Simulating DTM/WTCC championships etc

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Slackest of Pandas, May 23, 2021.

1. Slackest of Pandas

Slackest of Pandas New Member

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0
    When I first got this game back in 2014ish you were able to select specific championships such as the ADAC series etc and it would give you customised GUI as well as the correct true to life settings for races/championships in that series. Is this option still available ? Id like to try and simulate a DTM or WTCC season but I don't know what the rules are for these series, how many cars they have on the grid, pit stop rules etc... is there an option in the game to have it automatically set things up correctly or do I need to set everything up manually referencing the real life rules etc on wikipedia ?

edit: I can see rule presets for old DTM and ADAC series, is there a reason they stopped making them for other series ?

double edit: Ok those old rule sets don't even work, they set the races to 10minutes, qualifying to 5 minutes etc

• Like Like x 1
    Last edited: May 23, 2021
  2. Goffik

Goffik Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +170 / 0 / -0
    The pre-defined rule sets were part of the "Experience" packages of yesteryear. They don't do that anymore. The options we have all us to set the rules for most real championships ourselves though, so biggy.

3. Maskerader

Maskerader Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +356 / 0 / -0
    I've heard these presets set some options that aren't available through regular interface.

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. pierredietze

pierredietze Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +232 / 0 / -0
    We often asked for an option to edit custom rules for championships by ourself, but did not get any response.
    If you do not know how many cars on what tracks raced, you have to use google to find that aout, wiki is a bit of a help here. And try the search engine of this board, i remember a thread where someon had start to collect informations for different WTCR seasons.

EDIT:
    Found it: https://forum.sector3studios.com/index.php?threads/wtcc-2013-rules-and-race-length.13435/

Last edited: May 24, 2021
  5. Super Nova

Super Nova Member

Ratings:
    +22 / 0 / -0
    Me too, I don't understand why.... R3E is lucky to have official licenses and we cant make official championships... Having to build yourself the championship should not exist in 2021 sorry

• Agree Agree x 1