SimBin is back

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by Frankymoe, Oct 6, 2016.

1. alesi27

alesi27 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +233 / 0 / -0
    I am afraid that you will soon have to convert to W10 (or the next OS) as W7 will become outdated and not supported very nearly.

2. Gopher04

Gopher04 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +237 / 0 / -0
    They don't patch Win 7 now, but security updates will continue until 2020, MS's words. so time left, maybe by then Win 10 wont be as intrusive & irritating, or if we're really lucky Linux might of got their arse in gear and jumped on this open window.

3. James Cook

James Cook Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,013 / 0 / -0
    There's an article on PRC about this for those not averse to visiting that site.

Take it as you find it, as always.

• Like Like x 2
  4. alesi27

Ratings:
    +233 / 0 / -0
    I red it.Hope the part about Ian Bell is totally speculative.The day he signs in this forum and starts abusing and bad mouthing people will be my last on here...

• Agree Agree x 4
  5. James Cook

Ratings:
    +1,013 / 0 / -0
    The man's a shyster and a tool.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  6. Christian G

Christian G Topological Agitator Beta tester

Ratings:
    +2,411 / 0 / -0
    Obviously nobody at PRC speaks German and they also don't seem to know anybody who does. Seems to be the reason they just now found out things that happened over a year ago, wonder when they will find out what happened this year. :D

Apart from that, SimBin is back...Let the heritage train roll. ^^

• Like Like x 3
  7. MeMotS

MeMotS Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,056 / 0 / -0
    All this thread is missing is MSportDan and it's a wrap people.

• Funny Funny x 5
    • Winner Winner x 2
    Last edited: Oct 8, 2016
  8. Skybird

Skybird Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +803 / 0 / -0
    I must not, for I am free to chose not to allow MS access to my life any longer. This decision has been made already last year and resulted in the buying of a second (Linux) system for anything non-game-related, and W7 no longer being used for anythign else than launching games depending on it. It gets no more "updated", and I do not allow Microsoft to contact it via Windows Update Service anymore, and already since last winter. If I ever should buy new Windows hardware, I will buy such stuff that is compatabile with W7, and win another couple of years (while turning older myself and losing more and more interest in games). If that is no longer possible, then my Windows gaming time will have come to an end. There is Linux games becoming more and more. There is Steam OS, (meaning Linux in principle).

Microsofts hyper-aggressive actions during the GWX campaign, and the tehcnology mess that W10 is now, and their injeciton of bad W10 tehcnbology into W7 installations, have overstepped several times the red line towards rightout criminal behavour, cheating and fraud, in my book, and that was when they had lost what was left of my tolerance for their ways. My Windows 7 today is heavily isolated from the web, and no more perosnal stuff, security-sensible data and private stuff are stored on it. It is effectively just a game launching platform, not more. And I do not buy new Windows games anymore.

In a way Microsoft was successful with me. They did not want to take customers' No as a No, and wnated to trick, lure, force, blackmail and bully people into ´replacing their old Windows 7 OS with a newer one. They acchieved this objective. Thats the reason why I am on Linux today. :D

So, really: you must not be afraid for me at all! :D No Wndows higher than W7 here. No Facebook, no Twitter, no Google, no Java, no Autoscripting, no Flashplayer, no Adobe over here... All running on Linux, all needs served with much more privacy-safe alternatives, on a physically separated second system.

Message sent via Firefox+Security Addons, from Linux Mint. ;)

P.S. Do not ask me about my smartphone. My answer probably would deprimate you. LOL. :)

P.P.S. SimBin2.0 is about cross platform and next generation technology, its written in that article. Well, my request would be that they develop for SteamOS/Linux. Else I fear SimBin will come up with nothing I will be interested in, once they are ready to release.

9. nate

nate Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +875 / 0 / -0
    Umm... i dont think you have to worry about that. :rolleyes:

Every single article on that site has been factually wrong for over a year. They are the single worst place to get any info from, bar none. The only one that has been slightly better than awful is his real life racing article.

