Sort out the AI and RRE can be a great sim

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Peevee88, Apr 9, 2016.

1. James Cook

James Cook Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,013 / 0 / -0
    Yeah I'm mainly referring to AI collisions.

2. MAARTENSWESIM

MAARTENSWESIM Member

Ratings:
    +15 / 0 / -0
    I thought i was the only one. But you have to do something about the AI because its not very good. What buggers me most is that the AI brake way to early into corners and waaaayyy too hard. Often i slam into one AI's ass because it wants to break too hard and too early in the entry of a corner.

3. rad

rad Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +458 / 0 / -0
    For me they often brake too late, but somehow they can do it more effectively. And than they take the corner too slow...
    Plus on Nords, they brake before jumps (mostly the one right before Schwedenkreuz)

• Agree Agree x 2
  4. wad53

wad53 Member

Ratings:
    +9 / 0 / -0
    I've recently been spending my time with off-line racing at Bathurst (love this track, the RRE version is the best I've run). However, whist the AI does a good job of running similar times to me (using adaptive AI and it's quite well trained now), my races are almost always ruined by the AI's early braking in a few (blind) spots and the horrible collision reactions. eg. every time I tap the rear of an AI (evenly fairly lightly), I spin off violently into the walls whilst the AI continues on with a small reaction. But when the AI taps me, it's the opposite, I again spin off into the walls and the AI continues on almost unaffected. :eek:

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  5. ClayytonBR

ClayytonBR New Member

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0
    And here I am again, is there any chance to downgrade my files? Loved the game before the miserable end-of-march update.

• Dislike Dislike x 1
  6. Bee

Bee Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +45 / 0 / -0
    I have raced R3E a lot lately and i notice some linearity behaviour amongst the AI drivers.
    Well, i also love Bathurst. I love it soo much that by now i am able to predict the AI's behaviour in all situations. I know when to be careful and at which places i can attack. I know their brake points and their defending strategy. I also know the places were AI could spin off track. With this knowledge when i see an AI braking at a point that is not on my list i know that there has been a AI collision or a car spun out on track. When the AI is running similar laptimes it is hard to overtake without contact.
    And as long as i do not meet any requirements to get full aside or a bit further than the AI car, i stay behind it waiting for the next opportunity. Yesterday i raced for a full hour at 12th place not being able to pass pos 11. Every lap i was a bit short...but that is real racing (at least for me).
    Nevertheless, i do hope that S3 will release a full flag system including a safety car with option to set Safecar behaviour (full course yellow rules) in the nearby future.