my seat time of late. Not bad for a 4cylinder :)

9. fischhaltefolie

fischhaltefolie Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,042 / 0 / -0
    Revival of an old thread.
    I was digging a little in older content an finally came to the Silhouette Series. Kind of a shrinking violet, but ...
    Great fun to drive, not too difficult and fits on every track. I set AI level a bit too low.
    Great engine and transmission sounds, unique for every car. I like the Cougar C14-1 best.
    Ai isn't too strong but very fair, no knocking at the backdoor at every corner and great side by side action. Good usage of slipstream and taking the curbs at the chicane at Salzburgring or Zolder is a fun. The cars drive very handsome and are easily to catch if needed. Physics are up to date.
    Two things concerning AI I have to say. Happened sometimes, when I raced e.g. Salzburgring AI 96.
    First, when lapping an AI car, this drove very slow (under blue flag?), only to fight to the next turn with impossible acceleration and almost causing a collision. When AI realized the mess, it slowed down again.
    Second, sometimes there are bulks of AI cars cruisin' around the track with low speed.
    But hey!
    Great content for free.:D You should give it a try.

P.S.: little bug in German store discription
    upload_2017-9-17_20-59-56.png

Last edited: Sep 18, 2017
  10. Fanapryde

Fanapryde Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +410 / 0 / -0
    Love your signature, but I fear it is not going to help...;)
    Btw: I agree on the silhouettes, loved them when I was still racing in R3E.