Simple, simple basics - I don't get it...

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by R.C. Collins, Nov 29, 2016.

1. JyriK

JyriK Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +59 / 0 / -0
    Sack the content guys, hire more feature guys! Easy peasy lemon squeezy!

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Funny Funny x 1
  2. le_poilu

le_poilu Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +278 / 0 / -0
    Don't put DirectX on the electric chair here.
    rf1 & Automobilista : Dx9 => working lights, night races (a little bit clunky but working!)
    Asseto Corsa : Dx11 : no working lights, no night racing, only one light source (the sun)

The base engine of R3E (ISImotor) can do it, unless they have tweaked it so heavely that they removed basics features for whatever reason they had to (multiples light sources, etc )

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. Xon3

Xon3 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +171 / 0 / -0
    I am SURE most of our complains will get fixed but at this moment it still isnt at that sweet spot. Just as an example. I convinced a friend to start playing the game and told him he didnt have to buy stuff and could start with the challenges .... it took us 30 mins to be able to start doing laps cause the game first crashed and the menu was super slow then he wasnt able to access hes old account then the new account wasnt working ... eventually the game did work and he played like 5 days straight one challenge !! The core game itself is really good no doubt !!
    Also how do you get the HEADLIGHTS working ? I cant seem to get them working =/

Sorry for my bad english btw XD

Edit
    I do think one of the main problems is actually too much content and then miss out on basic stuff.

4. le_poilu

le_poilu Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +278 / 0 / -0
    You can "flash" the headlights, but you'll not see them from inside your car. It will not illuminate de world in front of you.
    Guys in car in front of you will see you're headlights flashing in the mirrors.

(You need to assign a button for this, and do long press on that button to flash headlights)

5. muzikant

muzikant Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +112 / 0 / -0
    The last few weeks I play RRE less. what came out of the cars is not my cup off tea... too much of the same adac .. .. dtm Audi TT... cup 2015+ I'm waiting for the new GT3`s and then I'll see.

At the moment I really love the rFactor 2 USF2000 no words. This is as it should be simrace. recommend it to everyone USF2000 is the best I've seen (feel) in recent years. pure addiction driving these cars.

Automobilista I enjoy the brittpack and Imola.

6. muzikant

Ratings:
    +112 / 0 / -0
    And I hope for some tracks in the furture ;)

7. muzikant

Ratings:
    +112 / 0 / -0
    And maybe some news of things to come :rolleyes:

8. D.Boon

D.Boon Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +386 / 0 / -0
    Sorry, wasn't the intention to throw DX9 under the bus, merely to highlight the age of the tech being used, as for ISImotor, I vaguely recall being told it's been modded to within about 20% of it's original life.
    However they have changed things though, I'm happy to sacrifice the basic things we had in Race07 for the physics and FFB we have in R3E, at least for now. That's a personal point of view though and I understand that not everyone will agree with it. :)
    I may be wrong about headlights etc not being able to be added but I know for sure, it's not very high up on the "too do" list. Bigger fish to fry and what not.

• Agree Agree x 2
  9. R.C. Collins

R.C. Collins Active Member

Ratings:
    +38 / 0 / -0
    I know that content people are different from those working on other features. Perhaps, as someone/others have stated, get more people for the features and other elements.

I'd double check your time line. Reason I question is, I had tried some version of the game driving the Aquila(?) prior to moving. I do remember not even being able to get controls configured and gave up on it. I do remember the menu having this big green menu bubble with options around the circle and the menu was not intuitive.

Moved across the country in June of 2011 and did not even have my gaming rig running again until October of 2012. After that point, when I tried it again, my old login/password did not work and had to 'start over'. I still have a record of that login/password and it was not Steam.

Last edited: Dec 1, 2016
  10. R.C. Collins

R.C. Collins Active Member

Ratings:
    +38 / 0 / -0
    Why is it SO outrageous, after 4-5 years and a couple hundred dollars to want, at least, a complete game?

Disclaimer;
    I don't generally find this site of much worth but occasionally there are bits of info that make a good point, find a truth or two or illustrate an undeniable reality.

In this article both the author and Matt Orr/Empty Box make valid points.
    https://pretendracecars.net/2016/08/11/no-game-value

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. Christian G

Christian G Topological Agitator Beta tester

Ratings:
    +2,411 / 0 / -0
    Think you might be talking about Raceroom The Game 2 https://raceroom-the-game-2.en.softonic.com/
    which kinda was the predecessor of RaceRoom Racing Experience.

12. Andy Blade

Andy Blade Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +302 / 0 / -0
    Just wanted to say sorry for being little snappy at you in my last post i am usually the nice one :)
    Typical day is 10-12 hrs in construction work , I get home read all dev/tester stuff behind scenes to catch up due to timezone difference. While making supper for my son and myself I am usually surfing forums for problems or see if anyone needs help etc
    Once my son is in bed I try to find and confirm bugs reported. Actual playing of the game for my own enjoyment I put my foot down and save some hrs/racing just for myself at weekends :)
    Yesterday was shitty -6c day at work and so I got little snarky , at the end of day we all want problems and bugs fixed asap

• Like Like x 8
    • Winner Winner x 1
  13. pixeljetstream

pixeljetstream Well-Known Member Beta tester

Ratings:
    +412 / 0 / -0
    Imo because r3e has really good content artists and lots of baked detail, they created a higher visual quality bar. So it means if you throw in simple lighting now, it likely feels inconsistent with the rest and then looks worse. Not saying they can't do anything, but other things seem much more attainable than a decent quality lighting system. Especially now that they get that for free via unreal4.

• Like Like x 3