They put they Obama birthers to shame with their conspiracy theories :rolleyes:

But anyway, looking forward to see what this means for SimBin and what they plan to do moving forward :)

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  10. alesi27

Ratings:
    +233 / 0 / -0
    Ok man,I respect your opinion.Its a free world(or so we think..) and freedom of choice is constitutionally protected.Can I ask about your smartphone?:smilingimp:

11. fischhaltefolie

fischhaltefolie Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,042 / 0 / -0
    a pure suggestion:D
    [​IMG]

• Funny Funny x 5
  12. Skybird

Ratings:
    +803 / 0 / -0
    Sure, if you have your pills ready. :)

• Funny Funny x 1
  13. alesi27

Ratings:
    +233 / 0 / -0
    I always have my pills ready and I am currently sitting so...

• Funny Funny x 1
  14. Skybird

Ratings:
    +803 / 0 / -0
    The fairy tale of the prince and the pea. Pill, I mean.

Okay. What is your question? You can ask any question you want, but if you ask the wrong one I unfortunately have to shoot you. But do not let this inconvenience distract you, please. However, if it is the right question that you ask, then I have three wishes for free.

15. alesi27

Ratings:
    +233 / 0 / -0
    You simply don't have a smartphone,right?Good for you.

16. Skybird

Ratings:
    +803 / 0 / -0
    Oh, I have. This is my smart phone.
    [​IMG]
    At least it is smart enough to stay off for 330 days a year, and that is why it became ten years old without getting smashed by its owner.

And now I go to bed, dreaming of my three free wishes. Thank you for your cooperation! :D

• Like Like x 1
  17. James Cook

Ratings:
    +1,013 / 0 / -0
    One of Austin's 'writers' on PRC is German...if he exists at all.

• Informative Informative x 1
  18. Sdemonnz

Sdemonnz Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +83 / 0 / -0
    This news has me a little confused - Sector3 has announced a truckload of future DLC for RRE (which I've slowly put a few $$$ aside to purchase) and now we have news of a connected but separate department Simbin returning! Is it April again already? :D

Like a majority on here I'm a huge supporter of Raceroom - but this just makes me a little apprehensive about opening my wallet for up-coming DLC...at least until I hear something a little more certain about the future direction of Raceroom. I don't want to keep pumping $$$ into something that may end very suddenly (yes I'm aware things do come to an end) - Project Cars was like this...keep announcing content, releasing content - announced a new title and BLAM! stop support for what is still a VERY current title. Raceroom still has a lot of potential - even in it's often called in-finished state, i'm hoping this announcement wont dilute the future and the games future potential....I appreciate the work that the Devs do to improve the game - I know it cant be easy to keep the hungry wolves at the door (us players of the game) happy - I know it's a small team compared to other studio's and I'm usually pretty patient when it comes to updates/fixes/DLC - Yes! YEs!! YES!!! I want them, but I want them to be right and better!

I have though - put a positive spin on this news too....maybe, just maybe Simbin (or as I'll call it Sector3GB ;)) is a developmental department set up to make the game a little more global...think about it, with a team based in England it should be easier for the overall team to have access to data from GB based tracks, manufacturers and maybe even a couple of National Race Series!

Maybe this is a move to add man-power to the game we like so much - to help move it forward quicker.
    Well that's what I'm hoping this means anyway....

Chris

• Like Like x 3
  19. MeMotS

MeMotS Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,056 / 0 / -0
    My hope and I think the most logical is.
    Built a new engine in unreal 4 like they teased already, this is needed for console and Vr releases, then build this new game on the bases of raceroom and any raceroom owner could get their current content in the new game as well. They then sell current raceroom content as dlc for the people purchasing their brand new title.

That way you release a new shinny product on pc and console and keep the hard-core raceroom user happy.
    I think everyone would win

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
    Last edited: Oct 8, 2016
  20. Not Lifting Off

Not Lifting Off Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +368 / 0 / -0
    Wishing for this to happen, wishing for that to happen, i`ll tell you why its happening, console, pure and simple, its where the money is at.
    For the sake of argument lets say you release a good game on the pc and get 1 million sales, release the same game across multiple platforms and you get 3-4 times the sales, its money orientated first and foremost, as a game developer it cant be good business in this day and age to limit yourself to one platform. Simple, money talks, money rules, thats why the business is there, to make money and to take advantage of all platforms is a sure fire way with a good product to make money.

• Agree Agree x 2