SimBin is back

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by Frankymoe, Oct 6, 2016.

1. nate

nate Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +875 / 0 / -0
    Well, it may be best to look at SimBin only as a name... right now at this time.

I dont know that any of the people that were part of SimBin circa 2010 when R3E was forming are manning the helm this time 'round.

So, with different employees, I imagine the end results will be vastly different. Pure speculation of course. I dont have any insider knowledge here.

Improvements are still happening and being worked on. Sector3 is an incredibly small team when it comes to the core programmers. Adding new stuff or fleshing out existing features is no small or easy task. Especially with how the game design started out for R3E. Some things need to be completely redesigned from scratch, etc.

Sector3 dont forget, is also consisting of a number of emloyees that were around from the SimBin era. So this isnt an entirely different team of devs that would suddenly come in and change everything about the game... Even though the direction certainly took a turn more towards "sim" than it was previously. There have without question been a lot of changes and improvements, just not what you may have wanted, or I may have wanted.

Hopefully though, feature improvements can keep on coming, and things like triple screen support will actually be implemented :p

As for SimBin, too early to tell what they plan on doing. It will be quite interesting to see the direction that their next title goes in.

Cheers