SimXperience setup

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by MAARTENSWESIM, Feb 21, 2016.

1. MAARTENSWESIM

MAARTENSWESIM Member

Ratings:
    +15 / 0 / -0
    I got the Simvibe SimXperience software running the Buttkicker Gamer 2. Works really well with Project CARS but it has never worked with R3E for me.
    Could someone tell me how to get it running? Are there any setting i need to do in the game?

And in SimXperience there are two games to choose from, Race Room game plugin and Race Room Experience (Steam) game plugin. Which one is the correct one to choose here?

I am grateful for all help i could get :)

2. Christian G

Christian G Topological Agitator Beta tester

Ratings:
    +2,411 / 0 / -0
    I'm somewhat sure @Glen Kabis uses a buttkicker, so you might want to contact him.

3. Joshua Spann Jr

Joshua Spann Jr Active Member

Ratings:
    +31 / 0 / -0
    The steam one works for me with no problems, and it was already on the startup screen, i didn't change anything, using only the basic settings

4. matteman

matteman Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +128 / 0 / -0
    +1.
    I use the steam version in Simvibe as well, works fine for me.
    Trobleshooting - Open control centre, open "output mixer" tab and check main simvibe switch is on.
    - Open settings tab, games, and check game plugin is RRE(steam) game plugin.
    - whilst in settings tab click on sim device manager, check the Simvibe sound card is the correct sound card for your system.
    Suggestion - If you would like a little extra kick from your shakers when changing gear go into your output mixer, add 2 extra gear change effects so you now have a total of 3 Gear Change effects in your effects list. Change your shift tones. I have 1@35
    1@45 & 1@55 . Should give you a bit more thump when you Shift.
    PS. Iam running Sim Commander 4 in chassis mode.

5. Fleskebacon

Fleskebacon Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +258 / 0 / -0
    I'm also running Simvibe with the Steam plugin for R3E, works perfectly. If it's working with your other games, it's probably something with your R3E setup. I know I had to check some "memory sharing" option or something to make it work with PCars, but I'm not sure if R3E has anything like that.

Have you tried running the "detect games" option? And which version of Sim Commander sre you using?

I'm running two K-woon shakers with a fairly powerful subwoofer amp, so it's sufficient to set the gear shift to 0 dB to get kicked out of the seat every time I shift. :)

My main challenge was to tune the setup in a way that didn't shake the crap out of my rig at all times. For me, the default setup cancels out all subtleties with shaking everything, hard, all the time. You can't really feel a bump, if everything is already shaking like an earthquake.

• Like Like x 2
  6. MAARTENSWESIM

MAARTENSWESIM Member

Ratings:
    +15 / 0 / -0
    Thanks for the replys guys. I'm using Sim commander v 4.0.047 (the latest according to auto update within the application).
    Seems like i got it working now actually. I deleted everything and started all over again.
    When using auto discovery the application only finds Project CARS and Asetto Corsa, not R3E. So that i had to manually add (install from scratch-option), there i noticed that the path for steam was wrong. It said: C:\Program Files\Steam... changed that to C:\Program Files (X86)\Steam.... and it worked much better :)

Matteman: Your tip with the gear change really did some difference, with only one gear-change effect you could hardly feel it, with one more there were much better feel to it :)

• Like Like x 1
  7. Drei

Drei Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +82 / 0 / -0
    Actually that how it works for me.... any time i install a new game, try to add it manually, and it just doesnt work.... so i delete the whole thing, reinstall, it finds my games automatically and voila....weird...

8. higsy

higsy Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +123 / 0 / -0
    Hey guys , I was thinking of downloading SimExperience . What are your opinions of it , it seems pretty cool. Does it do everything you expect it to do for all the Sims. I've got a single butt kicker beneath my seat and this seams like it will add some pretty good features to it.
    Thanks

9. MAARTENSWESIM

MAARTENSWESIM Member

Ratings:
    +15 / 0 / -0
    Short answer yes :) It does the job very well compared of having the buttkicker running on the ordinary audio-channel where you get vibrations from music and other effects that you don't want.

• Agree Agree x 2
  10. MrLu

MrLu New Member

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0
    Does SimVibe function with external Sound Cards or only PCI-E ones? Would destroy the sweet look of my PC setup :D

11. Joshua Spann Jr

Ratings:
    +31 / 0 / -0
  12. MrLu

MrLu New Member

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0
    And you run your buttkicker on this or on your onboard sound?

13. Tuborg

Tuborg Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +457 / 0 / -0
  14. Joshua Spann Jr

Ratings:
    +31 / 0 / -0
    yes, I run buttkicker on the usb with no problems

• Useful Useful x 1
  15. Fleskebacon

Fleskebacon Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +258 / 0 / -0
    Or you can run Simvibe from your integrated soundcard and the sound from an external one, like I do.